Are There Any Jehovah Witnesses On Here

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Jul 8, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Kurt Vonnegut much? : )

TommyJ likes this.
  2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

There is only one type of religious fanatic that is worse. Roman Catholics. That's all I have to say about that.

3. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i was born roman catholic, i renounced that crap over 3 decades ago. its a giant black hole of guilt that not even light can escape from. mainly because no light has ever gotten in.

4. jetophile

You were not born RCC. You were branded.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Those JW's came to my door one day. I told them I was Muslim from Turkey. The next day an old Turkish couple showed at my door inviting me to JW. I told them I was Kurdish and hated Turks. I said if you have any Kurdish JW's send my way. They said they will. Still waiting. That's all I know about JW's.

Walt White and RuJFan like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don't have the stamina for those catholic services. Sit,stand, kneel have to do the hand jive. Too much exercise just to go to heaven, don't you think?

TommyJ likes this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Not me. But they tried. I remember being terrified at an early age by them, or finding it hysterically funny. But mostly terrifying. Seven, eight years old in a nightmare, lmao(now). I was cutting Sunday school at that age, and some other class or whatever it was, the church was close to home. That made me feel guilty.
    I remember me and another kid being taken by a nun and hit on the hands with a ruler and the other kid went crazy and me laughing my ass off. For just being little kids. But mostly being terrorized.
    It was so bad that my mother pulled me from it. Thank God, and me mum. :)
    For years I was conflicted by that. But now I'm kinda glad.

8. jetophile

Totally nah. Please watch Oriental Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, and RCC beat the living shit out of each other in the Holy Sepulcher. They're rude, nasty, do weird candle tricks about the rising sun, as if that's never been universal. Evangelicals prefer to visit the "real burial place" across the way. Anyway, it has an incredible history, and I've said this before, a Muslim has the key.

Let's start that you'd never be able to walk with 500 lbs your back. It's dumb to believe that.

9. jetophile

Serious question. A guy on a winged donkey rides through the sky and splits the moon in two. Do you believe that? For real? How do you not laugh yourself to death? It's Pegasus, just sayin'.

#49 jetophile, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I dont live in the Bible Belt but DE is very agrarian vs cosmopolitan. The Amish drive their Black Horse Buggy at like 1 mile per hour oblivious to the drunks and reckless Delaware drivers who go exceedingly fast or slow. Why impose the 17th Century in the middle of drive craziness???? Sometimes I wonder and get annoyed. Plus I get holy rollers knocking on my door about every 6-10 months. Rather than judge and complain I am doing something about it.

The trick is to go with the flow in middle DE but by November I want to be living down south in Lewes/Rehobeth which is strictly middle class.

11. jetophile

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Heres how I see it---so long as you dont impose your beliefs on me Im cool with it . Life is hard enough, if u want to carry a tambourine , or a book or cross or pray to or believe in bigfoot it does not really matter TO ME . If you want to belief in nothing or if you were a chipmunk in your past life again does not phase me, whatever gets you thru this mess is fine with me , again as long as you dont impose it on me , we are good. That said I go to church each week with the kids , it works for me but as I said that does not mean I think you have to go to a Church or a Temple or anything else . I look at it this way an hour at church on Sunday is a lot less painful then a Jet game,,,,,just sayin

13. jetophile

Hitchens could be a majorly smug drunken butthole, Dawkins minus the drunk part same, Bill Nye can be a cunt, Penn Jilette rubs me raw at times, Neil deGrasse Tyson can be a bit of a bully, Michael Shermer (bless that fukker), Brian Cox is very interesting, C- at times, but A+ cumulatively on this group. Watching Deepak Chopra eating his own chit is very amusing. Highly recommend. What a hack.

#53 jetophile, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure none of these people ever witnessed more than someone pushing flyers

Witnessing a super bowl victory, now THAT would be miraculous

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Wow Jetophile. You are knowledgable. My belief? Stuff like you mention created the current form of religions. Tons of tales and stories and man made idiotic stuff. And as a result I firmly believe in one thing. Religion is for idiots :)

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

That's funny right there!

17. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

actually, i wasn't born at all, i was squeezed out of a bar rag

18. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

oh cmon FJF, a crippling guilt complex and a pair of sore knees from kneeling and apologizing for stuff you had nothing to do with thousands of years ago (if it even happened) isn't attractive to you?
    submit, obey, do not question.
    i'll pass on that action too good sir!

FJF likes this.
  19. jetophile

^Hahahaha. W.C. Fields. Good one, don't ask me how I know that. I'm a font of weird facts (previous post).

TommyJ likes this.
  20. jetophile