Article: Saquon Barkley would like to play for the Jets, the team he grew up rooting for

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NoodleArm, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Browns need to fill a lot of holes. They could trade the 4th to a QB needy team for more picks.

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

If we get Cousins and a blue chip Qb is still there at 6, we should still take the QB.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Barkley is SPECIAL..but all of you are DREAMING if you think he can get past 5 rounds!

Tempting Bait ..BUT NOT A PRIORITY...miss out drafting a QB this year and we are SCREWED

After Cousins says NO..threads like this won't matter

BomberJet likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

No way. You take one in the later rounds. Jets have other positions to fix. Unless you are holding that pick for ransom.

5. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I doubt very seriously he falls to 6. He's probably the very best player in the draft.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Squats 650 lbs, power, speed, elusive, go around you, run over you, great receiver, great team first attitude, a TD waiting to happen on any play, I watched every game he played

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If we sign Cousins and Barkley is just sitting there at 6 I am all for it

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Cousins and Barkley is the absolute best case scenario for this team. I think if you asked the anti-Cousins camp if they’d go with Mayfield, Allen or the combo of Cousins and Barkley, even they’d wake up and smell the coffee.

I just can’t see Barkley being there. Browns are going to go QB/Barkley with their two picks and he may not even be there by the time they pick fourth.

ColoradoContrails and LF911SC like this.
  9. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Whilst you're probably right, Williams and Adams were seen by some as the best in the draft and they dropped to us...at six. Trust the Joy of Six. ;-)

Brook!, hwismer and FJF like this.
  10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Browns could very well go with a QB and Minkah Fitzpatrick

FJF likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Or Nelson

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

They could. But if I’m the Browns I go Darnold and Barkley and boom, you have your offensive cornerstones for the next decade.

Barkley is just too talented to make it to 6. The years of “don’t draft a running back in the first round” are over. Look at all of the top running backs, how important they are to their teams and where they were drafted. You don’t think the Giants see what a guy like Barkley could do after playing against Zeke for two years? You don’t think the Colts wanna take the burden off Luck like the Chargers did with Rivers/Gordon? And that only made Rivers better.

It’s my absolute top choice and I pray it happens but... I fear another McFadden situation. Only this time McFadden is an elite running back.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It sounds great, but as NoodleArm says above, if Cousins' play declines quickly and Rosen goes on to become Aaron Rodgers part 2, it wouldn't matter how good those other picks turn out, the Jets would be big losers.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Browns secondary is such a disaster that picking a guy like Firzpatrick makes a lot of sense even with Barkley sitting there for them. They also have Duke Johnson who just may be their best player.

Also keep in mind that the 3 & 4 picks are gonna be prime real estate for teams looking to get ahead of the Broncos for a QB too.

Best case scenario is the Jets sign Cousins and 3 or even 4 QBs go ahead of them. Likely? Probably 3 is likely and crazier things have happened then 4.

15. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Sign Cousins, sign Jensen, draft Barkley at 6 ......offense instantly takes on a whole different persona. If you want to transform an offense in one offseason, that would be an easy way at getting that done.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm in the pro-draft a QB camp, but if they've already signed Cousins, I would trade up in order to get Barkley - he's that good. He would raise Cousins form above average to SB-level QB.

tbruner12 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Cousins is like Alka Seltzer...plop plop fizzz...instant relief

But only for a while...heartburn returns in long run

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I think Barkley and Fitzpatrick are the two best players in the draft...i can see browns going QB and Minkah.........our biggest threat is the Giants . Im positive they arent taking a QB.......its Nelson or Barkley for them. And can you really take Nelson #2???

Brook! likes this.
  19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Yes. Nelson is a fucking monster. He's one of the position exceptions because he's such a beast. Players of that caliber are always worth drafting, especially if it's a need.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I get your point, but I usually reserve the top 3 picks for game-changing players. As good as he's reputed to be, an OG isn't going to be a game changer by himself. I would be very surprised the Giants took him at 2. I see them taking a QB if the one they want is there, or Barkley, with the other possibility of trading down. On that point, maybe it's wishful thinking, but would they consider giving us the #2 and then taking Nelson at 6? One can only dream.