Amazing how the stars aligned for the Jets...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Endlessly Counting, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Bills will be the basement dwellers of the AFC East, Brady is on his way out, Rosen is far far away in NFC West land, and the Dolphins gonna Dolphin. It is our time.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  2. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

First off your wrong, Matt Ryan threw 19 interceptions in 07, I don't know where you are getting 22. Second, if you think 12 fumbles by a QB, is anywhere near in the same realm of concern as an INT, then your in for a shock. Thirdly, no of that really matters at this point, you have a 50-50 shot a Darnold becoming a franchise QB, just like it was for Ryan when he was drafted. You'll know which within two years.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You're talking about Darnold's 22 turnovers, which includes fumbles... but want me to ignore fumbles for Matt Ryan? Sorry, not how it works.

Also do you think you're breaking news here about Darnold's fumbling issue? I mean the guy said himself last night that he worked on it all summer which means HE knows it's an issue and both the GM and coach answered questions about it. I think every person with two eyes and a brain knew it was a problem and yet most had him ranked as the highest QB in the draft.

But I will agree... at the end of the day it's 50/50. But to me there are two extreme ends of the spectrum that give you a pretty good idea whether or not a guy will pan out. Darnold is on the "probably is gonna be just fine" end while a guy like Allen is on the "probably never going to be fine" end. As most draft experts have mentioned at one time or another, Darnold is about as safe a pick as there is at QB.

4. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

We really lucked out this kid has a wide range of skills and he’s only gonna get better

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts last night. Icing on the cake was Miami not getting Rosen and he was drafted NFC out west. Remember though, Leo and Jamal both fell to us the last 2 years also

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  6. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Stats qibling

I get you're excited, but you should really temper your expectations, there's as much of a chance that this kid is out of the league or a random back in three years as there is he will be a franchise QB.

7. BroadwayAaron

Great point. I guess you're right.

8. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

I would agree stats aside, he's as safe a pick in terms of what the need was, and where he was picked, but as for the "he's probably going to be fine.", well you have a 50-50 shot on that.

9. BroadwayAaron

Of course it's all a 50-50. You can say that about any draft pick ever in the history of pro sports. I'm just saying there's more than enough evidence surrounding Darnold that says he's probably closer to 75-25.

10. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

He’s a scary hybrid of big ben and Aaron Rodgers

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Since its the "stars align" thread...

I was thinking we need an offensive lineman now in round 3 but what if the stars align again and Darnold's teammate, RB Ronald Jones is available.

He's a big play running back, like dare I say, Alvin Kamara. You gotta take him right?

#51 BrowningNagle, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Who gets cut then? Rawls or McGuire?

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Shades of The Dark McNugget.

Take Oline no matter what.