Anyone looking to buy a signed, professionally framed Darrelle Revis jersey (with Certificate of Aut

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by BettyKat, Aug 20, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BettyKat

BettyKat New Member

Edited to remove post.

#1 BettyKat, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Lock this shit please...

LF911SC likes this.
  3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Sure, what is your social security number?

Cman68 and Donttasemebro like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Can you hold it for me ? I am expecting some money from a Nigerian prince and would love to purchase it as soon as that money clears. Should be any day now

joe, LF911SC and jetophile like this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

So you're jumping ship as a Jets fan because you moved to Boston? Ewwwww . . .

[​IMG]

If this is legit . . . I mailed a fairly large framed piece of art (behind glass) some years ago. I did it through The UPS Store. They did all the packing, and it was guaranteed not to break. It got there safely, but it was pricey. Check out ebay and see what the jerseys are generally going for and then maybe shop it around to a sports memorabilia outfit or two and see what they might want to offer you. Sorry, but I don't think anyone on here is going to trust this.

LF911SC and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Welp, looks like we found Jethro's other account. lol

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not me. I'm holding out for a better deal.

Royal Tee, ukjetsfan, FJF and 2 others like this.
  8. jetophile

Hahaha.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Unfortunately unless you get an autograph yourself or witness a product getting signed for yourself, you'll truly never know if it's a fake or not.

I grew up with a close childhood friend. He's never worked a 9-5 job but instead travels the U.S as an autograph seeker. He's excellent there's not an actress, sports player or celebrity he hasn't gotten from hotel's, stadiums, airports etc he tracks them down (great $$$).

But there is a real shady & rotten side to the culture/business. There are more fake/forged autographs online through E-Bay and other outlets than there are real one's.

He once told me a joke. A con artist will sell you a baseball with Babe Ruth's signature in sharpie (despite Sharpies not being around way back when".

And last but not least a "Cert" (Certificate of Authenticity) is unfortunately both worthless and meaningless. Do you know how many scumbags work for these companies who will authenticate a fake autograph as a favor for a friend?

Happens each and every day in the autograph world and makes it harder on honest autograph sellers like my buddy. Who has to travel and compete against ppl who can fake from their own living rooms.

Moral of the story? Don't pay for an autograph unless you've seen it signed with your own two eyes. And "proof pictures" aren't valid neither. They are used as dummy/prop pictures. Get one "proof pictures" and use it to sell hundreds of fake one's.

I'll never spend a dollar on someone's signature. Too many stories from my friend and now know too much about the scumbags who get these fake products "Authenticated".

LF911SC likes this.
  10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You do realize he helped win a championship in NE.

And what kind of fan gets rid of team memorabilia because they moved? Isnt it for you and not for others to enjoy?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I know someone who would love it and pay top dollar for it. He is a huge fan. You can contact him on his Twitter account: @Revis24

12. BettyKat

BettyKat New Member

Not 'jumping ship' so much as, "no room in new house and no sports memorabilia/consignment stores here will touch it (one response from today: "that will never sell here").

13. BettyKat

BettyKat New Member

If only...

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. BettyKat

BettyKat New Member

I mean, fair enough, buyer beware and all that. But for whatever it's worth--although I did NOT see Revis sign it with my own two eyes--it was part of a prize package when I won a trip to Jets training camp around 2010. It was a trip for 4 and included hotel in Ithaca, some sightseeing, the training camp experience and the signed jersey with the Certificate of Authenticity. It was given to me by a Jets employee, in Ithaca, and I highly doubt that dude just signed it himself on the sly or had some rando do it - there was publicity surrounding our trip and the prize.

As for the Certificate of Authenticity...it may seem worthless to you but it is in fact the only thing that matters in terms of sports memorabilia and consignment stores. Here in Boston they accept it if they can check it and they have checked ours...but they won't take it off my hands as it's not a Revis Patriots jersey and they don't think it will sell.

Obviously, it's fun to banter with everyone here but I figured I'd have more luck on eBay and will put it up there this weekend if nothing here or on the other Jets forum on which I posted it. Just wanted to try direct with Jets fans first...

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Which store said that?

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Alright, give me $5 and I'll keep it.

17. BettyKat

BettyKat New Member

Kenmore Collectibles in Boston.

18. jetophile

I can't see the pictures. So you framed it behind glass yourself after the fact? I remember something like this where the Jets were giving away signed footballs but there were only around five of them and they "ran out". Hahaha, only the Jets. I also do recall get a chance to receive a free signed Revis football jersey, but even still, even if you watch the player sign something, it will always be your word against whoever is doubting you that you saw them sign it.

I have a friend who used to do art restoration (paintings) and also worked in the slide room of The Metropolitan Museum of Art. People would be shocked to know how many fakes and forgeries there are in that place. And they were "authenticated". It's the unspoken underbelly of The Met. Even experts can be easily fooled. If you don't get any bites, just take it out of the frame, donate the frame to a thrift shop, and wear the jersey to a Cheats game. Or just make some kid happy. People should read 'King of the Confessors' by Thomas Hoving. It was out of print for a while, but it's like a freaking spy novel. And it's true.

#18 jetophile, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I just called. He said he never seen such person today (with NYJ Revis Jersey)...

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This just became more interesting
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.