Are Black QBs discriminated against in the NFL?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ColoradoContrails, Nov 20, 2017.

?

Are Black QBs discriminated against in the NFL?

1. Yes.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. No.

33 vote(s)
    82.5%
  3. Maybe.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Peterman is black.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I know.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, when a player is All Pro caliber, it doesn't seem to matter, but when we're talking about the middle of the road, or even slightly better, players, maybe it does. One thing that's been proven over the years is that racism can be very subtle, subconscious even. Again, I'm not saying the Taylor decision was racially driven, but I think the NFL needs to take a hard look at itself.

As an aside, are there any black sports franchise owners?

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think the real question is why does the NFL discriminate against Asians?

FJF likes this.
  5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

grkmanga31 likes this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Asians are black too. Just in case you forgot.

P.S. I think the Chargers are a discriminatory franchise - so discriminatory.

They signed this KOREAN kicker, only to kick him out of the team 4 games into the season. Holy. Talk about racism, buddy.

[But don't tell the racism police that he sucked so hard and single-handedly lost a handful of games all by himself.]

grkmanga31 likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I know that not everything is racism related, but I also know that a lot that is racism related, gets swept under the carpet or passed off as something else. There is still a TON of racism in our society. There is such a thing as white privilege.

As far as Hundley goes, he made some mistakes, and isn't ideal, but GB's OL sucks. I don't know anything about Callahan except that he played at a small college in probably Div. 3, if not NAIA, and that he has less experience and probably isn't as mobile as Hundley. You're probably right that some of it is just frustration with Rodgers being out, but other black players have experienced racism in GB, so it's not out of the question.

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Michael Jordan and Derek Jeter (is at least a part owner, if not THE owner of the Marlins or Devil Rays. I forget which one.). There may be others.

9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

That's your belief - I don't share it, but everyone has their own story, their own experiences, and their own beliefs.

Green bay fans just want Rodgers back, Hundley unfortunately just doesn't look great. Every deficiency the Packers do have is masked by Rodgers which is a testament to how good he is.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

hooray 1 owner lmao in a different sport! but seriously ...

Derek Jeter, I also believe is now an owner for Marlins but there's only 1 minority NFL owner. Eventually, if the NFL survives in 10 to 20 years, I think you will start seeing more minority owners in the league.

11. ColoradoContrails

Well maybe I should've asked: "Are there any black MAJORITY owners in sports?"

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Your play decides your leash. In every sport. It’s not a race tho g it’s a talent thing. I can’t see how racism is going to be a huge issue in a sport that is predominantly black.
    And Michael Jordan owns the hornets

#32 FJF, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  13. NCJetsfan

That's fine. No one said that we had to agree. Yes, everyone has their own experiences, beliefs, etc., but I think a lot of people are also in denial or don't really want to know because they like things the way they are, and if they are open to thinking that things might be different than they perceive, that they might have to change and our culture will have to change.

14. NCJetsfan

I think Michael Jordan is the SOLE owner of the Charlotte Hornets. At one time Robert L. Johnson was the majority owner, and Nelly was a minority owner (no pun intended), but am not sure if they still own part of the team.

15. FJF

Jeters half minority and a part owner. So that equals like 1/4 of a minority owner. I think, fractions always killed me.

16. FJF

Double post

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Don't see any Asian QB's out there sucking now do we?

18. ColoradoContrails

Good to know. I don't know if that alters the landscape though.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I wonder if the "race card" has a real negative effect on victims of actual racism? As in, the boy who cried wolf?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Yeah of course.

Of 2000+ billionaries, there are only about 10 or so blacks, out of which, only 3 are based in US. One happens to be Michael Jordan. The other is Oprah Winfrey. The last, I don't even give it a fuck.

So are you saying these lucrative pro teams should just GIVE their team to the black people?

I was told, these pro franchises are mighty expensive. As in a few billion dollars expensive.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2017/03/20/the-black-billionaires-2017/#9a61d8f4d6d2