Antonio Cromartie's financial situation, and why it's relevant.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Oct 9, 2015.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'll get this out of the way: I'm not a fan of Antonio Cromartie, and it annoys me when people say "We're LUCKY to have Cro!"

Because I don't think it's true.

He's definitely made his handful of great plays for the Jets, and he played surprisingly well after Revis went limp with a hammy during the 2010 season, and he handled himself okay in Revis' ACL season even though he got the #1 CB treatment and QBs were throwing elsewhere.

The number of kids he has is a problem and the fact that he almost doubled that number since he joined the Jets continues to be a problem. Don't tell me that his contracts solve everything. The guy was barely smart enough to name all of his kids once for Hard Knocks and then fucked it up the second time.

The way he plays is a testament to how scared he is of being in the poor house supporting his 12 children. I say 12 because that number is confirmed and doesn't take into account the inevitable 15 paternity suits he'll most likely face when he retires.

He's afraid of being hurt, so he refuses to put himself in harm's way. That doesn't preclude the occasional cheap shot on another player, especially a teammate, but being on the dealing end is always less painful, you know this if you've ever played the game. You control the pain.

And now, this past offseason, Cro has attempted to be groomed as a broadcaster. Never mind the fact that barely anyone who speaks the English language understands what the motherfucker is saying, he is desperate to find a career post-football. So, now he's doing what people in the media are telling him to do: make attention grabbing headlines. Never mind that they are disjointed and unprovoked, this is Cro we are talking about. A giant penis with a tiny brain attached to it.

Doomed to failure, but yeah, we're going to have to deal with his stupid fucking shit this year.

Every other week, Cro will appear in an article where he's making some provocative statement, and it will be stupid, unprovoked, and annoying.

That's the reality of his financial situation.

Ubiquitous, HAYN, jdon and 2 others like this.
  2. abyzmul

First post will be about how much money he has made without bothering to consider the way he lives. Bet.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

TNJet likes this.
  4. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

His contract is essentially a 1 year deal. Wouldn't surprise me if the team cuts ties with him after this season.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Revis is the one I'm worried about. Dude has his own island.

Centiment and GreenWhiteandGold like this.
  6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

We're lucky to have Cro?

_

ajax and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

The problem is that while he's trying to be prudent now, with amount of mouths he's got to feed it might be a little too late. Yes, I read the article and this part:

"Schwartz said Cromartie’s retirement is now funded until he’d be 100 years old, and the investments should take care of all his children."
    Contradicts what I just said. However, you gotta consider the source: his financial advisor basically tells the world how good of advisor he his.

Maybe he is the best there is indeed, but his 100 years are based on assumptions that mothers will be reasonable. If one would file a lawsuit, would his projection hold? What if all mothers file suits, did he account for this possibility?

That said, I don't recall every 2 weeks yapping business. I listen to Kay on my way home, and they love digging shit on Jets. I don't remember any big Cro news, controversial or not.
    Regardless, with his current level of play, I doubt he'll be on the team next year.

8. abyzmul

9. abyzmul

Shut up, you goon.

10. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

abyzmul, what are you drinking/smoking smoking tonight?

I think I want some.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This is all true and I'm a big proponent of benching him for Marcus Williams until Williams proves it should be the other way around. It sucks because Cromartie is most likely playing because of his contract as Williams looks to be the better player.

There can't be any way we keep him next year with 0 guaranteed dollars left on the deal.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/antonio-cromartie/

$8 million is way too much to be paying a CB2 that isn't elite. Look at Seattle, Arizona, San Diego, Atlanta, Cleveland and Indy. All have top 10-12 corners and they would never ever think about paying a CB2 more than $3 or $4 million.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Worked well enough when we defeated the Patriots in the playoffs. I can't believe this is a thread lol go watch the Mets or find something better to do with your Friday night.

Chadchrebet and The Dark Knight like this.
  13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

For those expressing contempt for provocative new threads that people actually put some thought into...

WHAT do you want to talk about that hasn't been beaten to death?

I mean, do we really have a surfeit of fascinating material on the front page? Christmas.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

no pullout game weak jokes yet?

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

"Surfeit" is an underused term.

I also like "equidistant" a lot too.

_

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Am I missing these articles or statements? What has Cromartie said? Also, he is nothing to worry about byz. Most of what you said really isn't the Jets' problem. If he would struggle or not play with 100% effort, I am sure Bowles would have no problem sitting him down for someone like Skrine or Marcus Williams. Walls should be healthy soon, and Milliner will also be back. No need to worry too much about Cromartie. He has made some nice plays this year, but you could easily say he is the weak spot of the secondary right now.

17. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

wouldn't fear of losing a future paycheck make him more motivated to play his ass off this year so he gets another 8 million next year? (prorated or otherwise)

or wouldn't it be a moot point since he's NOT guaranteed a contract with this team and we can easily move on if that even was a problem? (which it isn't)

also, with that in mind, this thread sucks balls. who gives a shit about his personal life? Dudes made over 40 million over his career, even with tax thats enough to pay the other 7 baby mommas in his life in addition to actively raising the children he's had with his spouse.

Having a lot of kids isn't something that will effect the team, and frankly you're underestimating how much he's matured as a guy who can balance his finances in a responsible way.

yo wanna talk about his inconsistent tackling or something actually relevant maybe?:rolleyes:

18. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Umm. All these kids are going to the NFL. Cro is set and so are his kids. Freak family.

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Seems like Williams is making more plays and should be getting more snaps. CRO is vital for depth if nothing else, he also has made some noteworthy plays on the ball (while getting burnt at least twice this season for scores).

Williams has impressed and glass milliner is due back... Cro needs to make the most out of every snap. This is a young mans game, and a speed dependant position. Pops ain't getting any younger. Got to earn that bread now