ASOIAF: Game of Thrones Books (Contains SPOILERS!!)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Jun 10, 2013.

1. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Man not trying to give away any spoilers but season 4 is gonna be fucking awesome...the second half of storm of swords is amazing

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did you even bother to read the title of this thread?

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Apparently season 4 is airing 'early 2014'. Just keeps getting better.

[YOUTUBE]6ggHIMX8sdo[/YOUTUBE]

#103 gustoonarmy, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  4. gustoonarmy

anyone know when the next series is airing?

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Spring 2014, probably March or April

6. gustoonarmy

Urgh , that's eternity :(

7. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

March 30th is the premiere of season 4. I have this show on my TV show tracker app, and that's the date it says for this show to resume.

8. gustoonarmy

Thanks ............

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Just finished the books. I really didn't like A Feast for Crows. I didn't find the Greyjoys/kingsmoot interesting, but I definitely enjoyed Theon/Asha/Victarion more in book 5. Even though I watched seasons 1-3 before the books, I found the books a very good read still.

Now that I am done with the books, looking up all the theories is a lot of fun. I definitely missed a lot of what is going behind the scenes.

Aryas and Davos stories have been the best to me so far. Stannis' is very interesting too especially with the ending.

The show, I'm interesting what the BIG event will be in the penultimate episode of the season. Ned, the battle in King's Landing, and the Red Wedding. I can't figure since 4/5 run together chronologically, what the big event will be. They also have much to go through in the final 1/4 or so of book 3.

10. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Next seasons episode 9 will probably end with Tywin shot with a crossbow bolt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

11. displacedfan

That was my gut instinct, but I don't think enough happens between the ending of season 3 of the show to Tywin getting shot in the book. I don't think that's enough material episode for 9 episodes unless other stories progress further. But Tywin dying had ripples through some other stories and decisions, so I'm not really sure how they approach it.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Books and Spoilers discussions only in here please o_O

displacedfan likes this.
  13. akibud

akibud Active Member

Does anyone know if these books are available on tape? Ain't nobody got time fah dat!! (reading books that is)

14. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

15. abyzmul

displacedfan and deerow84 like this.
  16. displacedfan

Okay, Abyz and anyone else, feel free to educate me tell me I missed details. I finished the books this past winter but have only read through them once so I could be missing obvious stuff.

I definitely do think Tyrion and Dany end up working together somehow. That seems like a great pairing and a redemption for Tyrion.

I don't think the young Griff character is a Tarygaryen. I think it is Varys' plan to stabilize King's Landing and save King's Landing basically. I forget who Varys was telling, but he told someone that the prince was trained from birth to be a great king.

I think the Tyrells set up Cersei and the Lannisters. I don't think Loras was badly hurt at Dragonstone, I don't think he went there at all. I think he went to defend the Reach that is being attacked then eventually maybe reach out to Dany as the Tyrells supported the Tarygaryens in the past. I also feel like the Tyrells are playing Cersei somehow and Margery is going to end up innocent and they basically had Cersei construct her own downfall.

I have no idea who the hooded person in Winterfell is. I can't even think of a theory and every theory I have read I just don't really support.I'm sure it's some theory I've read, but I just have no idea. Thouhgts?

Also, I'm reading this great northern conspiracy idea and it's a lot to read or take in. If anyone else has read theory, what do you think?

17. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I've done the audio books when I commute into work, the Game of Thorones books on audible.com are great.

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I read a few of the things on there and there is definitely some interesting articles in there, this one about Oldtown being one of the most interesting. A lot of the other theories are ones that I kind of agree with and came to naturally (i.e. Jon possibly being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, Benjen Stark possibly being Coldhands, etc.) but the people here actually pulled out the quotes from the books that back up their arguments which is pretty dedicated, I'm far too lazy for that.

19. abyzmul

I don't have any doubt that Tyrion will end up as Dany's Hand of the Queen, actually. His arc is taking him directly to her (although GRRM is famous for smashing his own obvious story arcs to bits to create a plot twist) and too many things make sense. First, he knows about dragons. There was a ton of foreshadowing of this in A Game of Thrones (the first book, not the HBO series), when he is in Winterfell, and also at the Wall. One of the things happening with Dany in the current arc is that nobody with her knows a thing about the behavior and traits of dragons, and she has been quickly losing control of them. He'd be the missing puzzle piece for her, especially with his previous experience as King's Hand in Tywin's stead.

