Allen Vs Mayfield at the 3 pick - what the film shows

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 26, 2018.

?

If Rosen and Darnold are gone, who would you pick with the 3rd pick?

1. Mayfield

63.2%
  2. Allen

36.8%
  1. People just cannot get past the accuracy thing. There are several indicators that his accuracy will improve & already has given the footwork. The funny thing is...once he gets ball placement figured out he'll be throwing darts all over the field.The fact he's gonna sit for the majority of the year & get better w. NFL coaching only furthers the idea that he's STILL getting better as a prospect. But that doesn't fit into the "Under 60%" narrative. It only makes sense that most of that crowd prefer Mayfield b.c numbers seem to be the #1 criteria for prognosticating success with them.. Even when production isn't always what it seems on the college level..

I like Darnold & Rosen better than Allen...and I'm not even opposed to Mayfield. But it just drives me crazy that so many are so blinded by one single aspect of Allen's game driven by one solitary stat that they don't even see that this guy is a legit blue chip QB prospect.The right one for the Jets? Of course that's debatable & he's far from perfect. But I'll say this: Of all the QB prospects the Bills could leapfrog us to draft..none scare me more than Allen. His upside is Marino/Healthy Namath.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  2. abc

abc Well-Known Member

tcu- NOT a concussion
    clemson- NOt a concussion

He left both games but was Never diagnosed as having suffered a concussion.... he passed concussion protocol testing and sat out the rest of the game & played the very next week.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

http://newsok.com/article/5488431

Does that say 'two' in the bold? IDK I can't tell :rolleyes:

EDIT - BTW I may have gotten my dates wrong, if that is the case, my apologies - but the media has played this narrative that Rosen is far more injury prone. Its funny how people say Jackson is prone to injury (never missed a game btw) cause he runs, yet Mayfield is OK at being mobile had 2 concussions

Cidusii and GasedAndConfused like this.
  4. abc

abc Well-Known Member

No it's not... He IS More accurate than allen & he's A WINNER on top of it... allen IS NEITHER.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's because people would rather blindly hop on a bandwagon and quote useless stats and claim BS things like "he's a winner" (cough tebow and manziel) instead of watching the film. he'll even when i break it down with frozen pics and explanations showing mayfields lack of accuracy compared to allen, people are still blind and move the goalposts to "he's a winner" or some other non-sense. The more and more I dig into this, i'm highly against mayfield, but i do like allen more and more each day. I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he goes before rosen and wouldn't even be unhappy if we took him over rosen. At this point I'd take allen, rosen, or darnold at 3 or trade back for jackson. basically nayone but mayfield. even his highlights are very unimpressive. nothing shows future NFL QB on his film. He's like that 1 guy at work that will BS his way into everyone's heart, even though he doens't do a good job ad after a while you wonder why he still works there

6. abc

abc Well-Known Member

you can read where it says concussions & you can read where it says he didn't suffer concussions but went through concussion testing protocol for precautionary measures...

keep reading

7. GasedAndConfused

Winning in college means nothing and he isn't more accurate, the entire post proves that, If you can't take the time to look at a post, then why take the time to comment. are you sure you aren't mayfields agent or mom? because that's the only explanation for your posts at this point

8. 101GangGreen101

holy shit, you cannot read?

Ralebird likes this.
  9. abc

abc Well-Known Member

watching film INSTANTLY tells you allen IS NOT an NFL QB... size/stature MEAN ZERO if you Can't play.

10. abc

abc Well-Known Member

I guess you're too obtuse to comprehend.

11. GasedAndConfused

then why is he making throws mayfield can't? why does mayfields film show him struggling to hit wide open targets and allen drops in 50 yard bombs with ease and throws Wrs open. You didn't watch any film, not did you even look at the film I broke down in this post. Go back, read it and if you have a gripe be specific. in other words, prove you aren't just talking out of your ass

12. 101GangGreen101

You are obviously taking the wrong pill. Time to wake up

13. 101GangGreen101

how about instead of writing 1 word sentences, go in and put in the amount of work that @SolidGoldBowles did in his argument.

That goes for anyone else btw

Ralebird, Brook! and GasedAndConfused like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Allen becomes an elite QB with his college stats, he'll be as much of a fluke as Brady. Your evaluation of Mayfield's film is very negative. It also isn't typical of what most people say about his film.

blackssmagic likes this.
  15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

If forced to choose between these two, it's Allen, but I don't think either are worth the #3 pick.

If we are in a situation where Rosen and Darnold are gone, which isn't likely, we are taking Barkley. I hope...

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is an Internet forum. We're free to disagree with SGB even if we don't have the time to write essays on the QBs.

Freddy Mondo and PennyandtheJets like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

you dont have to write an essay, post something constructive.

sometimes, you need to put up or shut-up. not being a hater, I just want to see better arguments in favor of Mayfield.

18. GasedAndConfused

it's not negative, it's evaluation. He struggles with ball placement down the field, he misses wide open targets often leaving them open to big hits or needing to adjust. he doens't throw WRs open, he doesn't hit WRs in stride, he can't drop passes in the bucket, he cna't throw across his body, he struggles throwing in the middle of the field. he struggles throwing outside the hash marks. he can't throw a seem route. he lacks anticipation, has trouble throwing to a spot and not the WR. I seen no fades, post routes, pylon routes, or anything you'd expect from an NFL QB. no slant routs over the middle, no throwing a WR open. He is very limited and would need a special tailored offense that wouldn't work in the NFL. when bellicheck has film on him, he'll come up with a defense that will make mayfield look like a bum. he won't cut it in the NFL and isn't worthy of a top 3 pick. Rarely do the best NFL QBs have the best college stats.

19. GasedAndConfused

we are in a position where we have to take a QB even if it's a reach. Barkley is not an option for us period. On top of that, allen is cementing himself as a top 5 pick so it's not much of a reach at all. he could even go before rosen.

20. GasedAndConfused

this^ something tangible