Another good article from Cimini - Jet FA's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good reality check. All those who think the Jets can simply open their checkbook and rebuild the team with stars, or even good depth players, need to wake up. They can - and better - make great strides in talent this year or Macc should be fired, but they're not going to be rebuilt in one season.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

A lot of people around here have been saying the 100M is a mirage for months now, including me.

The roster is light and there's a ton of people to resign who were on the roster last year.

Kris 15 likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

Yes, "a lot of people" have, including you and I, but most have not.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I hope they re-sign very few who were on the roster last year

6. ColoradoContrails

I don't disagree, but that means they'll probably have to spend even more to do it.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

A Cimini article without any snide remarks? The world must be coming to an end.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I've been saying over and over that 2020 should be the defining year of Macc's tenure as GM. 2019 is only going to be a clean up of the mistakes over the last 4 years or so. No playoffs, no wildcard. Just another rebuilding/retooling year for Macc and the Jets.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Who on that list of free agents is getting more than what they got last year outside of Myers and Andre Roberts? Maybe Darryl Roberts?

This is kind of a boogey man, as it has been every time someone mentions the fact we have a bunch of free agents. You can sign players to team friendly deals while still paying them their money first off, and second you can fill out the back end of a roster with cheap options. And let's get real, if those are the guys we are trying to replace, they better be the back end of the roster or else we had a terrible offseason.

10. Lets not go too far the other way now..the jets have even more cap space into 2020.There will be flexibility to to spend if they want to spend bc they can structure contracts for future years w.o a ton of reprecussions or strain.

Mac willfully tore this roster down to the studs w this offseason in mind. He better damn well have a plan to bring in premium talent & not at the expense of fielding a roster. The jets did this to themselves pointing to THIS offseason.No excuses.Drastically more talent or fire them all.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The Jeta can ABSOLUTELY make the payoffs in 2019....not saying they will but they absolutely can

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You know, I agree. Looking thru the list, there are not that many worthy of bringing back except Claiborne and the 2 special team standouts. I realize they may need to bring back a few more than that, but that only shows how weak MacCagnan's roster is. If they bring back penalty machine Buster Skrine at ANY price or lifetime bench player Dakota Dozier, then they have no clue. Dozier has sat on the bench for 5 years--get another body who could at least compete for a starting job. I think Daryl Roberts is overrated too--He just looked decent at times because most everyone else in Toilet Bowles defense looked as clueless as their coach.

Red Menace and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The only guarantee I see is Myers and the KR Roberts. Even Anderson isn’t a guarantee being that the Jets are moving to a 4-3 base. Robby Anderson could possibly be trade bait .....

As far as FAs ( non Jets ) go I think the Jets would be wise to focus on EDGE and OL as their primary signings . Personally if they sign a former Steeler I am pulling for the TE Jesse James . Very under rated - good blocker and would make a nice tandem with Herndon and solve the TE position for years.

Obviously what the Jets do in FA is going to dictate their draft.....

tomdeb likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Agreed, it is not out of the realm that the Jets make the playoffs next year, given they address some key positions via FA and the draft. Not a chance it's a rebuilding year, the rebuild ended when they drafted Darnold.

FJF likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd say the actions of the teams with the first two picks will dictate the Jets draft plans just as much. One or both could trade down with a QB needy team.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

What an indictment on the ineptitude of Maccagnan... that shit totaled $60 million in salaries.
    How an owner can look at that and not beat the shit out of the guy is beyond me.

I have no faith in this team of morons to do anything to fix what's wrong with this franchise... I don't care if they have $500 million to spend.

tomdeb likes this.
  17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I just pray Mac doesn't overpay for Fowler, that potential signing really scares me. We need some DOGS

19. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Oh come on, half the fan base want us to blow the hole load on Bell

Red Menace likes this.
  20. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member