Are Black QBs discriminated against in the NFL?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ColoradoContrails, Nov 20, 2017.

?

Are Black QBs discriminated against in the NFL?

1. Yes.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. No.

33 vote(s)
    82.5%
  3. Maybe.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I am not talking about rate. I am talking about raw numbers when I say blacks commit more than half the violent crime (raw numbers). The reason the 6x doesn't matter is because I'm saying being a violent criminal is the main factor in someone being shot by cops - regardless of the color of your skin.

Whitey.

2. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

alex smith got hurt and kaep played well enough in his absence that they rode with the hot hand

thats not comparable to the tyrod situation

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The rate is what matters though. LOL @ raw numbers. You are trying to paint a false narrative, plain and simple. I already broke it down mathematically, the numbers are disproportionate. That's all I'm saying. Of course the population numbers and percentages matter.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What false narrative am I trying to paint?

The raw violent crime numbers are important if you follow along. You clearly don't understand what I'm saying.

You seem to think cops should interact differently with people based on their skin color. As if they should not fire their weapon at a violent criminal acting violently because 6:1. I think you're a racist.

#104 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I broke down the math, the numbers are disproportionate even factoring in that violent crime stat. If you have something to counter my math and argument, then present it because all you've done so far is deny it, repeat your premise then accuse me of not understanding. I understand your argument, but it's incredibly shortsighted and simplistic and ignores the percentages.

I never said anybody should be treated differently over their skin color. The fact is they are, however, and the stats show this based on the 6:1 population difference.

#105 Sam Hammer, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Some statistics from the Washington Post. I believe these are 2015 stats:

74% of all fatal police shootings, the individuals had already fired shots, brandished a gun or attacked a person with a weapon or their bare hands, according to an analysis of actions immediately preceding the shootings, which draws on reports from law enforcement agencies and local media coverage. These 595 cases include fatal shootings that followed a wide range of violent crimes, including shootouts, stabbings, hostage situations, carjackings and assaults.

Another 16% of the shootings came after incidents that did not involve firearms or active attacks but featured other potentially dangerous threats. These shootings were most commonly of individuals who brandished knives and refused to drop them.

That's 90% of fatal police shootings being caused by the violent actions of the person being shot.

Tell me why the police shooting these violent criminals should give flying fuck what color they are? You seem to think the cops should look at these violent people committing acts of violence or threatening acts of violence and try to fire there weapons at a 6:1 ratio. Is that really what you think?

c'mon guy. stop focusing on that 6:1 and fucking think.

#106 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I am curious why you say cutting the black deaths in half to even out with the violent crime rate is being generous when coming up with your figures?

Not saying who is right or wrong here but it just seems you decided on that figure indiscriminately. Unless you are trying to say there is reason to believe only 50% of shooting deaths involve violent criminals.

8. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Since most of you may not be well-versed in politics, let me tell you who this clown Carron Philips is.

He's a black supremacist apologist and defender of anti-Semitic, anti-Asian, anti-white black bigots. He and his fellow social justice warrior clowns have taken over the sports department at the once-venerable NY Daily News. We used to get Dick Young and Bill Madden, now we get guys trying to tell us that Geno Smith is a Black Peyton Manning and that Jemele Hill can prove Donald Trump is a white supremacist.

Oh yeah, blacks are less racist than Whites, Jews, and Asians....Al Sharpton isn't a racist.....and we need to focus not on the 93% or 6,5000 blacks killed by other blacks each year but on the 0.01% or 0-10 blacks killed under questionable circumstances by cops.

Black Power !!!! :)

#108 JetsKickAss, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    mrodriguez4096 likes this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about black QBs in the NFL?

I make a motion this thread be closed please.

Freddy Mondo, TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao "black supremacist", now I've heard everything ... just like white supremacists causing violence such as shooting up schools with kids and churches w/ the innocent, I am sure "black supremacists" do the same thing :rolleyes:

Just call him someone who discriminates.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

oh lmao @ Al Sharpton ... that puts a stamp on everything

12. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I think where the disconnect here is that you are saying the shootings are based on race and he is saying they based on what the person getting shot was doing. Participating in violent crimes would seem to be the biggest reason why people are being shot if those numbers are accurate. What isn't debatable is that violent crime is also associated with lower economic class and that the rate of black people being poor is higher than white people being poor. Here is my rough math (rounded):

US Population: 313,900,000
    White People: 198,000,000
    Black People: 41,000,000
    White People In Poverty (9%): 17,800,000
    Black People In Poverty (22%): 9,100,000
    Ratio of White to Black People In Poverty: 1.95:1

Roughly 2 times more white people are killed than black people so the numbers seem to back up that logic. But I'm certain you are going to point to the fact that there are "6 times" as many white people and only two times more are killed by cops. You can disagree with the basis of his logic, but don't be disingenuous in that the math doesn't make sense.

Source:

https://www.kff.org/other/state-ind...0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You are correct that discrimination is present in every day life and in sports. For example believe it or not many athletes who are white are overlooked because they are perceived to be to slow or non athletic. Examples are Larry Bird and Wes Welker.

But in the case of Taylor I think he suffers from what even many white QBs have suffered from. A QB that can run can very well is actually cursed by this skill. Unless a receiver is obviously open, they tend to high tail instead. In High School and College you can get away with this because the difference in speed between this type of QB and the defender is great. However in the NFL level where this speed difference is less and the hits are greater, this skillset all of a sudden is not so great. In todays pass happy league a QB must be able to execute throws and stand in the pocket. Why is the pocket so important, because from the center of the field you can throw to all sides. When a QB rolls out to a side, this shrinks the field the defense has to cover. Sometimes being slow a foot can lead a QB to concentrate more on their throws and hanging in the pocket.

For example it took Steve Young of the 49ers a while to learn that he couldn't run for the rest of his life in the NFL. Warren Moon who is in the hall of fame was a pocket passer. QBs like Vick, Tebow, and RG3 might start out great running the ball. But defenses eventually figure out how to defend them. In todays game you have to be able to throw from the pocket and this is where Taylor sucks. What makes it worst is cold windy conditions in Buffalo where Taylor's useful throwing range is so small that defenses can feast on him at the end of the year.