Are Jets fans good fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hoobash, Oct 1, 2014.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you were saying the fans boo b/c of what they feel about a player, those fans are not qualified. I am not either but I know more than 99% of the fans sitting in that stadium.

Jax/Mia have terrible stadium crowds, Miami has a good fanbase though just not at games.

the difference btw NYG '07/'11 and NYJ '09/'10 was incredibly small. they got some breaks we didn't or we may have 2 SBs and they may have 2 title game losses. we aren't talking about some dominant dynasty.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

In my opinion the worst type of fan you can be is one that accepts losing and mediocrity. If a franchise has a boat load of fans that don't give a rats ass if the team blows what motivation does that give ownership to do better? They're still going to enjoy packed stadiums and wallets regardless of the product on the field.

Fans need to demand a winner if that's what they want IMO.

Big Blocker likes this.
  3. nyjunc

the worst organizations are the ones who listen to the nitwit fans. those are the ones that are usually losing every year.

Gunther likes this.
  4. nyjunc

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Just goes to show, fanbases mostly show up when the team does. There are exceptions, but the Jets and the Pats aren't them.

6. nyjunc

their crowd on average is better than ours.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Occupy Metlife : )

nyjunc likes this.
  8. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

We're fucking terrible fans. Literally the worst unless we're always winning.

9. Dierking

I'd defer to your expertise as far as the crowd goes as the Meadowlands and Foxborough are two rings of hell I wouldn't go to if you paid me. I will say their fanbase is laden with fairweather fans. Which really makes sense given the success.

10. nyjunc

every fanbase has fairweather fans but I was in Foxboro pre dynasty back in 2000 and the place was still full. the fans weren't paying attention to the game as we were blowing them out but they were there.

my problem w/ our fans is they have to be told when to get loud whereas in most stadiums fans know when their D is on the field they should be loud. the home opener from 2009 should be the average crowd at Jet games.

11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

There are lots of ways to define "good fans". One of the ways I would define good fans is - fans who are a tangible factor in helping the team win like the 12th man in Seattle. By that definition, I would say there is no fucking way we are good fans.

Jet fans are overwhelmingly negative and it's like even when things are good we are just waiting for that bubble to burst. And when things are bad we make them worse by booing, cheering for our starting QB to get hurt, etc. The Jets have about the worst homefield "advantage" in the entire NFL.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This ! ! ! To infinity and beyond !

13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Difference between 2 SB rings and 2 AFC Title Game losses is huge.

Saying you know more then 99% of the fans in that stadium is a little ridiculous. Yes they are very vocal and can be ridiculous at times but they still give a damn about whats happening on the field.

14. nyjunc

a play or 2 in each game changes things, the giants got breaks we did not. those teams were very similar.

half the stadium is drunk and more concerned w/ going to the bathroom then getting on another beer line.

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Very similar except for the end results which makes all the difference.

16. nyjunc

Regardless of that, it doesn't have anything to do w/ our fanbase. Giant fans and Jet fans are similar, neither affect a game often.

our fans stink, we have had good moments such as the NE '09 game but we can't do it consistently. the fans arrive late, leave early, and need the team to have a big play to make any noise.

abyzmul likes this.
  17. Dierking

I remember reading polls or stories or something to the affect that Jets fans are amongst the most affluent and best educated in the league. Just throwing that out there.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did the authors of those yarns bother visiting any football forums?

Most affluent is obvious, every one of us owns a yacht and has a condo in Tahiti.

But most educated?

19. Dierking

That's what I recall. I have no link to establish it, so don't ask. But it wouldn't surprise me, the average idiot in the tri state area probably has more likelihood of going to college than in most other regions of the country.