Another game that we seen our Jets lose. Well. At least it's just a game.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 10, 2017.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well the power just went out & the winds are already starting to swirl and the storm's not expected to hit us until 1:00 (3 hrs away) but this thing is coming. I'm still worried but no longer as scared i was mentally preparing myself for a category 4 and the good news is that it should only be a category 2 when it comes to st.pete tampa bay. Will be uncomfortable in Florida without a.c and power for days or 2 or so weeks but im happy i won't be waking up to see children & elderly dead throughout our city.

Thnx you all. I was petrified earlier. I mean i couldn't vent with my daughter right next to me. But i was so scared of a category 4. And as a father i felt like a failure. I felt tricked by the media for 10 days talking Miami and East Coast. As it's been for the past 80 years. I will never listen to media again. No one on the West Coast of FL will ever trust these predicted paths again. Mother nature has mind of it's own. Next time i won't have a guilty heart of leaving people behind. I won't have to. We're all leaving. They told us less than 2 days storm shifted. Coming straight for us as category 4. Shifted West. And that. It did. Shitty warning. Many made it out and evacuated asap but unfortunately most families weren't prepared. I started to really panic when i heard elderly patients were screaming and crying while being loaded into ambulances for better shelter. That broke my heart & i started to worry thnx for all the kind words of faith and encouragement just prepared to help anyone who needs it after 1:00 a.m comes since a kid I've grown to love this city and it's people. Lots of older people. So friendly. It was sad to see them scared especially today. I love these people more than i could love any sports team. I felt vulnerable with my wife and daughter next to me as I'm boarding up the windows the best i could on a ladder I've never climbed before that's when it hit me. Next time. Everyone. We just gotta leave. I don't even know what to fully expect with a strong category #2 I've never experienced anything other than outer wind bands but I'm 7x less scared than sound of category 4 or 5 & Tampa Mayor saying we're about to get hit in the face. Damn i need a Newport Powers out right now but still have full charge & lots of backup phone chargers with juice about 2 1/2 hours until my city bends and praying doesn't break. I'm praying these waters don't hurt us because we're the only pinincuila inside entire state of florida. It's weird out. The storm has sucked away lots of our beaches. I'm little worried again just don't care for the sounds these trees are making when it's only 10:30 that means it's still 2.5 hours away from us and winds are like howling already. Im about to put my headphones on & follow live coverage see what their now saying fingers crossed for a broken eye & very light cat two. Here goes

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

how are things.......remember help yourself and family first and then others. people are real vulnerable and unpredictable during these times so be careful.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This Irma kid really packs a wallop the likes of which we haven't seen