Anyone Wants To Wake Up Our GM?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Mar 13, 2018.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The ONLY alert I've seen so far has Jets leaning toward Teddy to pair with McCown if they lose out on Cousins. Exciting stuff.. ; )

jetsclaps and playtowinthegame like this.
  2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

It feels like no presents under the tree. :(

lol

NYJetsO12, nicg4360 and JetLifeLo like this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Who's to say he hasn't called or hasn't been active?

The bottom line whether we as fans like it or not is the players do not see the gang green or it's FO or CS as a good destination for their career or their families.

A lot of guys wanted to keep Bowles and Mac for the sake of consistency, i understand that sentiment, but it's obvious that players don't view that decision as a plus.

Mac may still get Cousins and that will go along way in helping others decide if they want to join him, but I believe that contract will have to be like $35 million a year to make him want to come to the jets.

I'm not panicking at all about this FA playing out the way it is, it's called reality and some of us live in it.

Since1969 likes this.
  4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

wait so let me get this straight... we didn't want to pay ASJ the same amount that a TE that had half of ASJ's production (Burton)...

Mac not aware of the TE market?

we got to at least sign our own back I get not wanting to splurge in free agency... but we cant go in to next year WORSE than we were last year. that's not an option... that's just a way to get your ass fired. Cannot decline during a rebuild.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

What makes anyone think the current regime knows what its doing. 4th year with no viable QB.
    Most cap space yet no one.
    You watch the other teams jump us for QB.
    Only chance we have we these idiots is if someone drops to us.

6. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

agree, besides No presents.....someone left a large dump under the tree....:):confused:

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the first day of free agency is tomorrow

rinvesto likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you can't sign everyone. it's a fan pipe dream. we'll get some better players, improve, and draft well hopefully. rome wasn't built in a day

TonyFtLaud and NYJFOREVER like this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Yet another year, Jets have tons of cap space, but unfortunately NOBODY wants to play here, stay tuned when we overpay for some old vet. Go Jets

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

People got their panties in a bunch today. I'm glad we didn't give Kirk some nonsense like a fully guaranteed contract. Missing out on that is a blessing in disguise. Why are people expecting all the top FAs to come to the Jets? We have no QB and are rebuilding. Top FAs don't generally go to rebuilding teams as they want to win.

People are just assuming that the Jets aren't active because FAs won't entertain them. It's not like Macc is just sitting around doing nothing LOL!

That's the same reason why Norwell went to the Jags instead of Giants.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Winning the free agent wars tops you out at 9-7 or so but the really big deals usually go 3-13.

Football is a team sport. If you pay somebody like the King he damn well better be the King because otherwise you have a locker room of peons alongside him and they're waiting on the King.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

so, we can have new uniforms that are just the browns helmets with a really crappy green paint job over it

rickjet likes this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Jets are the nerdy kid looking for a prom date. 99% chance we wind up going with a friend and she winds up getting pounded by one of the cool kids in the bathroom.

Maccagnan got so cucked by Minnesota it's not even funny.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What exactly was Maccagnan supposed to do?

Obviously Cousins wasn't going to get blown away by an unlimited budget and even if the Jets went over the top for him what would that say about his commitment to winning?

Did you watch Darrelle Revis all those years? Much better CB than Cousins is a QB but "My Money" does not win in a team sport.

NYJetsO12 and zace like this.
  15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

We can't self deprecate for no reason now?

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

As much as I wanted Cousins, this isn't the end of the world. The fact of the matter is that the Jets are looked at as a piss-poor franchise in the NFL, free agents don't want to sign here unless we grossly overpay. Mac isn't doing nothing, he's trying to get guys here who actually want to be here and will be here for less than an absurd amount of money. We missed out on Kirk, AR15, and Richburg, but lets face it, two of those three weren't coming here unless we grossly overpaid. Andrew Norwell signed for five years 66 million with Jacksonville, imagine how much we would've had to pay to sign him.

The best option now is to trade up to 1, 2, or 3 and draft a QB. We lose a couple draft picks but we have money we could spend in the second round of FA to make up for it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

Cousins wasn’t going to sign here period! People got all giddie but be realistic mindy had offense and defense all ready for super bowl. Why would he come here. I’d rather sign the two best cb’s and add them to the two safeties and backs wnd of defens is set. The build offers through draft.we are two yr from contending. Most articles I read said this free agent class was a weak draft to begin. Roll over the rest of the cash to next yr move up get qb you want and build from there.

TonyFtLaud, NYJetsO12 and nicg4360 like this.
  18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Can someone pull Macagnan out of Starbucks and tell him to get back to the office?

NYJetsO12 and nicg4360 like this.
  19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Interesting

20. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Even Adams is wondering what's going on.