Another game that we seen our Jets lose. Well. At least it's just a game.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 10, 2017.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm just worried i don't lose my city. Tampa mayor a couple of minutes ago just warned and stated that we're all about to get smacked in the face. To make it worse not only is Florida this continents only pinincuila but our city of Saint Petersburg is Florida's only city that's also a pinincuila being fully surrounded by 3 bodies of warer. Large masses of water. Could be as destructive to St.Pete as Andrew was to Miami. I'm worried and scared the closer this thing comes to my town & ready to bunker in bathroom. We have not been hit directly since the 20's damn near 100 years ago. The Tampa Bay population was only 10k (10,000) people. As of today we have a little over 3 million people and 260,000 alone within our small city of St.Pete. Being surrounded by water everywhere. I'm scared. But i didn't have the heart to leave people behind I'm mentally prepared for frontlines to help as many children elderly people and pets as possible throughout the aftermath with shelter, gallons and gallons of water & foods to last month's. Our power could be out for weeks on end. As i was watching our team lose. For the 1st time ever as a fan. I was not bothered by today's loss. I'm just hopefull I'll have a city to call home tomorrow a.m. It's so calm out right now. So peaceful. But this entire area is a ghost town. I'm 32. Been here in St.Pete since H.S @ 15 years. 17 years later and I've never seen ppl of this area on west coast so scared. Up until yesterday we were all expecting Miami & East Coast to be attacked as usual. Our almost 100 years of luck has ran out. Coming straight for us here in TB & sadly most of us on west coast weren't prepared to leave & evacuate from a storm coming from the Atlantic East Coast. Fk these weather machines and weather predictions if TB natives knew what we knew as of yesterday like say 3-4 days ago we would have all left. I've never feared another man. Never even another storm. But this is different right now i can say that I'm worried about this storm & scared for others. Even Wal-Mart is closed and that's a first. Thnx you all for all your prayers for Florida we'll need all of them especially here in Tampa Bay.

Jets69, NYJ79 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I can't imagine what that's like. Thinking of you, and good luck.

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Stay safe brother

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Best to ya, life >>> football.

5. Wishing you safety & health..

That goes for everyone in Florida

6. Faux machine

Fix'd

FJF likes this.
  7. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Kick that storm's ass, DWC.

8. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Stay safe man

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Imagetpaid

#9 Dierking, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Praying for you and all residents of florida

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prays are with you and your family.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm scared for my daughter kloe she's only 6. I've avoided watching the news so she's not scared or to see the destruction. I don't want her confused she's innocent to life and doesn't know what death or evil is i told her for tonight in order to protect her from being scared that thunder, lightning, rain, water & wind are all meeting in the sky tonight and throwing a sky party for God. She laughed and smiled I didn't know what else to say to her for whats about to happen while boarding my windows with wood as a father i have a soft spot for this girl she's made me a better person i hope when the storm comes thru that she'll be at peace i know my family will be o.k i just don't want this storm to change her character and personality into a nervous wreck of a kid and our lil puppy Rocky he's already acting weird. I'm worried so i can vent to fellow jets fans here but i gotta stay calm for my lil family. It feels better knowing everyone in Florida isn't left alone in prayer i feel blessings coming our way thnx you

#12 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

bro, settle down. forget the data. its coming and there is nothing to stop it. now it has weakened somewhat and that trend will continue. it will sound like a train and you will find yourself wishing it would stop even for a minute or 2 ........

now, landfalling canes produce rain and tornado threat. so, hunker down in a central area with some water, towels, and flashlight. the waiting is the worst so get ready. i have no idea how flood prone ur area is but if i recall most of the bay area isn't too bad......and i know u folks have decent storm drainage.

building codes in FL are superb and most damage is falling trees, roofs becoming dislodged, and lanai's crumbling. not necessary from sustained winds but from tornadoes, microbursts, and extreme gusts.

good luck, think clearly, and keep your ears open. you get thru this.

FJF likes this.
  14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thnx you in life if defense really wins championships my home is defended pretty tight. Windows boarded. Damn near 100 gallons of water to share for others + 20 bags of frozen ice. Sand bags galore. Flashlights. Batteries. Foods to last for months. Backup cell phone batteries fully charged. Bathroom already prepared for bunker with foods water blankets pillows and huge mattresses to hide under over the tub. I've never been thru the heart of a hurricane over the years just outter wind bands from Orlando two hours away and I'm just hoping i prepared us o.k we're on the 2nd floor so im not scared of drowning but im sure my car will be under water completely but i don't care i just want my windows to hold i am scared of winds coming into my place i hope it doesn't

16. Faux machine

The more relaxed you are and the more you can make it a "game" the better it'll go, my oldest is also 6.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thnx you. But TB is surrounded by water like no other area in FL. The flooding could be katrina like. The scariest part is it's almost been 100 years since our last storm meaning that our preparation for what's about to come has been overlooked, underestimated and not prepared for we've always thought this area was bullet proof so to say. But i thank you it sounds like you've lived through one of these before I'm just ready for it already you're right the wait is horrid i feel drained waiting for it. I don't know what to expect and for how long we'll be without help or electric power im just proud of myself for saving 120 hours of paid time off (3 wks) because 90% of my job has already used theirs since January. I'm a workaholic so i hope that part will ease the minds of my family we'd be frantic if no checks coming in savings aren't where i need be just yet

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

its not katrina nor andrew.......the center looks to go right over tampa. you will get some piling up of water on the east facing shores of south tampa and st pete east of 275 up into safety harbor. then as the storm gets on top of you the south facing shores will get a decent surge, thinking 6-7 feet. high tide is 6:00 pm for the bay so it will be receding. the south to north approach works in your favor.....your area is most vulnerable if a storm shoots at you from the WSW direction. thats not the case here.

be cool and keep the eyes and ears open. flashlights and lanterns will be very helpful after sundown.

19. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I am in Lithia Florida in Eastern Hillsborough County.

We have not had a hurricane for 12 years or so. Unfortunately, it is our time. Its probably not as bad as it could have been. Best of luck.

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I am actually happy tonight, I look forward to many more loses. This may be the happiest I am about this team in a long time.

Jets69 likes this.