Article: Saquon Barkley would like to play for the Jets, the team he grew up rooting for

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NoodleArm, Feb 23, 2018.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes IMHO we should not draft a Penn State players based on the Blair Thomas incident Name a top 5 Penn stater drafted in the last 20 years

#81 championjets69, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Then what U posted shows the stupidity of NYJ FO :mad:

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

So you don’t want to draft one of the best RB prospects of all time because another RB prospect that the Jets drafted almost 30 years ago that just so happened played at the same school didn’t work out?

Am I reading this stupidity correctly?

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Watch highlights of early Ladainian Tomlinson and you will know what Saquon Barkley is about to become. He is a next level talent that guys named Gurley, Bell and Fournette wish they could approach.

If he falls to the Jets and they pass, then they deserve the ridicule they will get in resultant years. He's the player that everyone will talk about in this draft.

But the reality is that the Browns will draft him.

5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Lurk moar, new guy.

Brook! likes this.
  6. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Game changer.
    Would help any team in all situations.
    Best offensive pick in the draft.
    Best football player in this draft.
    Would instantly improve any QB due to his abilities, as a runner and pass catcher.
    It's been a very long time since our team had an offensive weapon like him, if ever.
    The JETS should do everything they can to get him.
    If a 1st and a 2nd would allow us to move up and get him, they should, maybe even add a 3rd.
    I usually hate the idea because of the cost, but he is the only guy in this draft I would consider a plus after the minus.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

8. matt robinson 17

9. matt robinson 17

10. matt robinson 17

11. matt robinson 17

12. matt robinson 17

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm almost there with you, but while Barkley would be a more certain "plus impact" player, he still doesn't touch the ball as often as the QB, nor does he call any plays. If the Jets don't sign Cousins (or some other QB) in FA, and Rosen or Mayfield (and Maybe Darnold) are still on the board, I'd have to go with one of them I think. That said, I see the advantages of getting Barkley now and looking for the FQB later, perhaps even in the later rounds, or next year. Cleveland is sitting pretty with the 1 & the 4, and can have their cake and eat it too while we wait for crumbs to fall.

tbruner12 likes this.
  14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Only reason to pass on Barkley is a franchise QB. That's it. He's the best in this draft, period.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. If we do end up with Cousins..Barkely makes alot of sense even in a trade up. If we are serious about being "run first" bringing Barkely is a strong statement supporting that notion. He'd protect Cousins limitations. If Cousins can throw against a 9-10 man front we could be onto something.

16. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I'm all for drafting Barkley if the Jets already have Cousins. If the Jets decide to draft a quarterback the only ones worth passing on Barkley for are Rosen, Darnold, and maybe Mayfield. If the Jets were fortunate enough to land Barkley I would be fine with whatever direction Mac goes to fill our qb need.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Agree, except the "maybe" is for Darnold...Rosen and Mayfield are definites IMO. But adding Barkley gives them a lot of margin for error with the QB.

NCJetsfan and playtowinthegame like this.
  18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i absolutely HATE taking a RB within the top 10. BUT this guy has to be an exception rather than the rule.

The only way i could see drafting this guy at 6 is if we have cousins. other than that its QB all the way.

while i am on record for posting how i want a home grown QB and not a FA one; i could live with heading into the
    season with cousins, barkley, and a rebuilt OL with whatever cash is left and our second/third round picks.

if the giants stay at 2 i clearly see a scenario where THEY draft barkley and follow a similar plan to upgrade their OL unit.
    That could be a lethal offense with their stable of pass catchers. absolutely lethal.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The best thing the draft can do is separate a dawg from its posse.

posse = money sucking, drug running, lady killing, career ending 'bros from the hood'

(think Aaron Hernandez, born and raised in Boston).

Now Barkley sounds like a great kid with a good network, but with roots in a neighborhood 10 miles from Jet Camp, he will have a 'shadow' following him around 24/7, with its hand out.

Same situation if the G-Girls get him.

So fuckit, get him in here. I really believe he's the only diff maker in the draft, posse be damned!

tbruner12 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Nowadays teams set up the run with the pass. That's one reason why the position has become so devalued.

I remember when people used to use the term franchise RB finding that superstar back was almost as important as finding that franchise QB. Now? The term almost sounds like a joke.

For the Jets to use this #1 pick on a f'n RB in one of the deepest QB drafts ever when WE DON'T HAVE A QB would be the SAME OLD JETS thing to do.