Alleged Bills Draft QB Rankings + Denver Trade

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 101GangGreen101, Jul 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think its BS too. Not so much for the colleges thing but it would be negligent to write down a list like that in general.

--For one, everyone who is in the know in the front office, already knows how they rank the Quarterbacks. You would never need to put it on a white board like that.

--Second, you run a huge risk of something like this happening! a janitor or anyone snapping a photo and everyone seeing

--And the worst part is the trade. If the GM is working on a deal, he would never need to put it on a white board like that. He honestly would tell very few people in the building in general the specifics, they would still be negotiating for one, they would never put it on a white board like that as if it was a done deal. You run the risk of spoiling the whole thing!

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I think this is a case of Haslam grabbing the wheel from Dorsey late in the game. I mean there was a ton of Darnold to Cleveland smoke for months. To the point they had him at the facility signing Browns helmets and he had a Brown tie on for the draft (and mother had brown nail polish) Jimmy Haslam fell in love with Mayfield and he made the pick.

The Giants also screwed up. Them passing on Darnold will haunt them for decades. I've seen "touched by God" running back and football players in general. Barry Sanders, Bo, Adrian Peterson. Sorry Barkley ain't that. Just watching him I don't see anything that would put him head and shoulders above a Dalvin Cook or Gurley or Zeke. He may have a great career. Or just a good career. Or an injury plagued career. RB's are too tricky to predict.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The Giants passing on Darnold was worse IMHO than Cleveland passing on him.

Mayfiled may be come a good or even great QB. Or he may bust--but they took the shot.

Unless Davis Webb is a star, they REALLY needed to take Darnold.

Even if Barkley becomes a top RB, it pales in comparison to a replacement FQB.

almbleamal and Leicester Jet like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I don't see it that way

the giants believe in eli. he will play another 2-3 years. their offense can be good with a healthy ODB , better o-line, and better RB. their defense was more talented then the stats led people to believe last year. they just kind of fell apart. They are gearing up to try and make 1 more run at a title before eli retires. they are in win now mode with a new coach and darnold wasn't going to help them do that in the next 2-3 years in the way barkely will. they also improved the o-line as well and had an overall good draft. but i don't see them as being more then an average 7-9 win team or winning a SB with eli again. I can't fault the browns for taking mayfield. while i think he we will be a bust, they needed a QB and took one. only time will tell if it was the right QB but they got the position they needed. I don't think anyone fucked up the top 3 picks. where cleveland really fucked up was taking a CB with the 4th pick instead of trading down to a QB desperate team or taking chubb. that was probably the first real fuck up of the draft

Sam Hammer likes this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

This is all opinion but if they "believe" in Eli for the next 2-3 years, they are more fucked than I thought.

And I like Eli but they could have been like Favre to Rodgers had they gone Eli to Darnold.

Crazy.

6. GasedAndConfused

giants don't operate that way. they basically fired their HC for benching eli and made him start eli again after the benching. I don't think you understand just how much the mara's love eli. They won't turn their back to him ever and he will start on that team for as long as he chooses

7. Rollo Tomassi

Dude, you’re like 15. I’ve been following the Giants since Fran Tarkington.

I know all about the Maras.

You think you know the Mara’s yet you understand nothing about the Browns and Haslam.

Stop.

8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Giants coach is bad. Shurmur is crap and most everybody knows it. Good assistant who is once again promoted to the level of his incompetence. Of the 4 coaches in that division he is 4 by far

9. GasedAndConfused

LMAO start with an insult to my age lol. my kids are almost 15 so nice try buddy.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Does anyone REALLY think that draftboard bullshit is real?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

His height

TonyFtLaud and GasedAndConfused like this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This joke falls far short of the joke where you try to give QB evaluations.

13. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Good for you. At least I try. You?