Are the Vikings really that stupid?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JoeWillie130, Feb 21, 2006.

1. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I thought all the Daunte Culppeper trade rumors were just the media making stuff up but now it appears they may actually trade hm. They have been in talks with the Dolphins and they have been shopping him to the Ravens also. I never thought Daunte was on the level of Manning or Brady but to give up on him after one season like that is just dumb.

2. NYJetFan37

NYJetFan37 New Member

He's demanding a new contract after having his worst season on top of completely screwing up his knee....

Not to mention many think he's completely overrated

So I wouldnt' call the Vikings dumb

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Stupid? They'd be stupid to keep the most overrated player in the game coming of major injury. If they could get a 1st rd pick for Daunte they'd be doing cartwheels in Minnesota, I just wonder if anyone is dumb enough to give that up. I hope beyond hope Miami gives up a 1 to get him.

4. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

u really think he is the most overrated player in the game?

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Absolutely. All stats, never shows up in big spots. Wanted Moss gone then we saw what he was doing w/o him. He'll put up great #s but never gets the job done in big games. I HOPE he ends up in Miami.

6. IneedJesus

IneedJesus New Member

I live in MN and trust me any team in the league could get him for a low price, especially if Cullpepper keeps asking for a new contract.

It has been reported that the Vikes were just asking a second round pick for him.

A second round pick for a franchise qb!?!? This is also coming from a team that traded away the most expslosive reciever in the game for a backup linebacker and a seven pick which they used to pick a terrible reciever.

If the Fins pull the trigger I will give them props it would be a great trade for them.

7. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

So i take it the Vikes are looking to draft a QB then also, cause Brad Johnson cant play forever. Who are they eyeing in the draft?

8. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have always said Daunte is over rated and has hands worth a garunteed fumble a game. Everyone call me crazy. I gave most credit to Moss and his ability to make up for an discripensies (sp?) a Pep pass may have. I then said i would reserve my final Judgement for after this year w/o Moss. I think it's clear now.

9. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Imagine if Culpepper continues to fail without Moss. The highly tauted QB class will have had 1 decent starter after the Tim Couch/Akili Smith/Cade McNown debacle.

I think maybe the Vikings know something we don't about Culpepper's health because it is difficult to find a decent QB in this league and they are a team that are on the verge of competing for a SuperBowl it seems.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Culpepper isn't really that good at reading coverages either. If you watch the Vikings you will see most of his passes are to the outside or just thrown up, never across the middle. That's why Brad Johnson had so much success because teams had to adjust to a quarterback that can actually dissect a zone.

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Culpepper's running ability might be shot. The guy can't move until September. He won't be ready for opening day most likely. He might be shot.

12. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I think shooting him would be slightly harsh.