Alleged Bills Draft QB Rankings + Denver Trade

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 101GangGreen101, Jul 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

[​IMG]

1- Allen
    2 - Darnold
    3 - Mayfield
    4 - Rosen
    5 - Rudolph
    6- Lauretta

Also, you can see the offer for the Denver trade to move up to 5. It appears only the top 3 were worthy for that trade.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

whats the * 4/9 supposed to mean on mayfield?

3. 101GangGreen101

looks like a predraft visit ... they had a visit with Mayfield that week

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

ah makes sense. i wonder if the visit moved him up or down the board.

loks like the bills fell in love with allens huge arm though. it's funny because the jets/bills/browns all got the top QB on their board in this draft. guess time will tell who had the better scouts.

5. 101GangGreen101

Indeed. Meanwhile Rosen looked to have been the odd guy out in terms of the top 3 QBs in the draft.

Rosen and Lamar are going to make scouts pay for that one. Hopefully Darnold pans out and the other franchises suck cause of it!

Brook! and FJF like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

yeah i think teams were turned off by rosens personality and dinged him for it despite him looking better on film then anyone not named darnold.

i do agree that both rosen and lamaar look like they will be good NFL QBs. the problem with lamaar is many teams still aren't a fan of the mobile QB thing for some reason. reports are lamaar is looking good and will take snaps at QB this season.

LF911SC likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

Browns could've had it all this draft. Barkley, Lamar, and Ward ... could've gotten even more picks as well if they traded with BUF

8. GasedAndConfused

i would say barkley and mayfield most likely. or at worst mayfield and chubb or mayfield and a shit ton of extra picks

9. 101GangGreen101

they could've had barkley, lamar and either chubb or ward ... Lamar already 2nd string ahead of RG3, Lamar is going to be a threat to Flacco all year ... you gonna sit a QB down and play Taylor, Lamar would've been smarter ... more upside.

FJF likes this.
  10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

But if Lamar isn’t any good they’d get crushed for passing on Wentz and then the big 3 or 4.

LF911SC likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

same could be said for Mayfield. The Browns could've really hit this draft harder. If the Browns drafted those 3, you probably have a young offense that could really do some damage. Then you got 2 edge defenders in Garrett and Chubb. Big Ben is just about on his way out, who rules the North?

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Something tells me they just dug up some random old white board in the facility and put red marker on it.

Are teams really dumb enough to list their QB prospects by their college? If all their positional lists are like that it completely explains the haplessness. I vote fake. Allen at #1, and coming from a Bills insider? Yeah, they are just promoting Allen to make it seem like he was the best pick all along.

13. Rollo Tomassi

But Mayfield was one of the concensus big 3 or big 4.

Possibly be best or second best.

If they passed on him for a perceived second tier guy in Lamar and Lamar busts or isn’t ready for a while they would have gotten crushed.

If Mayfield busts they took the shot.

There is no way they could have passed on the perceived top QBs for Lamar.

Having said that, Lamar may end up being the best of the bunch but you can’t mske decisions with hindsight.

I personally can’t believe they didn’t take Darnold and Chubb.

14. 101GangGreen101

Russel Wilson was a 2nd tier guy and look where he is now. So was Derek Carr. The first or 2nd QB taken aren't always the best QB. Eventually the cream does rise to the top, but regardless you are taking a shot at a player you believe in. They obviously did not believe in Lamar. However, the Ravens did. So you have to see if the rich just got richer.

We will see in due time no doubt about it. Jets getting Darnold still shocks me to this day, perhaps someone up there is finally giving the Jets a break.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Rollo Tomassi

Wilson was a complete Hail Mary strike gold pick.

They had just signed what’s his name for an ungodly sum to be the franchise QB. Wilson was an afterthought.

Almost as lucky as the Brady pick.

You can’t draft that way.

wewantsapp and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Means If we stayed put Denver was taking Darnold. I think.

17. 101GangGreen101

Draft is a lottery. They signed Matt Flynn and Wilson stole the job. Wilson was one hell of a player in college, but a lot of people overlooked him.

I don't think there's a large gap between Baker and Lamar, Lamar is a little rough around the edges but his rate of improvement in college was outstanding and I think that will correlate to the NFL. I'm standing by that statement as well, even though Baker went 1.

18. GasedAndConfused

with lamaar they could have had like 2 extra picks too trading out of the 4 spot down with the bills plus barkley 1st overall

19. Rollo Tomassi

My point was, the Browns couldn’t afford to play the lottery, not at the one, not after passing on Wentz.

We have no idea of the truth about any of these guys but it was pretty universal that Mayfield was one of the top guys, likely going no lower than 3 to the Jets and Lamar was never in the conversation with the big 4.

We won’t know for a while but there is no way the Browns could have made that gamble after having passed on Wentz.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Like another poster mentioned. I'm shocked by Cleveland's drafting.

Not walking away with either of Darnold or Chubb was, and still is alarming.

To walk away without both, seemed impossible pre-draft.

Not taking Sam Darnold 1st overall shocked me. I'm sorry. But it made me laugh so bad on that couch gm of mine.

Then the passing of Bradley Chubb to pair opposite of Myles Garrett blew my mind. Myles Garrett & Bradley Chubb @ LOLB & ROLB? Would have potentially formed a deadly combo, a dynamic duo of pass rushing OLB's.

My older brother asked me instantly. What is CLE doing? I was speechless just couldn't stop laughing and smiling knowing that we just walked away with Darnold at CLE's expense.

Browns go Mayfield 1st overall right.
    Darnold is the next QB gone (3rd).

Browns pass on Chubb 4th overall right. Watch this: Denver takes Chubb with THE VERY NEXT PICK (5th).

The Jets were chomping at the bit to land Darnold (thnx to CLE).

And Denver literally jumped all over the opportunity to pair Chubb opposite of Von Miller.

Good lord Derek Carr, Philip Rivers and Patrick Mahomes II. Although that "good lord" statement should've been for big Ben Roethlisberger, Andy Dalton and/or Joe Flacco/Lamar Jackson.

Something tells me Cleveland got this draft wrong. Just all wrong.

How do you have two top 4 picks (1 & 4) and walk away without either of Darnold or Chubb, who were (both) on everyone's big board/top 5 picks? Weird.