At 9

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dude, Mar 3, 2006.

1. The Dude

The Dude New Member

IF there is any validity to the rumors of a trade with Detroit and we end up with the 9 pick, what do you think of drafting Tamba Hali there? He could fill in nicely opposite Ellis (maybe even play as a bigger LB in our 3-4)

2. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

Do you mean Haloti Ngata? If so there is a chance we will draft him. I doubt it though. There is also no way he moves to LB. Hes a NT and nothing else.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

No he is talking about Tamba Hali from Penn St.... and to answer the original question, I'd rather not draft Hali

4. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

nope draft a RB

5. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

If that trades happens, I would love to draft Cutler at 4 and Deangelo Williams at 9.

6. Pride

Pride New Member

No more first round picks on the defensive line. It would be awesome to draft at 4 and 9 I would take Ferguson and pray cutler falls to 9 and if he doesnt i would take deangelo

7. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

i would take Cutler at 4 and D Brick at 9. D Brick has more of a chance to fallin to 9.

8. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Mario Williams at 4, trade down from 9...

9. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

If they can get Pick #9 for Abraham and a 3rd rounder it is an absolute no-brainer IMO. Here's what I'd do
    Trade down from #4 for a pick in the 7-10 range (Bills at #8 to get D'Brick?), gaining a 2nd rounder out of it. Then use the pick on Vernon Davis

Trade down from #9 to the 13-15 range (Ravens at #13 for Lendale?) gaining a 2nd rounder. The use the pick on Manny Lawson.

10. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Hell yeah:beer:

11. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Debrikisha will NOT fall to number 9 (San fran will take him in a heart beat). while cutler WILL fall to 9(oakland doens't seem interested in a qb). So i think we should go D'Brick at number 4 and cutler at number 9.

12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

DeAngelo:beer:

13. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I don't get why people want to take Davis. We are not in a position to take the best player available. The Jets have WAY to many needs to dedicate such a high draft pick to TE. Not when the OL needs to be rebuild with 3 or 4players, WR, RB, QB, FB, not to mention the needs at NT and CB on the defense.

Davis is a beast with a lot of potential, I get that. But to draft a TE when you have Jolley, Dreesen on the roster, possibly resigning Baker, or signing Putzier, Davis becomes a luxury. This draft is very deep at the OL, maybe the best OL class we will see in years, and OL is our biggest need. Not TE.

4 take Brick,and at 9 take Culter if he falls, or White.

14. GreenMachine

Take DBrick at 4 Deangelo at 9...

15. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

the only question is whether you trust pennington. i dont think you take a running back considering there are always good running backs every year. This is such a good draft for qb's. And if you're gonna replace pennington at all, this is the year. I would be happy with any combination of cutler/young, D'brick or deangelo. But i think it makes the most sense to get cutler than D'brick considering there will probably be another very good rb next year
    (Adrian Peterson????) :breakdance:

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

At this point, given how we are dismantling the OLine, I would take Brick, who I have been against for a while now at 4. Then a RB at 9, and then, if he is still available when we pick again, Croyle. After that, work on getting a NT, unless Mangini feels DRob can be his guy in a 3-4, or an end if JAbe does wind up out of here. Then fill in the other OLine spots, and if we are lucky, get someone for the CB slot (but if we can't I think Barrett can be at least functional there next year while we work on the rebuilding.)

17. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I could see us going with Ngata at #4, then trading down a little bit from the #9, and taking a guy like McNeill or Justice.

18. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

Take D'Brickashaw Ferguson at 4 and if Michael Huff falls to 9 you take him, or if Vernon Davis is there you take him, doubt he will be. In no way do i want cutler.

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

if we have the 9th pick i want vernon davis over anyone else on the board. he could be one of the biggest mismatches for any defense in the league for years to come.

20. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

he would be a nice target having a big strong pass catching tight end changes the entire offense