Anybody going to the Carolina game on December 15?

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Mitch_Dumstein, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Mitch_Dumstein

Just finished booking my trip....

My buddy and I are heading down on the morning of the game and returning on Tuesday

2. endydee

endydee Active Member

I had one game to go to this year, and that was one of the games I thought about going to. With the Jets/Carolina game being so close to a Christmas, I decided to go to Jets/Atlanta game instead. Only so much cash to spend. Hope you have a good time. Go Jets!

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'm am! goin down day before and comin back day after

4. Mitch_Dumstein

where are your seats?

I got two at stubhub in Upper Premium Sideline 514, Row 6 for only 114 bucks including all SH fees

Decided to forego any tailgate and have a nice lunch somewhere on Sunday and then walk to the stadium from the Downtown Marriott which is apparently only about 6-7 blocks away...

probably playing golf somewhere on Monday (unless it is in the frigging freezing temp zone) and flying back early on Tuesday

5. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

I live in Charlotte and am attending. There is a big fan club down here, they are hosting a tailgate if you are interested.

http://www.charlottejetsfans.com/1/index.php/2013-tailgate/

Marriott is very walkable, there is not a big lot at B of A stadium like there is at MetLife, there are a ton of street parking lots around the stadium though. You can see the stadium from your hotel.

***Mods, if I am not allowed to post a link, I apologize, long-time TGG member, rarely post though***

6. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

I am going. I live in the charlotte area as well. Green Blood, I have been to the Charlotte Jets Fans club at Dilworth Grille. They are alot of fun to be around.

7. Mitch_Dumstein

Thanks

I signed up with the CJF for this tailgate..then got a snippy email that they were rejecting my request and refunding my CC payment. No idea why, but no problem...their loss.

Have a nice lunch with my buddy instead and then head to the game, cheer on the Jets and bring home the big W.

PM me if you want to meet up and say hello...I tried to send one to you but you are set up to not receive PMs

8. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

Mitch, Check your PM.

9. Mitch_Dumstein

thanks

sent you my cell number so we can meet up for a brewski before or during the game

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

that's pretty close, we're in sec 511

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

so what's the deal with this fan club tailgate, we have to pay in advance for it?

12. Mitch_Dumstein

don't know about advance but I sent them my 54 bucks for two attendees, got a confirmation and then got an email saying they were sending my money back. Maybe they are full or maybe I ticked off a certain arrogant CPA from JI

either way, staying in Charlotte, having a nice lunch and then we'll head to the stadium. Keith is also sitting nearby so hopefully we can get together and meet up so I can buy you both a cold one

13. RexJets80

RexJets80 New Member

From SC going to game... Where is a good jet friendly bar close to stadium?

14. Mitch_Dumstein

FIVE games to go after this one...

AND I will be at the NEXT four of them LIVE and in person

Oakland, Miami, @Carolina and Cleveland

3 up, one down at the worst

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I envy you. Enjoy your Jets experience.

16. Mitch_Dumstein

Leaving Sunday early AM and flying home Tuesday early AM

Staying at the Marriott

Seats in section 514 row 6

plans for golf on Monday appear to be down the toilet due to forecast of rain.

GO

Looking forward to meeting Showers, Rexjet, Keith and Blood for the game and hopefully a victory celebration at the conclusion

I have PMs and cell numbers from Keith, anyone else that wishes to do so can PM me.

Anybody else headed to Charlotte next week?

17. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I was considering making the drive from Tampa... I think I am going to wait and just go to the Miami game Week 17.... If we beat the panthers Sunday I have a big feeling the week17 winner dolphin/jets gets the 6th spot... Have fun though! Hopefully there are a lot of Jet fans there...

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Have fun Mitch. Enjoy the game and come back with a W

19. Mitch_Dumstein

weather forecast for both Sunday and Monday is improved -- warmer on Sunday and no rain on Monday

Golf is possibly back in the picture for Monday.... any locals have any recommendations for a course with a reasonable cab fare cost away from downtown. Not renting a car so I don't want to pay more for the taxi ride than for the round itself

20. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

Kind of tough without a car, most good courses are away from Uptown and not really on the way to the airport. Far more options if you did have a car.

Renaissance Park is probably the one most convenient to the airport, is maybe 10-15 mins from Uptown. I have not played there in a long time, so I can't attest to the current shape.