Are Black QBs discriminated against in the NFL?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ColoradoContrails, Nov 20, 2017.

?

Are Black QBs discriminated against in the NFL?

1. Yes.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. No.

33 vote(s)
    82.5%
  3. Maybe.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Of course it is class not race. But the powers that be need to keep the poor pitted against each other because they could be a problem if they united.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Please see my first post on this subject. It directly addresses the 2x more stat.

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Blacks only represent 12.6% of the population while whites are 72.4%. That's almost SIX times as many people. If it were truly equal, you should have 6x more white people getting shot, not 2x. Even if you factor in the violent crimes stat (which doesn't offer any correlation to the innocent people getting shot), it's still disproportionate. And again the reason why blacks commit 2x more violent crimes is because such a larger percentage of them are poor compared to whites. White people do more white collar crime.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Blacks commit more than half the violent crime. People who commit violent crime often have violent interactions with the police and get shot.

We can file this under play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

#84 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  5. Sam Hammer

But the numbers are still very disproportionate as I clearly just demonstrated even factoring that in and again it doesn't explain why so many of the people are innocent and unarmed.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The numbers are not disproportionate when you look at violent crime rate. Cops kill 2x as many whites, and blacks commit more than half the violent crime.

There are very few innocent people being killed by police That's a false black lies matter narrative. Being unarmed doesn't mean shit.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  7. Sam Hammer

It doesn't matter. You keep ignoring that there are 6 times as many whites as blacks in this country, so the numbers are STILL disproportionate. I get that you're sticking up for whitey, but come on bro. The stats are what they are. You are following a false blue lives matter narrative.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

wtf does violent crime have to do with death by the police? you are putting apples next to oranges,

are the deaths the police cause included in the violent crime numbers? if not then why are they relevant to one another

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You are not listening to what I'm saying. At all.

BTW, "sticking up for whitey" ... nice racist comment there. Racist.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

People who commit violent crime often have violent interactions with police. Violent interactions with police often end up in people getting shot.

Pretty simple.

11. BrowningNagle

pretty simple if you want to live your life simple minded I guess

Sam Hammer likes this.
  12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I understand you have nothing to dispute the point.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

According to our liberal geniuses on here being a violent criminal doesn't correlate to having violent interactions with police. Amazing.

I wish I wasn't such a simple minded protector of whitey.
    [​IMG]

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I'm not going to say much on this subject since it never seems to go anywhere but since around the beginning of 2015 1502 people of all races were shot and killed by police. Of those 1502 people approximately 93.4% were armed at the time.

Of course this is not always an excuse for them being shot and killed, but it is something to consider.

15. BrowningNagle

Dude- its simple minded. Idk what to tell you.

Without bothering to understand why these things happened or who was even involved you are pointing to irrelevant statistics about other people to make your point. something you described as "very simple" yourself

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Addition is very simple. Am I simple minded because I understand how to add?

pfffft

Sometimes things are simple. Violent criminals are more likely to be shot by police than the rest of the population, regardless of their skin color.

17. BrowningNagle

things are not really ever simple. especially things like race relations and police shootings. Those are never simple. Unless of course you want to take a simple minded viewpoint. Which it appears you do

let me expand on that. Its fine if you want to be simple minded about complex things. Have it at. but it is simple minded

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's not about race unless you're a simple minded person that needs to make everything about race.

19. BrowningNagle

an 'about face'! very impressive

20. Sam Hammer

LOL I was joking, I'm actually white. But it was kind of funny how you completely ignored the 6x population difference, only to keep parroting your 2x crime rate as if it matters or as if those same people shot by cops have all committed violent crimes. That's not always the case.

Basic math shows that the rate is STILL disproportionate, even if you cut the black deaths in half to even out with the violent crime rate (which is being extremely generous). If you do that, you have 4x as many white people being shot when it should be closer to 6x. You understand this right?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but your math might be off here. You are correlating 2x white people shot with 2x crime rate and thinking it evens out, but you have to look at it per capita.

#100 Sam Hammer, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017