All the makings of a big SOJ moment / but

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is true. But the trick is gonna be Sam surviving long enough behind that Oline to become a good QB.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Man, I really hope you're right J. I agree that this is another evaluation/rebuilding year so the W/L record doesn't really mean anything. I'm still calling 5-11 and praying Sam survives it.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Do you think the Jets will be thrifty this off-season with 97 million in the bank? I’m expecting them to spend like a drunken sailor.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i would hope so. if they want to dump money into a pass rusher like fowler im ok with tat. toherwise we should be frugal, build through the draft, add some lineman on modest deals, and roll that cap forward

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

if this was darnolds second year i would say yes the drunken sailor approach, to a degree, would be OK....as a QB's 3rd year is usually the year it really comes together if its meant to be. BUT next year will be year 2 and the jets should not spend to foolishly.
    Unfortunately the positions of need are 2 of the most expensive - LB and OL.

One good thing is that players will find this team more attractive due to the QB finally being in place.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Flower, Laurence,
    All good points. The Jets have a lot of people in contract years right now though.

Notables include: Enunwa, Kearse, R. Anderson, Pryor, Powell, McLendon, H. Anderson, Claiborne, and 4 members of the OL.

From a quick viewing, it looks like edge will be a major hole we can fill next offseason. If we splurge, I’m hoping it’s there. Not sure on the quality of the OL free agents, though.

Noam likes this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am hoping next year for a FA edge rusher and LG replacement for Carpenter and then invest in resigning our own FAs.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’ll be interesting to see which of our own FA’s actually deserve new contracts. 14 games to find out.

Noam likes this.
  9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i can see 2 rather large contracts coming on the books and it is likely they will be at LB and OL.