Antonio Brown to the Raiders(Confirmed)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Lol, this is hilarious if true.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think he threatened suicide when his Fiance, took the $785 k ring and said " Fuck no, Im not going to Buffalo!!!

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The Buffalo Bills: where NFL players go to die.

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Seems there are reports out that this isn't necessarily true. Not a done deal quite yet.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It is true. Heard it this morning. Bills always seem to get nice Wr's but several years in and bad things always happen to them.

6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Not the way to protect and nuture your 2nd year QB. AB clashed with a Super Bowl winner and 10 year veteran. He is going to be the defacto QB in the Bills huddle and ruin Josh Allen.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Unreal. The Bills are a disaster.

Reeks of the two teams agreeing on a deal, Brown being notified and then laughing hysterically. Drafting Josh Allen may have been one of the biggest blunders in years. But at least they didn’t trade up to get him or anything...

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Deal is dead apparently.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Posted this in the trade thread too:

Unreal. The Bills are a disaster.

Reeks of the two teams agreeing on a deal, Brown being notified and then laughing hysterically. Drafting Josh Allen may have been one of the biggest blunders in years. But at least they didn’t trade up to get him or anything...

10. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Agreed. If the Steelers want to move him now, they are going to have to take much less in compensation. Its turning into a real nightmare for them. Bills are a joke!

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Heard a blurb from Larry Fitzgerald on NFL live yesterday that he thought Antonio Brown was really screwing himself and the best thing for him to have done was to stay with the Steelers. He said it very nicely, but the main gist was that he thought he shot himself in the foot.

The Larry Fitzgerald blurb was right after a segment with Antonio Brown and Keyshawn Johnson. It was basically Antonio Brown selling himself by demonstrating his playing style and how to keep/keeps his feet inbounds.

If he does officially wind up with the Bills I fully expect his relationship to be worse with Josh Allen than the toxicity between him and Roethlisrapist because the Steelers almost always manage to be competitive and right now the Bills flat out suck . . . although they did demolish the Jets once this season. Jets gonna Jet.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ooops, I didn't see this before I posted. It would help if I could, ya know, READ. So, the Brown/Jets headache is still not over. :/

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I want no part of Brown on the Jets.
    Don’t think he’d work with a young QB.

That said I’d rather not play him twice a year either.

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

PFT is almost making it sound like he could end up getting cut.

15. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

There is more to this than we know. I think Pittsburgh did something to upset him and he snapped. I don't think he is handling this right and it drives me nuts that these guys can now say no and create trades or kill them. I get you need to be off of the Steelers but you're getting $13 million a year. I know he is the best or one of the best wr in the league and is underpaid. I understand wanting more in the contract but to nix a trade it shouldn't happen. Unfortanately it is the way the world is. The NFL us lucky fantasy is so huge as well as gambling. If they relied on people going to games etc I think they'd have trouble but between tv deals, gambling etc they'll survive. I'll be interested to see what happens to stadiums in 10-15 years. If players continue to behave like this I think attendance will drop vastly across the league. People are just getting bored of it have better things to do and will look for entertainment elsewhere. For the time being it'll stay status quo because of gambling. That being said in the beginning I was interested in Brown but as this has played out this is turning into a TO situation and he'll be doing pushups on his driveway soon. I'll pass. No thanks.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was a done deal but then he told Buffalo he wasn't going to play for them? what do ya think

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Has to be. That was my first thought when I saw the news. "No way he is happy playing there."

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think it was a done deal and the rosenhaus told the bills what his contract demands are. A more tactful way of declining

#179 FJF, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the only reason I think Brown himself nixed the idea of going to Buffalo is because he put FAKE NEWS on the social media report that he was going to buffalo last night lol

pittsburgh doesnt give a shit either way but Buffalo would rather not have a player decline to play for them