Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Jeremiah has had Allen over Mayfield from day 1

So has just about everyone on ESPN and the NFLN. Including the ex GMs. Doesnt make them right, just makes the comment that its not true wrong

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

As we all know these rankings change, sometimes drastically, the closer we get to draft day. Especially when more and more info becomes available and everybody gets a closer look at the prospects.

He has Mayfield ahead now.

Brooks has Mayfield and Jackson ahead of Allen..

#322 Walt White, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Allen looked good!! Mayfield was off..Mom in the Hospital on his mind?

Well since NO ONE can control events going forward at LEAST we are at 3 which guarantees a QB..

TBH Watching Allen play against some good players and have such a nice touch on the ball I am getting why Phil Simms is liking him so much..in a way I can live with picking Allen now..

Rosen would really be the way go however ..at this point if it's between him and Mayfield

No one questions Josh Rosen as the second best player in draft..maybe he can wear two helmets ahahahah

Rockinz likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I know the focus of attention on this site is QB. And rightfully so. God knows we need one. But people here are underestimating how huge of an impact Chubb could have to a team like The Giants.
    Even for us, as bad as I want my savior in offense, my biggest fear is always watching Brady or any good QB dance around and picking us apart.
    Rushing and sacking the QB is the difference maker when the game is on the line
    I can see the Giants going DE

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Josh Allen is a Patriots fan. AVOID!!!

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

:mad:

7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

If Kelso can do it, why not?
    [​IMG]

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Lol

Looking up to Brady isn’t exactly a bad thing and beating him will be even sweater to him! That’s a good thing btw

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Lol anyone see that video of McCown that the Jets twitter put out? Uncle Josh can ball!

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When you realize Cleveland will take Barkley #1 (and then whatever QB is left at #4), it makes sense. We will get one of the top two QBs. Giants will get the other.

11. I agree that this is my biggest worry w. Allen. The accuracy stuff is overblown just a tad...he definitely needs polishing but his issues can be fixed & in much shorter order than Hack.The decision making is peculiar at times. Is it lack of vision?Not able to read defenses on the fly? Forcing the ball? It could be a number of different things.For all we know in some of those cases he was following coach's orders on a previously conceived play. These are the kind of things the FO will or undoubtedly already have dug into.

That said, despite his poor decisions, he only threw 6 picks against 16 TD'S. Jets want to play alot of "check with me" hot read at the line ala Fitzpatrick in 15..if a QB is able to diagnose a defensive look/match-up pre snap...that removes SOME of the decision making portion. This was one of the reasons the jets liked Hack b.c he did this under Bill O'brien his Frosh year. Can Allen execute that type of O? Alot of those hot read throws during 2015 were box-out type throws outside the numbers..in other words throw it to an area & our guy will win. I think physically he absolutely can. Mentally? Well that's what the FO needs to dig deeper on.

12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

How do you know that Allen can be fixed quicker than Hack?

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

It’s from 2014. But damn, he was going crazy haha.

14. I don't know for sure. But it seems pretty obvious. Hack's foot work was complete choppy garbage from the snap through the release of the football. He needed to be taught proper mechanics from scratch. Allen is very smooth in his drop back but for the very top just before the release and/or hitch.He releases the ball alittle too soon before actually finishing his drop & it can lead to some awkward off balanced throws. Beyond that he needs to put better touch on his short to intermediate throws.These aren't drastic coaching points for an NFL coaching staff. If Allen is coachable & the CS is competent(big if) these are issues that should disappear no later than season's end & as soon as preseason week 3.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Two stud pass rushers are better than one. The difference between Chubb and the next best edge rusher is a lot greater than the difference between Barkley and Michel or Guise or Penny.

Noam likes this.
  16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Great point. To me, it's a no brainer. Chubb + Michel or Jones > Barkley and a later round pass rusher

17. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

1. Barkley
    2. Darnold
    3. Allen
    4. Rosen

Kill me.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

No shot we pick Allen over Rosen. Pure gut feeling but I'd be shocked if Rosen wasn't first on our board.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Allen is athletic enough that he can make plays even if he can't be fixed. Doesn't mean he'll be a good starter, but he'll be better than the trainwreck Hack's been.

20. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Watched the Senior Bowl in its entirety and I disagree with him playing amazing, especially in the first half. If he had only had his allotted time, he would have looked pretty mediocre, especially with Mike White looking really solid over that period. Notice that outside of a checkdown, his other two highlights were runs in the first half. I got the feeling watching him that he would lock onto a single receiver for the most part. One read and run. Even the great throws in the second half, it looked like he was locked onto his target from the snap.

Coming out of the Senior Bowl, he looked like the third best, at best QB on the field that day. Mike White was the only QB I noticed consistently going through progressions and looking off defenders, while Lauletta reminded me a bit of Wilson and other backyard-style QBs with his moxie.

I think that's what people see. That inconsistency between the performances in each half. Which Allen will the team that picks him get? The first half Allen? The second half Allen? Or a mix of both for his career, which is frustrating in and of itself.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.