Applaud our GM for an incredible base to build on!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Most "experts" I listen to love the Shepherd and Nickerson picks for us and have good things to say about the potential of Herndon in a Bates offense. Shepherd was the early star of the senior bowl practices before his injury according to the guys from Locked on draft. He apparently was beating Will Hernandez in one on ones and was the only guy doing so. sure its a big projection to jump from D2 to the pros, but there is talent there if we can mold his physical skills.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Love fans logic. They want players to be brought in through FA then want to complain that they had to be paid to come here. No kidding, otherwise TJ would have taken the money from the next team that would have offered him the same.

You're really complaining that a rookie didn't make the pro bowl? Actually, you're using pro bowls to rate a draft pick? A popularity vote proves what exactly, that people know a team and its players names? And the one that does make the pro bowl you disparage that too. Please stop calling a player who has the kind of injuries Smith has had a bust. It insinuates that the pick was a problem when it's just dumb luck. Sure we lost a pick but it's football, happens.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. LF911SC

How many?

People automatically point to Carr. How exactly does anyone know though? Can anyone say, 100% sure, that If Carr wasn't sacked as often as he was early in his career he would have been a FQB? Vick had more sacks, Ken O'Brien had tons of sacks and they survived. Same with others. So who are those young QBs where we know for sure their careers sucked due to poor OL play? It's one of those statements we all cite but no one really knows.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Myles jack as a top 5-10 pick before the injury, that's the only reason he fell to the 2nd round. he also has in 2 years less of every important stat then lee had in 2017 alone.

Deion Jones was graded as a 2nd to 3rd round pick and although similar, lee's numbers are a little better.

Look at all the 1st round picks that went after lee that year, and tell me lee isn't the best of the bunch

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

NO thanks. No more tank. I wanna see major improvement in this team with all the free agents we signed and this draft. Besides, we have the most money for free agency next year (100m). I want this team to go 8-8.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

6-10 will get more in a trade down than 8-8 and we all know how Macc luvs to trade down. Either record doesn't make the playoffs anyway. Hell, the Jets didn't tank for 5-11. If they were trying, they would have gone 3-13. Those two wins against KC and the Jags ended up costing us 3 2nd rd dp's. Hardly worth it..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

yep

This team is no way complete..Plus going 8-8 is delusional. Baring some miracle where either Teddy or McCown is playing way over their head and EVERY defensive player from the draft and FA being complete phenoms this is still a rebuilding team. Yes the backfield is decent and we have a hefty corp of receivers and now some TE but I still see this year as a big experiment for Bates system..The CS is terrible and the HC cant game manage or figure out how to use players on defense correctly (eg L Williams) ..what difference will this year make?

To me this year is all about saying bye bye to Bowles/Kacy and installing an Offensive genius for Sam

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I heard the Giants GM Gettleman on NFL radio frothing at the mouth for how great their Hernandez pick was..

So our guy already owns him ahaha..well bring on the Ny v NY preseason game!

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets won 10 games in 2015 with a team chock full of overrated cast offs and a career backup at QB. It's kind of dumb to say 8-8 is unattainable with this current team.

Harpua, FJF and stinkyB like this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Schedule doesn't look favorable right now to win 8 games.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Schedules that look easy are never as easy and schedules that look hard are rarely as hard. Injuries level the playing field every year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

Which is why I said right now. But that's why they play the games. :)

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

none of those guys were big time pass rushers. he drafted them in round 3, round 3 and round 5. and most importantly NONE OF THEM ARE ANY GOOD at rushing the passer.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ken obrien is one of them. mark sanchez probably became another. these guys get shell shocked and scared of contact when they get beat on.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, YOUR plan is sound. The problem is that we don't know if that's Macc's plan. And based upon his track record he has a proven bias towards "D", and someone here said he's actually stated that he believes he can get OL in the later (4-7) rounds and "coach them up".

I just don't have the faith you do in Macc. I give him credit for some good moves, especially trading up to #3 this year, but most of his packs have been meh. Have some of them become starters? Sure, but on this team that's a low bar. A really good GM would be getting 2-3 very good starters most drafts. Look at N.E. - they started out at the bottom the first round, and drafted at the bottom of subsequent rounds, and yet their draft was rated A+. Even with Darnold, ours was rated B+. We need to do better.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  16. LF911SC

Ken wasn't shell,shocked. He went on and played well after his first season where he piled up sack numbers, that not true. Sanchez had a game or two wher he got hit, there's no excuse for Sanchez. He sucked because he was a shitty QB

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't completely trust Mac yet either, but it just feels pretty obvious in terms of what the Jets need should Darnold show signs of being a franchise QB.

Then again, obvious isn't always obvious if you catch my drift.

18. CotcheryFan

I hope that Macc targets OL and edge rusher next offseason. Hopefully a mid 20's FA edge and a first round LT.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

the edge class is very deep next year, so it would be the perfect time to get the last piece to the defensive puzzle. Then the Jets can continue to build o-line, address some more impact players on the offensive side of the ball.

I expect them to spend a first rounder on a pass-rusher next season.

20. CotcheryFan

I'd be ok with that. With no 2nd round pick, maybe go for a top flight mid 20's OL or two in FA. Supposed to be a few 2nd and 3rd round centers too.