AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

At this point I watch out of habit but not expecting much. Hopefully there is a big uprising to take out Rick, that could get things back on track with making it watchable again.

Jets_Grinch and FJF like this.
  2. The Waterboy

Sad Zombie news, Z Nation has aired it's last episode. It had been trailing off the last couple of seasons so no surprise there. Going to need another zombie show to take over since it seems TWD is no longer about the zombie apocalypse.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I find much entertainment in all the ways Gale Ann Turd can totally fuck this show up. She is like the Michelangelo of bad producers.

RIP Z Nation. It had a good run.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

What about Fear The Walking Dead?

I don't watch any of the zombie stuff anymore, except for TLOU playthroughs on YouTube/Twitch to hold me over until Part 2 is released.

5. The Waterboy

At least Z Nation realized it was time to close it out. TWD will still be pumping out less than mediocre edisodes when Judith is wearing dentures and Depends. The really sad part is I'll probably still be watching.

FJF likes this.
  6. The Waterboy

I still watch FTWD but at this point it's more because it is just ingrained in me to be on my couch at 9:30 on a Sunday night with it on. I'm sure it will soon be added to the shows that are in my DVR that I just watch when I have time during the week

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone still watching this show? I tried to watch the new season and instantly was bored out of my mind. I think this has run it's course. Maybe I just don't have interest anymore.

8. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Read the comics, which did finally end. So much better than the show. You'll know most of the major plot points, but the characters are a lot different.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah it's getting pretty rough. It's been quite downhill for the last few seasons but this season so far has been awful. No characters anyone really cares about. no actual conflict that matters. no good villain (neagan, the governor etc), at this point zombies aren't even a real threat. All the characters that were liked have left the show pretty much. michone and daryl have been watered down to pointless characters. It just seems they are trying to make up of too much lost stuff and can't pull it off. the whisperers aren't that interesting and last weeks episode of nothing but alpha and beta was boring trash. I'm to the point where i might just give up on the show myself as well. and nobody cares that they are bringing maggie back either

10. The Waterboy

I'm still watching when it is on, well recorded that is, I'm to the point when it is on I'll wait to have a few saved on the DVR. Gotten really bad at this point but I'm in too deep to stop watching now.

Real reason for bumping this thread, Isle of the Walking Dead, with Maggie and Negan, coming sometime in 2023. It's set in Manhattan 12 years after the start of tge apocalypse. Showrunner is one of the writers, Eli Jorné, here's to hoping it doesn't suck.

Other 2 in the works is Daryl in France and Rick/Michonne series also coming next year.

Looks like Isle of TWD and Daryl's series will be on AMC and Rick/Michonne will only be on AMC+. The Rick/Michonne series is replacing what was going to be a 3 movie series.

At this point I don't have any hopes of these being good but maybe I'll be surprised.

There is also Tales of TWD that starts this week. Looks like going to be back in Atlanta at the beginning.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You know what they say: Quantity over Quality! :D

Since writing that post 3 years ago, I also caught up with the show. It occasionally has good episodes and storylines. Not like it used to be though. I'll watch the final episodes and then give some of those spinoffs a chance, but it is unfortunate how the show spiraled out of control. Basically ever since Negan showed up (which is ironic because he is a good character), but definitely after Rick left the show.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Things like TWD continuing to roll in dough despite a resolute dedication to suck... it's like people are so programmed to watch something beginning to end since they were brainwashed by Lost.

13. The Waterboy

I usually do throw in the towel when series start getting bad but I think I kept hanging on thinking they'll come back better and before I knew it they've strung together consecutive terrible seasons. I was too far gone at that point. Like with the Jets.

Royal Tee and abyzmul like this.
  14. The Waterboy

Well it's been a while

Yes, I am still watching all TWD series. Thought TWD: Dead City with Maggie and Neegan was not very good but I did like TWD; Daryl Dixon. Both had 6 episode opening seasons, Daryl Dixon series seemed to try to get back to TWD roots a little, we'll see if season 2 can ramp it up some. Daed City, meh, i watched it in between naps on the couch so obviously did not hold my interest much.

Both are already renewed for season 2 as the money grab continues. Risk's spin off comes in February and Fear the Walking Dead has it's final 6 episodes starting this month on the 22nd.

15. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Was Fear the Walking Dead any good?

For Walking Dead alternatives check out Black Summer on Netflix