AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Same. I can't tell if he is being serious right now or doing it to survive. We will see.

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the one thing thats for sure is he feels safe and he just absolutely loves to make shit up to help himself. coming clean about all the bs a couple years ago was brutal for him, he just has a talent for bullshitting people. hes like a used car salesman.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Last night I officially accepted that Walking Dead has become a show of fillers leading up to 1 moment per season... and potentially a cliff hanger to be answered the following season.

Last night's episode was pretty good still, but let's be honest though and accept absolutely nothing happened... and that was reinforced when the garbage people said "get more guns." Rick could have woken up in the hospital and it was all a dream, and that story would have had just as much nothing as last night's episode in terms of driving the story.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LOL the "garbage people". What a worthless plot device. And I think they're actually supposed to be the Whisperers, which is even sadder.

jetfan59 and John Lombardo like this.
  5. John Lombardo

I think they are too... I was thinking how they were going to transition the Whisperers from comics to TV without it ending up awful, and it seems the creators thought it was not possible either.... Some things just don't translate well.

If they aren't Whisperer replacements, its' even worse they exist.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, last night was terrible. People complained about the show being too dark, so they have made light episodes is second half of the season. Problem for me is after the seriousness of the first half, this lightness doesn't make much sense. Kinda ridiculous. Still, we know where we are heading so that should be good.

7. abyzmul

Said this in November

These writers suck, and Gale Ann Turd is likely the reason why.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the special effects have also sucked this season. The only thing that looks to have been modeled well is the tiger.

9. John Lombardo

Maybe I am just hating on the show at this point, but the whole "Morgan is losing his mind again" just felt extremely forced to drive the plot somewhere everyone and their mothers knew it was going... That Carol would find out about Big Red/Glenn and the Kingdom would get it's motivation to fight.

People Morgan have known longer have died, but he seemed to be fine. This kid who he just met is all of a sudden like a son to him, and his death would send him back to being off his rocker?

When Morgan accidentally called Benjamin "Duane," the name of his son, all I could think of was a sarcastic "please...." I didn't find that to be a good piece of writing.

10. abyzmul

3rd episode from the end of the season... GIRL TALK!!

FJF likes this.
  11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol. We have the winds of war stirring and a need to organize and strategize, and these two rogue bitches have to fuck it all up :rolleyes:

FJF likes this.
  12. John Lombardo

That episode was pretty good... This season has been my least favorite since season 2 and probably will take over 1st place because of my disappointment level. I really liked last season until the cliff hanger.

Am I the only one who thought the scene where Maggie and Daryl are going into the basement looked like it was a b movie set? I am not sure if it was the filters, or whatever, they had on the shot but it looked fake as hell.

I liked Negan/Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and he has pretty much gone invisible.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

they hvae had alot of bad scenes this year, that one was a little obnoxious but nowhere near as bad as a number of others this year.

i have no problem with seeing less negan this episode, he was in the last one quite a bit and they have developed him into almost an annoyance at this point. i actually dont like him and the character, he kind of annoys me. i think he is primed up at this point for the finale (s)

this season has been the worst one for me, i am torn on why. i used to watch it on netflix so season by season was only a matter of switching screens. i really dont like watching tv week to week anymore. it annoys the shit out of me. i would much rather watch the entire series on netflix like i did with soa and breaking bad.

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You got to binge breaking bad? Lucky mf

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. abyzmul

Binge watching shows that gradually get worse isn't all that great. I binge watched Boardwalk Empire and Dexter and seeing a show go from good to dogshit quickly is even worse than the gradual effect.

FJF likes this.
  16. John Lombardo

I streamed TWD until season 4, been watching it weekly since then. It has been good enough to keep me coming back... I was a huge fan of last season as well (except for the last episode).

I am 90 percent sure I am watching Homeland at 9 instead of TWD tonight, that show is just much better this season. Plus AMC will play it again at 11 or 12.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. Walt White

If I didn't record every single episode I would've quit on it a long time ago. I'm on it from the start so I watch, meh

I don't know if I could watch anything without recording it anymore, besides baseball, hockey and basketball. Yeah, I can hardly watch the NFL anymore.

18. abyzmul

I record everything (a lot of times sports, too), it's not worth suffering through commercials, I don't care how good the show is.

Even if I really want to see something more than the stuff I already have recorded, I'll wait until about 20mins from the start before I play it.

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm the same way with waiting. Luckily, or unlucky for me, my gf never stops talking so I can just pause, tune out, then when it's all finally over, I can skip all the commercials.

20. Walt White

Yep, that's basically what I've done for a long time now.

Any show I'm interested in I record. I watch the Jets on delay too a lot