Anyone Wants To Wake Up Our GM?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Mar 13, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Get the cupcake batter ready...

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Mac is an idiot. 100% incompetent idiot. Even worse than Bowles. I am done with this guy. He should be ashamed of himself.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I had defended Mac since his hiring and through some of his more questionable decisions. No more. Needs to be fired right now. Our starting QBs over his four years: Fitzpatrick, Fitzpatrick, McCown, McCown. Unacceptable.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Look I like Mcown as a player and a person but I honestly don't care about that right now...

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Like I've been beating this drum for 12 months now...welcome to reality

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  6. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

I promise this isn't to start an argument, just checking in. Sorry you guys missed on Cousins. I would have enjoyed watching him 2x each yr even if it happened to be at our disadvantage

Just a Bills perspective- 12 was just the 1st step.
    The gm made an off the cuff comment after they made last year's trade w the Chiefs for ammo to move up. Ever since, it's been non stop trade up talk.
    When Gettleman got the NYG job, it appeared the pieces were falling into place as McBeane both worked under him in CAR. Just dot connecting stuff. At the start of last year there were a few reports the Bills LOVED Darnold and the day dreaming started. It was assumed he was the target until Erik Galko reported he was certain Rosen was 'The Apple of their eye'.
    Fast forward to Friday and there were still rumors and ramblings BUT, landing the 1st pick in the 3rd for Taylor BEFORE having to pay his 6mill bonus started people thinking it was extra ammo but it was assumed that this yrs 2 1st and next yrs 1st+ might be too steep.
    The talk turned to a Philly style jump. 21 to say 2 is HUGE. Apparently the Bengals owed the Bills a favor (after the WC set up, you'd think it was the other way around) as they decided to take a very talented player, but WWAAYY over paid, WWAAYY too oft injured, and at this point a backup off our hands and let the Bills move up to 12.
    Now, everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop as the FO seems to be on a mission. They seem to have a guy they love and are prepared to go get him. Thanks to the Bengals and Browns they might even get to still have a semblance of a normal draft. Even the folks who were anti trade up got on board when they realized their too many holes to fill argument was a moot point with 100 mill projected to spend next off season. You can fill holes w that $$, but generally you can't buy a franchise qb.
    Maybe they won't hit and dude will bust- but they'e never tried. If it was just the fans on board it wldnt matter bc it' just the fans... but it' the worst kept secret around here the GM is on board too.
    I promise, 12 isn't the target/destination... simply a stepping stone. Should you guys go teddy and Josh, maybe 2 isn't the target anymore but I'd be shocked if you guys really went that route rather than a rookie.
    Has there been a consensious guy you guys hear the jets prefer? Only thing I read was Mayfield. He's the one guy the Bills haven' been linked to so maybe that'd work out?(smokescreen?? Lol)
    I think it'd be fun if the 2 div rivals both got rookies to battle for yrs.
    Here's to hoping it' better than EJ vs Geno haha.
    Thanks guys, and good luck!!

#146 Billsfan1212, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    BomberJet, Attackett and Mogriffjr like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Towel ..are you ready to throw it in with this team ????after the Draft and no blue chip QB taken I may take a break here

boozer32 likes this.
  8. Brook!

Dear Billsfan

Either change your avatar or find yourself another Jet board to mock. You have 24 hours. Your time starts now.

dogg, Ozymandias and Walt White like this.
  9. Billsfan1212

Thats REALLY what you took away from that?
    At the VERY least I figured people wld read the 1st sentence before they stopped...

Because it's the off season, and I wasn' looking for a fight I decided to oblige your request in order to have a decent discussion incase anyone was as sensitive to it as you. You are welcome... but come Sept it' going back!!!;)

BomberJet and joe like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Your timing could have been better BF.. Cya down the road a bit ok? Maybe after the draft??

11. Brook!

I didn't read your post. If I did, I believe I would agree with a lot of your points. Your posts aren't the problem here. I know your posts. Your avatar is the problem. Have some respect to us Jets fans if you want to discuss football with us.

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Wow, really?

joe likes this.
  13. Billsfan1212

Just bc you asked in a cool terrorist John McClain style I took care of ya!

joe likes this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

piss off

15. Billsfan1212

I'll back off, no worries. As I said I know you guys are hyped about a qb - and maybe it becomes a race (or bidding war - rightly or wrongly) so I figured I'd drop in update how things seem to be shaking out on the other side of the state incase anyone was intrested

#155 Billsfan1212, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  16. Brook!

Hey GD. Yep. Really. This isn't ESPN. This is Jets forum. If you are here to discuss football then you should refrain using an avatar that insults Jets and Jet fans.

Hey. Thanks for changing your avatar. I thought you would give me more hard time. :) Appreciate it. Now, how do things look over in Buffalo? What are the rumors. Who does Bills like as they are getting ready to trade up.

17. Billsfan1212

Is that a new way to say hello?
    I can't wait to try that this Sunday at church!!!

18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny. This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. Poking fun at opposing fans is what makes football fun.

19. Billsfan1212

This regime is the opposite of Rex. Things leaked out like a sivv back then. Now they are like a steel trap. Last year Darnold was supposedly their love. A month ago it was reported Rosen, and much to my horror Albright said the Bills like Allen info was 'forced' upon him. Personally, I hope it' Sam or Josh and they can get to 2/3 sooner than later. It may cost more, but if you'e come this far -pay the price and don't take a chance something happens on draft night. Just don't do it halfway and settle. If they LOVE a guy I hope they take care of their business.
    Do u guys see the jets trying to get up a few spots? If the Bills offer the sun and the moon is it matched? Would the jets really go w teddy and Josh with Hack or petty? I' have guessed if they didn' land cousins they'd do anything to get their guy

Mogriffjr and Brook! like this.
  20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I think with today, the Jets are content to stay at 6 and let the chips fall where they may. The trouble going into the draft without a QB is it hamstrings you and makes you seem desperate TO trade up if you want, to grab the QB you want. I personally think that the Jets really do want Mayfield, but they didn't want to go into the season with the thought that they will sell the farm to get him. The Jets simply have too many holes to give up the draft capital to move up a few spots. Remember, McCown and Teddy are on one year deals, so there's no commitment to neither QB beyond this year. McCown is the insurance just in case there isn't a QB they want at 6. Teddy is here to compete and you hope at 25, he comes in and proves he can start. Best case scenario, he lights it up in camp and starts. If he does good and stays healthy, you can talk about a longer type contract with him. If he faulters, back to McCown. The wildcard is still Hackenberg as I feel Mac still has some sort of commitment to give him a chance here. If he shows more glimpses, he will get his chance IMO, because remember, there's no commitment past this year with either Teddy or McCown.

If the QB isn't sitting there at 6 that they like aka Mayfield, my guesses are Chubb, maybe an OL (Nelson) or a trade down.

FJF, Billsfan1212 and Cidusii like this.