AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LOL I was wrong.

They aren't milking this season so they can have a big season finale with the big fight.

They're going to do another gratuitous cliffhanger and stretch it until the next season.

Pathetic.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah it was pretty great to be able to do. i watched the entire thing on netflix at my leisure and when i wanted to. there were quite a few nights that i just stayed up way too late watching. BUT its really ruined tv for me. i cant wait 7 or 8 years to watch a tv show i know is good. i dont even want to wait for the season to come out all at once i would rather watch the entire goddamn thing when i want.

3. alleycat9

dexters problem was john lithgow, he was so fucking phenomenal that the seasons following couldnt ever be as good as what was it season 4? i still enjoyed it through to the end. i would definitely like to see it reappear elsewhere one day, it was a good show and they left an out at the end for it to reappear.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yeah we're pretty spoiled with how we watch things in this era. There's a few shows on Netflix that I'm so tired of waiting to come back. Then when they do, I'll watch the season in 2 days, and have to wait a full year again.

It makes sense to wait for a show to be done before you watch it, but I feel like you don't process as much information of a show if you binge watch it. It kind of all blends together.

As far as Breaking Bad goes, I got into it after the first 2 seasons were out, thus it was a little binge, followed by a long wait. That show was worth the wait at least.

Jets_Grinch and alleycat9 like this.
  5. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Just watched last weeks episode, which shows how far this show has fallen from the totem pole of life. Thankfully Homeland has kicked up back into gear.

Review: Just like most episodes this season... "Whatever."

6. alleycat9

do you guys think the show has run its course at this point? I have to assume they have at least a few more years worth of shows that could be done. seems like even the biggest fans don't care at this point and the huge following it had has dwindled pretty significantly.

or can it make a comeback? and what would it take to make that comeback?

7. John Lombardo

I would like to think it can make a comeback.

I am more annoyed by my level of disappointment in the show. Huge Jeffrey Dean Morgan fan, Negan is a great character, was a huge fan of last season minus the last episode.. The first episode this season is probably the best episode in the entire series.

It sank like a rock, and the timing/writing/effects/everything has just screamed B movie. It's like all these actors/writers got famous and are starting to move onto other things and don't give a shit anymore. There seems to be no TLC anymore. Just pump out 16 episodes and move on.

What I hated the most, was they seemed to listen to one 1 thing from fans; and that was Negan was getting on their nerves. I thought he was the freshest thing to happen to the show this season, and he has been pretty much out of view.

I will give it a chance next year, with the hope that they look at the sinking numbers and realize that next season can really make or break the show.

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. abyzmul

I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but his acting as Negan fucking sucks.

He has been over-acting so badly that I'm always waiting for his shitty scene to end.

I saw an interview with him before this season started where he talked about how he saw one frame of the comic where Negan was kind of leaning back in this strange posture and he thought that was so cool.

Now every scene he's in, he's leaning back in some weird unnatural posture and he almost looks like he's got a spina bifida issue, it's awkward and unnecessary. He took that one frame literally and he's trying to turn that into his character. He's just not that good of an actor.

If he really wanted to emulate the character, he should have taken his cue from the writers and emulated Henry Rollins, who they actually based the character on.

His acting job sucks and is embarrassing to watch.

9. John Lombardo

Haha yes I admit the over acting is definitely real with Dean Morgan acting as Negan.

I think they are using too many lines from the comics directly into the show, and it isn't working as well as it did in print. But other than that, he was a fresh character and in a show where all they do is find shelter/kill zombies/kill humans/die, I appreciated the newness of the character.

10. abyzmul

Every once in a while I get sucked into watching the stupid ass aftershow and all they do is sell it as "It's not about the zombies"!!!

My problem is that they don't really do anything but use the zombies as a drama break between bad plot points and bad writing.

Gale Anne Hurd.. fuck that overrated twat.

11. John Lombardo

Thoughts?

Good episode, but even the twists seem to lack imagination.

Garbage people acting like pieces of garbage? Saw that coming from a mile away.

Sasha using the pill that Eugene gave her? Saw that coming from 200 miles away.

Still, the audience was so desperate for action that has been insinuated for about 8 episodes that it being present made it enjoyable. I have never seen so many bullets fired to actual hits ratio in a tv show gun fight.... Must have been like 75 to 1.

but I can't get over my total disappointment for this season. You could have watched the 1st episode and the last episode, and I think you could have pieced together the episodes/content you missed and not miss a beat.

Worst season since 2, the slogan of next season should be "we know, we owe you."

dawinner127 and NYJalltheway like this.
  12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Really disappointed. It looked like that kid was about to have that fuckin hat beat into his midbrain. Oh well.

mute likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

good episode, wrapped up the season neatly. i don't think they dared do a cliffhanger this season so i give them credit for knowing the temperature of the room.
    to the bolded, you must be too young to remember the A Team.

my biggest question was how did the tiger know who was on each side?

but yea, definitely the worst season yet.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. alleycat9

it was ok... i didnt see the garbage ladies turning, that surprised me. i figured that michonne would get a shot to kill negan or at least wound him, i did not expect the tiger situation. that was kind of corny, but everything the tiger does is corny. could have just not even put the tiger in the show.

it was obvious that sasha would take the pill. i thought it was ok even with it being so blatant, i think they meant it that way.

i agree it was not a good season, it was all over the place and its become too predictable. there is no reason you cant have a season finale battle in the middle of a season. its not going to turn people off to the show, its going to draw them in. i think they need to refocus instead of trying to bring 3 or 4 different groups into it. focus more on developing whats going on with the main parts of the show.

the only person they did ok with this year was eugene. nothing else of any substance really happened. nothing notable and i dont feel like the characters grew or developed very much at all. i think they counted on negan being so phenomenal and the character is just really kind of boring and doesnt do much for me. the governor was a much better bad guy.

and there are a shit ton of saviors. a complete shit ton. time for guerilla warfare or moving on.

John Lombardo likes this.
  15. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

No one important died. Zero cares. As far as I'm concerned, pretty much nothing happened.

Also, JDM's acting as Negan is the only thing good left in this damn show. If no one good can die, it's no longer worth it. Last character I liked that died was Beth.

16. John Lombardo

Agree 100 percent. I think it had a tough shake in terms of my opinion, because I just watch how Man in the High Castle expanded characters/world and gave them more depth in season 2 and it was executed so much better.

Not that the shows are comparable, but they both went through the same thing of having to expand the depth of their world/characters.

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain why Sasha turned?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

18. FJF

she took the poison pill Eugene gave her that he originally made for neegans wives

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Better question is why did she take the pill? That still confuses me. Did she think sacrificing herself would stop Negan from killing others? Clearly that would not work. She did not want to be used to hurt her friends right? But just dying doesn't help her friends either. I missed the point I guess.

Agreed with everyone the season was really bad. Kind of odd that my favorite character is Negan now. He is the only one that seems to be fresh each week and his actions make sense. Everyone else has been all over the place (in a bad way).

20. FJF

It was her last effort to kill neegan, almost worked too. thats why she agreed with him that only one person had to die.
    I like neegan, the simon character is good too. Eugene has been a favorite of mine for a while. i hope the expand Jerry's role, i think that has potential

The Dark Knight likes this.