Antonio Brown Has Asked For A Trade

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GQMartin, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Like the talent but he a down year. I would wait to see if he gets released. Jets need picks

2. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

no, no, no, no.

I am all over Bell but no thanks to AB. Again, posted in another thread but read Ryan Clark's comments on him. I think he's better positioned to know the real deal spending years in the same locker room with this guy than any of us, so I will take his words and recent events way before any of us here......

Enigmah likes this.
  3. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

Clearly, we are are on the opposite sides of the spectrum on this, but when you are building a team, you can't only simply look at the production. What good is having the best WR in the game if he's a cancer in the locker room? I can't even imagine what would happen with him on this team with a 1st year head coach, young QB, and the NY media ready to pounce on him the first wrong move he makes. It would be an absolute disaster, IMO. As someone else mentioned, it would be Holmes Part II.

Also, I need to elaborate on my point. I didn't mean they lost because of AB. My point was that they had arguably the best WR in the game and still didn't get it done. Others have won without him, so we could do the same. We don't need him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Give them Rontez Miles and a 7th rounder.

5. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Rontez and a conditional 10th rounder. The day they expand the draft then they get the 10th rounder.

6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Apparently it’s a situation like Brock and the Texans. If he is on the roster of the Steerlers in 19 he is owed like $22m, if he is not on the roster he is still paid $21m by the Steelers.

Additionally, this dude had 15 TDs this year. The most in his career and he is still crying like a bitch. He’s a headcase and would absolutely have a meltdown on this team. Not something Sammy D needs.

88toon and Enigmah like this.
  7. Nicholasflorio

Am I reading this right, sounds like it’s too expensive for the Steelers to drop him anyway with the dead money? So it won’t happen.

My feels.. I’d rather not either. Diva WRs can kill a QB and locker room. See OBJ on the Giants. Brandon Marshall with us, Dolphins, etc. Owens. Moss. Chad Ocho Cinco. Heck, Robby Anderson has it in him and he’s a B level receiver. Dude isn’t a “dog” like Adams thinks we need. What have ANY of these WRs won?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyFtLaud and 88toon like this.
  8. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I think so many people underestimate team chemistry and success. YES great talent is critical to success. But how many times have we seen these super individually talented teams with head cases end in utter failure? Especially bringing those kind of players into an environment and culture of losing and instability?

So not what the Jets need at this critical time in the franchise.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Too many people thinking of the now and not the consequences of bringing in this child. He skipped practice and left the last game (which had major playoff implications) early because he had a disagreement. That is Wilkerson and Santonio Holmes level of behavior combined. This guy will ruin our locker-room and eventually stunt the growth of Darnold. If it were to happen, I ensure you it would help Darnold immensely at first, but ultimately there will be a meltdown with this guy at the center.

There's other options out there. Mike Evans. Julio Jones. Draft options. Golden Tate. Say no to Antonio, he's a disaster waiting to happen 2 years down the road.

Harpua, NYJetsO12, TonyFtLaud and 3 others like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Has Jamal Adams offered an opinion yet?

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams was busy watching the LSU game today. Stand by.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Dear lord, just why do they do it, bloody footballers over here are equally as twatish

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Don’t see the problem. He’s having fun.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

And the brothers make fun of the way the white guys dance

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I would give up next year's first round pick for him in a heartbeat. I'd also give LeVeon a ton of money for 3 years. That would give Darnold an offense of Bell, Brown, Enunwa, Robby, and Herndon. Yes PLEASE

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Must just be me then, the flash bling show off shit is not for me.

Don't get me wrong I love him as a player and his promise as a defensive leader, just not into the look at me stuff on Twitter that is popular with stars.

18. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

We're going to get our hopes u

And he's going to end up in New England

19. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

This is not a foregone conclusion that he's going to be moved. I think the Steelers will try to see if they can resolve this in house and get him back onboard. They generally don't do things rashly in Pittsburgh.

Also...31 in the offseason. He's still a great player as of now but the needle is starting to point downwards.

What's worse than a malcontent? A declining malcontent.

Do your due diligence. But be careful here Jets

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'd love his talent, but the baggage that came with it would probably set this franchise back. And it's HARD to set this crappy franchise back.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.