I'm sure you've seen the myriad of "The Dragon has 3 Heads" theories, where people are placing Jon and Tyrion on the other two dragons, due to the possibility of both of them being Targaryans, Jon possibly being the legitimate son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar, Tyrin being the bastard of Aerys and Joanna Lannister.

I'm not sure I buy into that theory wholesale, but it's interesting to think about.

I'm not sure what to think about Griff/Aegon. It doesn't feel right, and I have been kind of poisoned by theories that Varys and Illyrio are Blackfyre loyalists trying to usurp the throne with a pretender. There's still a LOT that we don't know about Varys, and I believe he'll be one of the central figures in the final books. He may even get some POV chapters before it's all over, I'd actually bet on it.

The Tyrells definitely set up Cersei, Olenna Tyrell (the real power behind the Tyrells) has been playing the Lannisters like a fiddle since before Tywin took his final golden dump. Agree about Loras, I don't think he got mortally wouded at Dragonstone and since it was almost entirely Tyrell soldiers that went to Dragonstone, there's a chance that he was never there to begin with. If they are trying to align themselves with Dany, he's probably be a good envoy, although if I were going to guess, I'd guess that Varys had put a bug into someone's ear about Griff/Aegon, and the Tyrells are angling to try kill off the Lannisters and marry Margaery to Aegon.

Edit: Forgot to mention, while Margaery may be acquitted, it's looking like Cersei may choose trial by combat and take "Ser Robert Strong" (aka zombie Gregor Clegane) as her champion. If that happens, I think it would be funny to see the monk septon choose the Gravedigger (The Hound) as his champion so that Sandor can finally put an end to his brother.

Every time I think I know who the Hooded Man is, I change my mind. At first I thought it was a split personality occurrence of Theon/Reek. Then I thought it was Osha, who could have doubled-back to Winderfell and hidden with Rickon in the Stark tombs. I've also read a theory about it being Septon Chayle, but that is just too boring a theory to dwell on. It would have to be someone who was familiar with Theon, if it's not Theon himself.

Galbart Glover or Maege Mormont? I know they were sent to the north with copies of Robb's letter declaring Jon's legitimacy, could they have holed up in the remains of Winterfell once they heard of the Boltons taking control of the north?

I'm at a loss for the Hooded Man.

I've seen links to that one, but there are like 500 pages to read, and whenever I delve too deep into westeros.org I end up overdosing on Fantasy Geek. Do you know where I can find the abridged version?

#119 abyzmul, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  20. displacedfan

Good call on all the knowledge Tyrion knows about Dragons. He's considered a smart guy by both the books and show so there needs to be a connect. I'm not sure if I buy Tyrion being part Targ. Jon seems almost certain to me but I'm not too sure about Tyrion. Tommen, Cersei, Joffrey, and Myrcella are supposed to have clearly blond hair right while Tyrion doesn't. And the eyes. I never really bought that idea but we will see.

I read the Blackfyre ideas, I really haven't thought about it though. This was more simple thinking for me that you can't trust Varys or Littlefinger. Is it confirmed Varys was the prison guard that disappeared the night Tyrion escaped? I believe that almost 100%. The one that left a coin that ties it back to the Tyrells. That seems to be Varys game, drawing that tension between the Tyrells and Lannisters.

Heh I never thought about the Hound coming back to do that. That would be a nice full circle for the Hound. And yeah the Queen of Thorns has been playing the game very well. To what extent thought, I'm not sure.

Yeah there are so many possibilities for it. If it was Theon/Reek I don't think that would be a satisfying result for me.

Yeah that's been my problem in reading about the conspiracy. Way too much to read, and it feels like I have to study and take notes to understand it, something I don't want to do.

This the shortest recap I could find:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95448-le-grande-northern-conspiracy-parte-the-fourth/

Just read the quoted post in the first post. Then that guy links to here http://zincpiccalilli.tumblr.com/tagged/meta:-the-north-remembers and I am still working through learning all the character and understanding the connection then seeing if it makes sense.