Applaud our GM for an incredible base to build on!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Apr 29, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

cant rule out a trade-down either to grab some picks back.

but why trade out of the 32nd pick :D

LF911SC likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the o-line class is deep as well. should be about 4 maybe even 5 first round OTs next year in the draft. If you don't pick top 10 the chances of landing an edge rusher are slim. Maybe the cowboys let Demarcus lawerence walk next off season and we can throw money at him

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Haha, would that be amazing. In all seriousness, maybe it's the 8 straight years of 1st round picks on D that have led to 0 playoff appearances that make me wish we use some on O for a change. This year is a start.

4. 101GangGreen101

Depends, do you need an interior pass-rusher or EDGE rusher? Clemson alone has like 3 or 4 prospects that could come out. You should be able to get either an EDGE rusher or LT with those picks in the first.

Both O-line and EDGE are deep. However, EDGE is very talented.

5. 101GangGreen101

Now that they have Darnold, they have to build around him

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Depending on where we pick, I'd seriously consider trading down to acquire more draft capital to fill these needs.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we need an edge rusher. we need our von miller type of player.

Funny enough though sometimes it's the scheme and the secondary helps alot as far as a pass rush, more time of the WRs can't get open. The giants had less sacks then us (28 to 27) but had JPP and vernon as well as harrison eating up blocks in the middle for them and the LBers

I think even without a true edge rusher, we can generate sacks and pressure. We did a good job getting pressure, we just always seemed a half step late for the sack.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it wasnt either ones first season where they felt tons of pressure. kenny o surely ended up shell shocked, sancho did as well. he ran into a guys ass out of fear. he used to just straight fall down in the pocket when pressure came.

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Jumping the gun, but I'm anxious to see what Macc does with another $90-100M+ of cap space next offseason :D .

10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Kenny was sacked something like 60 times as a rookie. Didn't effect him, in no way was he shell shocked. After that he never was abused and effected by hits, Ken O was tough.

Some people point to the Ravens game in Sanchez's 3rd or so year as an excuse for the start of his decline. No QB should even attempt to make the excuse that a single game ruined his career.

Point really is, with anyone, how does anyone know if a QB is failing because he's afraid or if he just isn't good enough?

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Too funny ..Sam has Jets hat and Brown tie!

The stuff of memories and hopefully Jet History

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Who said anything about the playoffs. Enough with god damm draft and where we pick. I am expecting the jets to be a playoff team in 2019 and I am hoping for progress in the win department from last year. 7 or 8 wins is reasonable to me. Our defense is so much better on paper and I expect us to be a top 10 dee. Offense is lacking in talent but Bates is gonna be a great decision for Bowles and with all the depth that we added specials will be better. We might have a punt returner on this team if you can believe that. We are not there yet but this years team as of today is so much better then the team that ended the season

13. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Only DE I would consider at this point would be Bosa, otherwise I would really want to go OT with our first pick, should be 3-4 good ones that are likely better then this years early rounders but time will tell. If we pick some run stuffing defensive tackle "That fell to us" I will be distraught

14. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I'm happy for you that you think everything is so rosy. Perhaps you hadn't watched the team the last two seasons? Enjoy and be proud of the Jets going 5-11 yet another season.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah it was like 62 in his second year, he also got sacked 50 times two other times. we can differ but he ended up as a shell shocked qb.

if you have been here you know i am the last guy to make excuses for sancho, i absolutely hated that guy as our qb, but he did end up scared in the pocket, that hit by ngata was a small part of it but the bigger thing was him just getting hit alot.

LF911SC likes this.
  16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Mac has to start hitting in the mid to late rounds. You can't build a team on 1st round picks and FAs alone.