Another great win for these young Jets. Make that 3 consecutive!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 8, 2017.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

It wasn't pretty. But in the NFL you take every win. Some will argue that today's win was an ugly win against a bad Cleveland team; but there is no such thing in football as a "pretty loss".

The Jets were fortunate that Cleveland's FG kicker missed two FG's but hey, i don't see N.E fans crying about how Nick Folk missed 3 FG's for Tampa. A win is a win.

I'm proud of today's road win @ Cleveland. We went from trailing 3-7 (2nd half) to winning the game 17-14. On the road... That's big.

I'm also proud to see these Jets @ 3-2 overall along with 3 consecutive wins, especially after all of these so called football experts predicted an 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13 type of incompetent team in which wouldn't even be able to line up on Sunday's without being blown out & embarrassed throughout 2017.

In closing i said it once during the game thread and I'll say it again. For all of you Jet fans who expect these young Jets to just quit and lose (for a draft pick) and for everyone who wants and expects this team to just roll over and play dead?

My best advice is to just come back next off-season and stop watching these 2017 Jets because these young players have no quit in them. None whatsoever. They may not be great. We may not even be any good; but these young Jet players are here to fight. They play to at least compete.

I'm personally enjoying these underdogs who've refused to quit all because all of those so called experts made us out to be an All-Time incompetent team.

Like it or not but...

A.) Tanking isn't happening.

And...

B.) 4-2 is now the goal.

I'm ready for an AFC East showdown against N.E. Hey. We'll be playing with house money with nothing to lose but everything to gain.

HAYN, Footballgod214, hwismer and 8 others like this.
  2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Homers make life better..

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

At least this week vs. New England will be somewhat interesting.

6. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

The Jets proved today that they're equally as bad as the Niners and the Browns. They've just gotten luckier. This is why they should have taken a QB last year.

7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Jets tied for 1st place!

drugs are bad, mmmk?

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Earth? Meet Jets... Jets? meet Earth..

Footballgod214 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

No it won't, the jets need great QB play just to be competitive against the Patriots.

The only teams that have made it close against the patriots are teams with exceptional QB play.

I'm glad jets are fighting to stay in games, but next week, Brady will put on a clinic against our CBs and Lee will be exposed big time.

Sorry, the truth has to be told.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

No big surprise here...we were ay ah supposed to win this one?? it was a trap game but lol we hang on for a win hah a grinder

The NEW Coaching Staff is powering these wins (sory not Toddie)

Promote one of these guys imo

Head scratching year ,,,but give credit where credit due
    JMHO

11. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The players and coaches made a great effort, but in the end, we were outsucked today.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Just heard on radio J McGown has one 3 in a row for first time after what 15 years lol ?/ ? Poor guy..happy for him

Footballgod214 and NY Jets68 like this.
  13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Boy am I so excited not knowing who our QB is going to be next yearand Bowles remaining our coach!

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

That last scoring drive was brilliant! We have talent on offense. No superstar...but everyone does what they get paid to do. Morton is the man.

All Gas No Shake and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

It's a win, grant it but, I don't like the direction this team is going with McCown taking the snaps. It would be more constructive to put Petty in and use McCown in backup situations just like with the Browns using Kizer/Horton. Whatever, I've got a good feeling we'll be seeing a serious losing streak starting here on out for several weeks.

JETS1116 and edray10 like this.
  16. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

And what has NE been so many times over the years? Good teams always get the breaks.

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure "great" means what you think it means but there was nothing great about today's win. The best we can say about it was that it was a win but there was little encouraging for the young guys on the team.

Yankjetfan likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hey. I've enjoyed these 3 consecutive wins after starting off 0-2. I'm sorry if fans such as yourself haven't.

I'm not calling for a SB or even the playoffs but i care about the future of this team. And this team outside of McCown is extremely young. And the future could be bright if these young kids gel & continues develop together.

Like it or not we're in a 3 way tie with N.E and Buffalo atop the AFC East heading into week 5 with a CHANCE to compete & fight for 4-2 against the Patriots (who most certainly aren't unbeatable or even undefeated).

Heading into 2017 after losing Marshall, Decker, Revis, Harris, Magold etc...

Who would've thunk it?!?!?

P.S: The same Jaguars team who we beat last week just whooped the Steelers @ Pittsburgh by the score of 30-9 and the same 12-4 Oakland team from last year who beat us week two could fall to 2-3 with a loss today.

Funny how football works.

Homer? Nope. Enjoying these young 2017 underdogs? Damn right i am.

19. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

10 days for BB & Brady to prepare with (presumedly) Gronk back?
    Right, Washington Generals had a better chance of beatings the Globe Trotters.

20. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Very depressing that some fans can't even enjoy a win. Go Jets!