Antonio Brown to the Raiders(Confirmed)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Feb 19, 2019.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I saw a report this weekend that GMs feel that Brown will go for a third rounder. My question is should we do it? I go back and forth:

Pro: Top 5 receiver in the game. Makes the qb better. Can't remember when the Jets had someone so exciting and must watch. Would really help this team.

Cons: Marches to the beat of his own drum. Might not be a great locker room guy. 30, on the down side of his career. Probably 2-3 more all pro type years.

On paper this would be a no brainer. I think many of us would drive a truck up to Pittsburgh to help him move. That being said I still have too many question marks. If it was year 3 of Darnold and the Jets needed a difference maker I'd be all about it. Year two where Darnold is still proving he is the guy he doesn't need a selfish receiver that could hurt him. On the other hand to get a receiver that good for second year guy could really help.

Dilema what to do? My gut says yes but my brain and reason say no. I think it'd be best for the Jets to pass on Brown. Maybe a player like AJ Green would be better. Seems to be more of a team player and could help. Be interesting to see what happens and how others think.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If we can get him for what amount to a $1 mil investment in Teddy Bridgewater, you do it and don't even think twice about it.

That being said, I think he goes for more.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

If it is for a 3rd rounder, I think you have to consider it strongly. He will not go for a 1st rounder. The Jets don't have a 2nd rounder (unless they make a pre-draft trade).

I personally think Sam might do better with an excellent receiving option at RB (Bell/Coleman) than a WR who may demand the ball. As of right now, I would say you have to pull the trigger.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Dude has lost his damn mind

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If we can get the Giants to allow him to use their locker room, I'm in.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  6. PennyandtheJets

He is quite the diva. No doubt there. I believe he had a helicopter drop him off at practice once?

7. 101GangGreen101

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  8. PennyandtheJets

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

In a damn heart beat. Who are you going to get in the third round whose better than AB? I'll answer it for you, NOBODY.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If the intention as many here have expressed is to finally build a team that has each others back and plays as a team, the last thing we need is Brown. I want to invest my third rounder on a player that will make my team better, not make him better at the expense of the team. Hard pass. Ill take Bell over him any day of the week, Ill take OBJ over him as well.

88toon likes this.
  11. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Like you said. Doing it for the Bridgewater deal makes me want to do it.

I also agree. if we do it he uses the Giants locker room on game days. Imagine those facebook live videos. Him doing dances all by himself. If he does come here I envision a Wayne Hunter Sanantonio Holmes replay in Miami.

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Mr. Big chest wants to end up on a team with guaranteed money.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

If I'm the Jets I absolutely do. We need an impact player that gets people excited. Yeah he's a loose cannon in a way, but nothing that can't be managed for a few years and at the cost of a 3rd, if he implodes it's really not a big deal. His upside outweighs that downside at that price.

14. TurkJetFan

This is way overblown. First of all, we have no clue if that third rounder will even be good, and is 99% likely not to be Antonio Brown. Second of all, sure he is a diva, but so what? Jets can manage it, and he makes the team 1000% better.

Plus, saying you'd take Bell over him when Bell literally sat out the entire season at the expense of the team, is absurd.

94Abraham and NYJFOREVER like this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

Name me a third rounder who will make our team better than Antonio Brown. I'll wait.

16. NYJFOREVER

OBJ is more of a punk primadonna than AB is. AB doesn't get along with his QB that's it, Big Ben is a massive db and everyone knows it.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would even do a future 2nd. Guy can straight up ball.

18. TurkJetFan

Not to mention AB has actually produced at an elite level consistently, whereas OBJ made 1 awesome catch. If we're being totally honest.

19. NYJFOREVER

Odell is an extremely talented receiver that I think is struggling because of the dinosaur the Giants have playing QB, imagine Darnold rolling out and hitting OBJ in stride downfield...Anyway AB would come at a much more realistic price.

20. 101GangGreen101

Wouldn't be surprised if he's in AB's ear. AB has changed so much in the last 2 or 3 seasons. I would've loved the AB 2 years ago, but not now.