Andre Johnson to the Colts

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Poeman, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Great move for him...Luck will have the most explosive offense in the league

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is funny!

I got an update earlier today that said he had 8 teams interested in him and he was starting off with Indy. Said he was gonna "take his time" with the decision and spend days thinking about it.

Umm......

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Frank Gore, ex-Miami teammate flew to Indy with him...No way he would have gone anywhere else, he knows Luck is elite

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Exactly. It was funny reading that because I told myself, there is no way he leaves Indy without a deal

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Whoa

thats alot

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The Dolphins should have pursued Johnson. I dont know what they're going to do at receiver. They lost Hartline and Gibson. Wallace has become a locker room distraction and doesnt even fit Tannehill's strengths.

7. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Its hilarious they blew their load on Suh and severely weakened their offense. Without Clay (presumably), Gipson and Heartline all you are looking at is Wallace and Landry, and probably a first round wr pick. Should be fun watching the dolphins lose and Suh to start acting out and being his typical douche self.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really cant figure out what they're doing. The goal should be to help give their young QB (who I like) some weapons to put him in the best position possible to succeed. There were some more than capable players who were available either thru trade (Marshall, Graham) or FA (Johnson, and Maclin) and the Dolphins have stood pat. I'd actually consider going after Harvin if I was them. Tannehill needs help and rookie receivers dont always make an immediate impact, especially when you consider the best 2 will probably be off the board by the time they pick.

9. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Well folks, looks like Indy has done themselves quite well in the FA market. Could be quite an explosive offense. And with Luck a year older and smarter behind center, IMO looks like they are getting back to the elite status they enjoyed just a few short years ago.

10. FriendlyDolphin

Our rookie out produced them both gibson and hartline in TDs and yards combined. Do you guys even watch them? Gibson was straight up garbage and hartline had 2 TD and 400 yards and being paid loads on money, easy cut. 3rd and 4th receivers aren't hard to replace in a deep draft or any draft for that matter but matthews can easily replace gibson. So we can draft a WR to be our 3rd who will more than likely be more productive then both of them. And wallace can keep being a locker room distraction (didn't see that last year) if he keeps getting them double digit TDs.

11. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I didnt say Gibson and Hartline were all that good, but they need to be replaced. And Wallace melted down in the final game of the season last year and was pulled from the game. That's pretty bad. He hasnt been the same player since he left Pittsburgh.

Landry is a nice player, but he plays the slot. He averaged less then 50 yards a game with all those receptions, he should only get better but you need another guy on the outside, and it can take rookies a year or two sometimes to develop into quality players. They all dont come in and produce right away. I would have been looking for a stop gap player to help Tannehill out is all. Preferably a bigger bodied receiver like a Marshall or Johnson. JMO

12. FriendlyDolphin

All we have to do is replace hartline which should not be hard at all and let's be honest he can't break tackles to save his life and is anti-TD/redzone players (which is why his all high is 4 TDs and that was when he was the number 1 option!). Marshall has a bigger record in scenes in the locker room than wallace so no reason to suggest him (especially his crying in the locker room after losing to us last season) but Johnson would of been nice but not for that contract at his age. Draft is easily the better option like we did with Landry. Parker might fall for us too where in that case I'm positive he'll out produce hartline in his first year. I do agree we need a red zone target. And the bold statement is completely untrue no offense, he had a career high in TDs and we have eliminated going deep in our playstyle last season which was his biggest strength. If tannehill could hit the deep ball he could have up to 5 more TDs and much more yards. He's vastly improved in his route running (that's why he can still produce well without the deep ball)which was his biggest weakness in pittsburg. Nonetheless he said he will be willing to reconstruct his contract.

13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The TD's are nice but he's nowhere near as productive as he was during his time in Pitt. He's regressed, just look at his YPG. And I think it's simply cause his strengths dont match Tannehill's. I'm not saying he's a bad player but he's paid like a number 1 and he's not. You guys would have been much better off keeping Marshall who has cleaned up his act since being diagnosed with that disorder.

You can find guys in the draft but you can also miss. I thought Andre was a sure thing and a good fit for you guys is all. I think you guys are close to getting over the hump and getting into the playoffs which is why I would have looked to FA to address this need with a proven commodity.

14. FriendlyDolphin

His stats has regressed but I think it's pretty clear that's not his fault. You know wallace biggest strength is the deep ball and tannehill can't hit it so you shouldn't fault him for that. His ability hasn't regressed in anyway or you just haven't been watching. His route running has improved and he no longer needs the deep ball to produce like he needed in pittsburg. He is overpaid tho but so are many receivers like hartline, if he wasn't stretching the field for our other receivers and producing lots of TDs I would of cut him ages ago. And yeah Marshall is a stud wish we did keep him but doubt the fins knew he was available. But if we ever want to get over the hump like you said it needs to be in the draft like all good/great teams. The receivers in this draft are looking very nice.

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Thats the point i'm making when I say his strengths dont match Tannehill's. Wallace is a down field threat who is handicapped by the fact that Tannehill doesnt throw a good deep ball. He's not unproductive but he's not the player your paying for because of it.

16. FriendlyDolphin

I was just correcting you that you say he regressed which I thought you meant that by his ability when it's his stats went down. But yeah he's being overpaid but he helps. Scores lots of TDs, stretches the field for our other WRs which helps a lot since you seem to know a bit about tannehill you'll notice he's spreaded the ball to many receiving targets this year not just 1 or 2.

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Great move for Johnson and a great pickup for the Colts.

Luck is going to resurrect his career there for him.

Happy for Johnson, by all accounts a really really good dude.

_

18. FriendlyDolphin

AJ will have trouble getting used to the fact he has a good QB throwing to him. He can put monster stats again with the colts. Even at his age.

19. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Not all accounts, there are a lot of people in Houston that hate him for their own reasons, and if he had done the stuff he did in HOU with the Jets if he were here people would be categorizing him with "Mevi$" LOL

But I have always liked him. He'll get double teams with Cro and a safety when we play them and probably catch 4 passes for 55 yds no TDs