Are Jets fans good fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hoobash, Oct 1, 2014.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Jets fans are the best.
    Sanchez fans are nuts.

2. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Can't agree more.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

All hail the bigcockblocker! While the entire football watching world requires at least 4 years to evaluate a new GM and his drafting ability, BCB can do it in only 1.25 years.

abyzmul likes this.
  4. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I agree, yet its hard for anyone to accept this except for a Jet fan. In fact, I think some of the recent anger, complaining, whining, etc, is due at least a little to the reality that EVERYTHING bounced their way TWICE in four years, while we are waiting 45 years just to get back there once.

#84 Endlessly Counting, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  5. no psls

no psls Banned

Well stated . We also lost a lot of old time fans with this PSL business . Most of the new fans are young and stupid , with no allegiance to the team . they are mostly twelve-pack fans . I've been going to games since Shea and the difference now is very noticeable .

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bigcockblocker doesn't need to see games, and likely doesn't pay attention to football, he relies on his powerful persona and superior argumentative skills to decide what things are important.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think overall we have a good fanbase. The frustrations are understandable as we've been a mostly downtrodden franchise. The fans just want a consistent winner and when it isn't there right away they let you know it. I do think patience is needed in our current situation. But when you're told to be patient for so long yet you see little results it does get old.

Big Blocker likes this.
  8. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

While Jets fans are among the most passionate, on the whole, I don't think we're considered to be up there with the most knowledgeable. Maybe its because a greater number of our fan base is less edumacated in general and even less so about football in particular. I really don't know. Giants and Packers fans always game me the impression of being more football savvy and having a better all around understanding of the game.

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

And none of that affects the play on the field. It's 11 men playing 11 men. I just don't pay attention and or put as much value into that stuff as other people do. I know noise can definitely help but at the end of the day the players have to play the game. I understand your point though. I'm not trying to say the Jets fan base is perfect.

I think in the end the fans don't have as much impact on a game as people think they do. Geno isnt playing bad cause he's getting booed. He's playing bad cause he's playing bad.

10. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

That's funny most Giants fans I know can only name Cruz and Eli

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Lets just say I would not bring my son to the game even with all our Jets gear

The fan experience to me is borderline scary / embarrassing

I have seen too many Drunk, fat, middle aged men and women cursing drinking and starting trouble- no thanks

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Preach!!!

kevmvp likes this.
  13. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I pay them to give a fuck and entertaine me! I'll keep paying if they keep entertaining, I'm a sucker for tragically repetitive and disappointing films.

14. N0samples

N0samples Guest

Wilkerson gives a quote that suggest fans shouldn't boo because it has a detrimental effect on the team and how do you guys reply?

I paid blablabla for these seats I'll boo all i want *continues crying*

So essentially, complaining is more important than helping out the team.

That sums up the worst among us.

15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I'd say the Jets fans are borderline. Not great but not bad. A good thing is when we have success we appreciate It. But when the team suffers a few losses the world is coming to an end. Just coming from the NW I can say that Seahawks fans are much more admirable fans. Even when they were getting their asses kicked in the 80 ' s they filled the Kingdome. But I believe their are few good fan bases in American sports, Green Bay Packers, St. Louis Cardinals, Portland Timbers, Boston Red Sox, Kansas Jayhawks, Toronto Maple Leafs, Auburn ..... the rest are ehhhh..

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Loyal but impatient

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Booing affects a team, the groans in the stadium affect a team. these players are human.

fans don't have a tremendous impact but if they can impact a play, make it hard to hear for an opponent it is an advantage.

Geno isn't playing poorly b/c he was booed last week but it sure doesn't help.

I am not saying to accept losing, we all want to win but when a bad play happens in the 1st qtr there's no need to boo. if this keeps up and you want to boo when the team is out of the race go ahead. did the GB fans boo down 21-3?

18. Gunther

Gunther Member

New York media creates an atmosphere of Rome. Either it's winning or constant discussions about who's head should be on the chopping block. The media wants a mindless sports audience who are not intelligent enough to look for answers beyond what they see with their own two eyes. It keeps the billionaires out of the spotlight, and puts the blame totally on the lowest people in positions of power. (The coaches and players).

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Of course Smith Fans hate real Jet Fans, because real Jet Fans have turned on their hero. As they should be by now.

The sides are clearly drawn.

TNJet likes this.
  20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I said SO FAR he has been mediocre, douche. What is wrong with my post?

You suck at this.