Another year, another.....

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by GoldenShowers, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I like Tebow but I hate the Gators... actually I don't quite care for the SEC in general as good of a league it is. I don't mind S Carolina, Vandy or Tennessee but in general I think the bottom of the league is way overrated for example Mississippi St. No way they were the 11th best team in the country, they were undefeated ...so what. Who did they beat along the way? Mid Tennessee St? Troy? S. Alabama?

I like watching the games as the talent is always amazing...and I'm hoping the Jets somehow end up with Jarvis Jones but living in PAC 12 country I want to see some West Coast teams get into the mythical title game. I do credit Mike Silve for pushing for a plus 1 many years ago.

2. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

3. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

True, this is just another attempt by an anti-Tebow fanatic trying to harass the fans on this forum. It doesn't belong here, but Foolsgoldenshowers has issues and a boring life so he has to start sh** over here.

#23 John Chisum, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Why is this thread not closed?

5. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

UF doesn't even have a winning record versus their in state rival Miami who also owns I believe three more titles.

Secondly all those teams dwarf UF in terms of success. The Red Sox had a nice run, but the Yankees are the better overall team by leaps and bounds. That's what the Gators are: the Red Sox. A team whose fans see it as something special, when everyone else finds them mostly a joke.

UF is a good program. They are not one of the elite college football brands. Neither is Tennessee or Georgia Tech, both of whom have titles.

This incessant need to prop up Tebow is bc most Gators have been NFL flops, and the Gators aren't looked upon the way their fans want them to be looked upon.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

This is laughable.

7. phaytal

phaytal New Member

SEC teams are artificially over-ranked every single year. It has a lot to do with the $2 billion contract the SEC has with ESPN. Since the start of the BCS, the SEC has losing records to both the PAC-12 and the Big East in heads up play.

Great article about the over-inflation of SEC teams here - http://www.thepostgame.com/commenta...sto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think SEC offense are more bad than SEC defense are elite. I'm starting watch more, and offensively SEC teams play very differently and slowly compared to other teams. I do think SEC defenses on top teams are better than average but I also think their offense are worse than average as a whole.