Antonio Brown to the Raiders(Confirmed)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Feb 19, 2019.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

New contract for Brown as well
    Brown had three years and about $39 million left on the contract he signed with the Steelers in 2017. According to Pro Football Talk, Brown negotiated a new deal with Oakland that will pay him $50.125 million over the next three seasons, with $30.125 million in guaranteed money. Brown had no guaranteed compensation on his previous deal. Roughly$16.7 mill per with 2 years fully Guaranteed.

2. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

They won't cut him (20M+ cap hit IIRC) and I'm not sure how much they'd get for him in a trade (if they have so little confidence in Carr that they'd rather go with a rookie/FA than let him throw to AB, I wouldn't want any part of him).

I think they roll with him for another year or two and say "here's one of the best weapons in the league, no excuses." Carr isn't bad, I just don't know if he's good enough to be a FQB, and the Raiders have been too much of a top-to-bottom shitshow to tell how much of it was his fault. Plus, why pay that much for AB just to draft a rookie qb who might be ready to rock at the end of AB's deal when he's 34?

Also saw this:

Interesting...but they'd have been better off paying Mack.

#202 NYJ79, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Nice trade for Oakland.

They traded away Cooper for a 1 got a upgrade for that price. Not bad at all.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the distance Junc would be heard defending that as another great “Sanchez punt” :D

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Top 10 best in the league

BacktoQueens likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The reason I brought it up was Gruden made it known that Carr was available during the combine. I'm just wondering if the Brown acquisition changes that.
    Browns age and deal don't really make sense for a rebuilding team. They could have released car with very little cap hit before his salary for 2019 became guaranteed. Just over ( $7 million) Should have at least shopped him then.
    Can't figure what they are doing. Seemed to be going for a full rebuild but Browns signing says different.

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

He's a lousy teammate and I hope it blows up in his face and the Raiders.

I hope that he catches 50 balls all year and Carr can't find him for quarters at a time.

I would love for a classy guy like Larry Fitzgerald to team up with Big Ben.

8. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

He's a headcase prima donna WR and he is old. That team is fragile and Gruden has no clue on what he's doing. This can only end well.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

How dumb can Gruden be if he got 10 years for 100 million ? Ahahahahah

I know plenty on here don't like the Raiders but historically dating back to Namath we had terrific rivalries and they became my second fav AFC team

Other than the K Mack trade (your best def player) I don't think Jon G has done badly...looking at Macks fair performance for the Bears last year in Playoffs is more evidence supporting that move

All you guys think Antonio B is lockeroom nightmare ..and I certainly agree..but Gruden might straighten out his azz

If Carr has a resurgence ..that combo with Brown will be deadly!

Plus, and it was sort of joke at first..but Gruden will pick Mike Mayocks brain for the blue chippers to draft. FTMR A boatload of picks to Trade with

Does Gruden know what he's doing ...?? LMAO Prob more than Macagnan

10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Was pretty confident he wouldn't go for a 1st.

11. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Just because he was able to negotiate a good salary for himself does not mean he is competent when it comes to actual football results. He has a lifetime record of like 51%. He's a break-even coach who makes about 2.5 million more per year than Belichick who has won 6 SBs as the HC. Gruden won 1 SB about 15+ years ago with Tony Dungy's players(and he did so against his former team!). The Buccs declined pretty much every year since then.

It was beyond ridiculous to give this guy HC, GM, and CEO status given his track record. Now he's gone and traded the best defensive player in the world for some picks that may or may not pan out and he's brought in an old headcase who's going to just sink the team.

Raiders win like 3-4 games at best next year.

GasedAndConfused likes this.