Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

2010 is Sanchez's best season, it's the season that I say showed hope that Sanchez "could" be a worthwhile NFL QB. It's the one year he held his turnovers down and not coincidently it's the only year that the Jets with him at the helm was better than a .500 team +/- one win.

BTW most fumbles in career per NFL.com Sanchez 14 fumbles in 2012, 10 fumbles in both 2009 and 2011 and 9 fumbles in 2010. Tom Brady, in a much longer career most fumbles 13, again per NFL.com stats. and btw Tom brady number of seasons with fewer than 9 fumbles (Sanchez's best) 7 seasons with 8 or fewer fumbles.
    And again per NFL.com since you did a rookie comparison, Brady has NEVER thrown more than 14 picks....
    Brady was a little more fumble happy, just slightly, his first 4 years, but he threw FAR fewer picks and completed a much better percentage of passes.

That said, no one expected Sanchez to be Brady when Sanchez was drafted...but no one expected Brady to be Brady when he was drafted in what, the 6th round?

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll run that all this weekend when I have time to actually go back and look at box scores and the play by plays. But I'l remind you that he also threw the pick six that gave the Pats an unsurmountable lead in one of those games...If your going to give him credit for one, you've got to give him credit for the other.

Regarding several of those, specifically Oakland and the Giants, the defenses were playing soft defenses to prevent big plays as they held multiple score leads...when the defenses tightened back up Mark couldn't do crap. Yes junk, that's basically garbage time padding stats if we use the same definition that you applied to the Jets running game in 2009 and 2010 when you said they padded stats in games they were trailing in because the team was behind or had a big lead.

Your criteria, not mine. Goose and gander thing.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I someone continues to fail on the job like for example in sales and does not put up "the numbers" they are let go in business. It doesn't matter if they were adequately trained or not (as some of his fans keep saying) or the sales team wasn't any good. It's expected that the person will rise above it all (if a leader) and be successful. I think Mark had good coaching and his complimentary parts on offense were good enough for him to be successful. That means the OL, receivers and backs. Mark had over 60 starts. Time to go in another direction. Keeping him around will not be productive.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yep, chaz schilens, Tony Sparano and co. were more than good enough to succeed:eek:

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It depends. If he signs a one year deal and gets beat out in camp and doesn't get to play, he's in trouble. That's another year of showing nothing. If he signs a one year deal and plays well then it's his best option. It really isn't clear what his best option would be. And if someone was signing him to be a starter, I don't think they would sign him to a one year deal. They would go the deal you mentiond, a few years, so in fact if Sancehz does succeed they have him on the roster. A one year deal seems more like a backup opportunity which doesn't guarantee any playing time.

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Schillens is a bad NFL receiver. It's not his fault if Mark overthrows him. As for Sparano. He was a plus for Mark. He continued to play him even though Mark was horrible. For that reason I have no problem with them firing Tony. Because he stayed with Mark. To me he should have been benched long before he ever was. Jets fans have complained about OCs forever. Never happy with any of them. The fact is: Sparano is a good coach. He was Parcell's choice to be HC of the Fins. And didn't do a bad job until the owner and politics got in his way. The guy the Fins selected hasn't exactly been turning it around in Miami even though they spent a ton of cash on FAs. And if Mark goes to the Raiders Tony is the OL coach there. Convenient for Mark fans who can still blame it on Sparano.

7. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Dude you don't know shit about football if you refer to Tony Sparano as a plus.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

haha. schilens was rumored to be cut all camp long, he ended up starting for us and not b/c he earned it but b/c we lost a ton of guys to injuries. the man is now out of the league.

Sparano was certainly not a plus, look at the way the offense was executed in 2012 vs. 2013. both years had poor QB play but we could see a real offense in 2013.

OL coach and HC are different than OC, right?

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Bro, it's not easy to get a starting position esp at QB in the NFL. If you don't perform. So what did Tony do to screw Mark up. He played him. He gave Mark an opportunity to play. How many guys who are good never get that. So Sparano was in Mark's corner all the way. I doubt Mark has a bad word to say about Tony.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I agree Sparano deserved to be fired. Not because of his Xs and Os but because he insisted on going with Sanchez. That was his demise.

TNJet likes this.
  11. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

i disagree... noone says A word about sporano like he was one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history. lol and there been a to. Weather Sanchez sucks as a qb is debatable, but hes always been a gentleman and has never complained about anything.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What team could give Sanchez the tools he needs to succeed?

And let him start.

13. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

currently none. best spot for him long term is probably Arizona. He could sit a year behind palmer

14. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Best place for Sanchez besides the Jets,
    would be Dallas, Bengals, Houston or Brown's.

All 3 teams have legitimate #1 receivers, obv Dallas Off was stacked. He gets to sit behind Romo for a year and maybe take over, unfortunately for Mark Weeden already signed with Dallas.

Bengals and Texans are a playoff Team without a playoff worthy qb. Teams offense is pretty stacked.

Brown's seem to have the next big receiver, and tight end. Also they have some parts to be successful as was displayed when Hoyer was qb.

15. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

a thought occurs to me that hadn't earlier, it may best to just take the hit in a week and keep him as trade bait.

theres a bit of mediocre QB standoff going starting with a possible Shaub to OAK move to start things off. The texans supposedly had interest in Sanchez, so we can possibly wait it out until something happens there to trade for negotiable pick. they'll be fine if they take the hit, honestly, and for sanchez's sake an organization where he'll get a fresh take and won't be an afterthought is better than anything he can get from the jets.

I do not think that the team will restructure his deal so that he can continue playing in NY unless Vick goes off the market. right now I have a hard time believing theres any incentive for them not to extend him if they wanted too, and given that they've apparently already talked to Vick I don't think he's that valuable in their minds expect as a Plan B where they don't get anybody else to compete with Smith.

In other words if the team was as confident in sanchez as some fans are a new deal would had been done a while ago. However keeping him for the spring makes a lot of sense. Its like Tebow all over again, except Sanchez is at least a QB and has some value on this weak QB market. We can start to parle with whoever loses this game of QB musical chairs, as Sanchez, while no great option and one we certainly should and will be moving on from, is better than most out there.

freaking Gabbert got traded,so can Sanchez. the only way he's not gone from NY is if we happen to be that team, but as of now I believe the jets are looking for better options while holding their cards close. hes a last resort bargaining piece as of right now, expecting anything else is setting ones self up for disappointment, though I know how a lot here like to think he's more than he really is.

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Let's see the proof.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yeah, 2012 Jets - Titans was all about "not reading defenses." Man that game was brutal especially considering how Tennessee was trying to hand it to the Jets.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Mark's not a baby. So this confidence stuff is a crock of shit. He's supposed to be a veteran starting Qb. It is about reading defenses something he's piss poor at. There were games when opposing Dbs commented afterwards about how easy it was to read and confuse him. You can't blame it on anyone other than the player.

19. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Yeah his mediocre playcalling fist pumping for field goals and overall stupid game planning had alot to be desired. So was the use of that dude who is out of league right now, up the middle in a cloud of dust then insert Sanchez at 3rd and forever. yeah he was a plus.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Hmm probably Cleveland only fits this and barely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.