Any chance Barkley is another clone of Reggie Bush?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Remember the 2006 draft? Reggie Bush was the second coming of Jesus for some? He ended up having an underwhelming career compared to expectations. You think Barkley will also have an average career like Bush did or is he inhuman?

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think he'll have a more consistent career then Bush, but I don't think he's going to be absolutely better then the Gurleys, David Johnsons and Bells. Bush wasn't even the best RB from that draft, it was Maurice Jones Drew.

I would never take a RB this high, history says you can grab a star RB late in the draft. There is ALWAYS a counterpart.

Zeke - Jordan Howard
    Gurley - David Johnson
    McCafferty - Kamara, Cook and Hunt

Brook! likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It was interesting that not 1 team sent a representative to his pro day. He was genuinely disappointed. He wanted to improve on his combine showing.
    I guess teams at the top have seen what they need to see and the rest figure he will be off the board by the time they pick.
    That said, barring injury, he should have a good career. He seems like a genuinely nice guy from his interviews. I hope he is sucesssucc, except for when he plays the Jets of course.

CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think he will have a good career, but will he be a HOFer? Maybe. I wish him well and hope he stays healthy, but I don't think his career will be all that. He's certainly not worth all the love and obsession that some here have for him thinking it's worth it for the Jets to take him over a QB and give up the 3-2nd round picks to get him. It's absolutely nuts!

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Barkley won’t be a bust like Bush.. Bush wasn’t built for the pounding. Unless he gets hurt he will have a solid career.

He reminds me of a better version on Devonte Freeman

legler82 and westiedog1 like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He is a die hard Jets fan. I wish him well. I hope he gets into HoF. But in today's NFL RB's aren't the reason teams win Superbowls.

3 or maybe 4 elite positions.

QB
    Pass rusher
    Left Tackle
    Shut down corner.

If a team is selecting a RB if one of the premium prospects from these positions are on the clock that team is destined to fail. Especially if they don't have a QB.

Barkley isn't going #1 or #2 or #3

His biggest chance is Browns having 2 top 5 picks. Browns might pick him with their 4th pick or decide to pick Chub and Barkley slides further.

Zeke, Gurley, Fournette were high first round picks but similar impact came from Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara as well.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on!

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

Barkley is great in terms of the open field and being a receiving threat as well, but there is 100% some concerns regarding his running through the line (as opposed to running around it and beating players with speed). That is a red flag, aside from the obviously short shelf life and value of a RB. Moot point regardless since there is a less than 0% chance we pick someone not a QB.

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

He will have a great career and he will be a Jet. It might not be on April 26, 2018 but he will at some point be on this team.

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

First part is obviously no, we all know that.

Second part is why I do I want a Barkley who is likely in his upper 20s and 30s and on his decline? Lol

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

You paying attention? Those are the only kind of RB's we sign.

12. Seth

Seth Active Member

Lmao, fair point!

I do like the Crowell signing though, given his youngish age.

13. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

The guy who did the film room stuff on the top QBS just did Saquon :)

14. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Bush was never going to be a between the tackles every down back to begin with. He's a scat back. Never got why teams try tried to make him that. That said, I think Bush had a better career than people give him credit for. He was a dangerous pass catcher. I think with Saquon he's both. People keep trying to compare him with different guys in the league but this guy reminds me so much of Mo Jo Drew it's scary. I was a big Jones Drew fan too. My like brother is a Jaguars fan (don't ask me how). I always would marvel at that guys ability.