Andre Roberts Signs with Bills

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Falco21, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes, he wanted to re-sign. He was pissed the Jets didn't want him back. He made some comments on twitter yesterday.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A guy couple of posts back says different to you oddly?

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I guess you have to ask him then..or go looks at encarceratedbob's twitter and the comments Roberts made regarding not being re-signed.

4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Wish we could've kept him. Was a good player for us. Tough loss but I think we'll be ok.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah, this hurts. I have no idea why they wouldn't even try. It sounds like the Demario Davis situation last year. A very productive player, but wasn't even given an offer.

6. K'OB

Tbh I probably won't care as he is no longer a Jet, it was just a comment on how people instantly blame Mac for every godforsaken thing that pisses me off to read on a daily basis.

Myself, I think hmm why wouldn't a deal have been offered to a pro bowl returner?

Maybe lots of reasons, maybe Roberts is talking shit about no deal being offered, maybe he wanted double what he got last season, maybe Mac just signed another guy that can do returns but can also play as a WR better and thought it was a waste of a roster spot.

I would have re-signed him myself at the correct price.

Well that's enough cares given now I think :)

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

brad smith and leon washington were both pro bowl returners for us , so not sure what you are talking about. people freaked when we let leon walk and brad smith came in and there was no drop off.

I know not anyone can return kicks, but crowder who we just signed has returned punts and done well. we could also draft one too. roberts is 31 and outside last year with the jets, has done nothing his entire career.

FJF and jilozzo like this.
  8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

LOL.....2 probowlers and the jets let them walk.

same ole jets. LOL

9. GasedAndConfused

a journeyman kicker and kick returner both of whom have been passed around the NFL. roberts is 31 and on his 6th team now. Myers was cut by the jags in 2017, seattle signed him after that, then released him in the summer when he lost the kicking competition there so the jets picked him up. There is no indication either are worth the money they got or that they can repeat their sucess they had last year with the jets.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

KOB I don't know what Roberts wanted ,,,do you ? I have read what he possibly wanted but I also have not seen wh
    Jeremy Kerley says hi----thats a good example of what I am talking about. As someone else said when Westhoff was here our special teams were usually very good that said he's been gone for 7 years now

11. GasedAndConfused

kerley was just a bad returner. that is 1 person. roberts is obviously a better returner but far from irreplaceable. we also have crowder now who can return punts. cannon can take a shot at kicks again or crowder or a draft pick. KR is the least of my concerns. sure it's exciting and helpful when they take it to the house but realistically speaking 90% of all kickoffs end in a touchback in the NFL so you get to return maybe 1 out of every 10 and if our defense steps up we shouldn't be getting so many chances.

I just looked at 2018 and the jets had the most returns at 46. the NFL average is about 30 a year or less then 2 a game. there was only 5 KR TDs in the entire NFL. that is in a total of 256 games with 2 teams in each game obviously. the NFL is phasing out kick returns anyway

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I think when Cannon was put back there early last year and in training camp / preseason he handled the ball like a greased pig but again I could be mistaken .Also I know that Crowder can return kicks but I don't think his best season of doing it came close to anything that Roberts did last year,,,,as I said I hope they do replace Roberts with someone who is just as good if not better. Field position is huge and should not be taken for granted and the same goes for the kicking game but I stray

13. GasedAndConfused

yeah cannon couldn't hold onto the ball but that can be fixed with training. Roberts also in his 6 years as a kick returner before joining the jets, never had a season like that either and has been on 6 teams now. The chances of him repeating that season again are pretty slim. Last time he had a return TD before the jets was 2015 with the skins, they let him walk after that. he went to detroit for 1 year and they let him walk, then went to atlanta for a year and they let him walk. now to the jets for 1 year and we let him walk. no team has kept him for more then 1 season since 2014 it's really no big loss

14. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Apparently he just said playing the Jets twice a year was one of the reasons to sign in Buffalo.

Did we do anything to upset him?

I mean, I don't care but wasn't sure that we treated him poorly.

Fuck him.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I get it you have said quite a few times he's no big loss. Time is going tell but I would rather have the guy who has proven he can do it and did it well then the guy who needs training because you wouldn't want him to holding your baby-----lets see who they replace Roberts with and how it goes before we say no big loss

16. K'OB

Nope, this is the reason why I have not slagged off our management for letting him go, that was my point tbh. :)

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This. I don't understand his beef with us.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I see what he signed for but can't find anywhere what we offered ----> maybe we offered nada and let him walk ?

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It's not the end of the world. He's cutting corners on special teams and it seems the league is trying to do away with kick returns with all the penalties that get called.

It would've been nice to bring them back.

Why Catanzaro to replace Myers? I don't like kickers that have the stigma of missing big kicks. He's one of those guys and they don't recover from it. Follows them wherever they go.

Been there, done that. Doug Brien, look how the Bears season ended. Should've brought in someone else.

20. GasedAndConfused

Roberts didn't prove anything until here last year.