All Combine Info 2013

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ajax, Feb 13, 2013.

1. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/combine/live <-- Combine streamed online

http://www.nfl.com/combine/workouts?icampaign=NFL_Rewards_Combine_Workouts <-- Link is for the drills run at the combine & what scouts/coaches there are looking for with each exercise. Just learned about some of these position specific drills & figured it was worth sharing.

============
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/live <-- hour by hour TV breakdown or watch online.

============

Schedule

DAY 1 ARRIVALS*: Group 1 (PK, ST, OL), Group 2 (OL), Group 3 (TE)
    Wednesday
    February 20, 2013 Travel to Indianapolis* ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
    Thursday
    February 21, 2013 Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
    Friday
    February 22, 2013 NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
    Saturday
    February 23, 2012 On-Field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

DAY 2 ARRIVALS*: Group 4 (QB, WO), Group 5 (QB, WO), Group 6 (RB)
    Thursday
    February 21, 2013 Travel to Indianapolis* ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
    Friday
    February 22, 2013 Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
    Saturday
    February 23, 2013 NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
    Sunday
    February 24, 2013 On-Field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

DAY 3 ARRIVALS*: Group 7 (DL), Group 8 (DL), Group 9 (LB)
    Friday
    February 22, 2013 Travel to Indianapolis* ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
    Saturday
    February 23, 2013 Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
    Sunday
    February 24, 2013 NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
    Monday
    February 25, 2013 On-Field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

DAY 4 ARRIVALS: Group 10 (DB), Group 11 (DB)
    Saturday
    February 23, 2013 Travel to Indianapolis ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
    Sunday
    February 24, 2013 Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
    Monday
    February 25, 2013 NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
    Tuesday
    February 26, 2013 On-Field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

#1 ajax, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I appreciate Ajax starting this thread.

Good link!!

I changed the Title so we keep all combine info in this thread.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

4. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

An OLB candidate at the combine I'm interested in watching is Armonty Bryant of East Central (OK). I went to the Texas v the Nation game this year and he was CLEARLY the best player on the field. (There were a few other players I liked there, but only three guys invited to the combine.) Got a number of QB hits, drew a holding penalty in the backfield on a run to his side of the field, and made a one-armed tackled while engaged with the RT. Oh yeah, and he blocked a punt. I think his performance is what got him invited to the combine. He wasn't even ranked on NFLDraftScout's Top 750 list until the combine invite lol. I don't think they knew who he was.

He had 17.5 TFLs and 10.5 sacks this past year playing in 8 games. Honestly, his stats aren't as high as I'd expect playing against the level of competition he's played against, but he really showed up in the all-star game. It will be interesting to see how he does in the positional drills as an OLB after playing DE in college.

5. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I'm unfamiliar with him, myself, but I suppose it's possible that if he was the best player on the field, he was warranting double/triple teams every down, thereby holding down his personal numbers.

Just a guess...

6. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

http://www.cornerblitz.com/2013/Features/UTR-home.aspx

Under The Radar: Prospect List

Under The Radar: Armonty Bryant Defensive End -- East Central Oklahoma
    Armonty Bryant first caught my eye at the Texas vs. the Nation game on February 2nd in Allen, Texas. Big number 9 was clearly the best player on the field that day, as the 6'4", 260# guy with the white helmet was flying past offensive linemen with AQ conference logos. He seemed to be making an impact just about every play. Bryant hit the quarterback on several dropbacks, drew a holding penalty in the backfield on a run to his side, and made a one-armed tackle while engaged with the RT. I kept looking down at my roster so I would remember to check this guy from East Central Oklahoma when I got back home.

Armonty Bryant is a big, athletic, quick pass rusher. At his size, he looks like he can play 4-3 defensive end or 3-4 outside linebacker. Playing DE for the ECU Tigers, he rung up 19 TFLs, 13.5 sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles and 4(!) blocked kicks as a sophomore in 2010. His production dropped off quite a bit in 2011 as he managed only 12.5 TFLs and 3 sacks, but still managed to force 3 fumbles and block 3 more kicks. His senior year production was great, as he rung up 17.5 TFLs, 10.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and blocked 2 more kicks, but he missed three games in October due to a minor drug arrest for selling $20 bags of marijuana. At practice. To an undercover cop.

Bryant received an invite to the combine, so he won't be a sleeper for long. What teams will have to find out is, what kind of guy is he? Why did his production drop off so much his Junior year? Is he a talented guy who just didn't get the same start that the more lauded prospects from big schools? Or is he a knucklehead more concerned about taking iPhone picture of himself and selling weed than focusing on practice and getting better? Is he strictly a pass rusher or can he use his athleticism to transition to an OLB in a 3 man front? He will definitely be one to watch at the combine.

Under The Radar: Lamar Mady Offensive Guard -- Youngstown State
    The first time I heard of Lamar Mady was attending the Texas vs. the Nation game this year. I noticed a guy on the line for the Nation squad that looked smaller than everyone else. I watched him on one particular snap and was surprised to see what a great push he got. I watched again, and saw the same thing. Later in the game, I was impressed to see him completely lock out the rushing DT, then on the next play push him well back and out of the pocket, giving the QB all day to throw. I was still concerned about his size, but he was definitely the best offensive lineman on the field that day.

Lamar Mady is listed by his school as 6'3", 315#, and NFLDraftScout has him at 6'2", 314#. If he meets either of those numbers, he is plenty big enough to play in the NFL. Like a lot of these under the radar players, the level of competition he faced week in and week out wasn't stellar, and with essentially statless offensive linemen it's very difficult to compare candidates, but believe me that this guy can play. He will be a late-round steal for a club (and there are many) that needs a guard to help out on their line.

Mady received an invite to the combine, so you will see him in action soon. The most important part of his combine might just be the weigh-in. If he really is 6'2" (the same height as Top 10 player Chance Warmack and Pro Bowl alternate Andy Levitre) then there will be no question on whether or not he should get a shot at the next level. I'm not sure how he'll do in the timed events, but the guy can lock on to a defender and give him a nice punch.

Under The Radar: Rontez Miles Free Safety -- California (PA)
    I first was given the heads-up on Miles from draft junkie Shane Hallam as someone to watch at the Tx vs the Nation game. He didn't disappoint. Miles was active against both the run and the pass, knifing into the backfield in a goal-to-go situation stuffing the Texas RB. Later in the game, he made a "right place, right time" interception. He is a bit undersized, but it doesn't stop him from sticking his nose into the pile or making the big hit.

Rontez Miles is an attacking hitter as a safety. In his 48 career college games, Miles has racked up 257 tackles, including 23 TFLs and 4 sacks. He's also managed 10 INTs and 4 blocked kicks. While Miles isn't the most-polished tackler, he always seems to find the ball and delivers plenty of stopping power with his hits. He typically played very deep at FS but was also used as a coverage or blitzer from the slot. Miles was an enthusiastic and effective special teamer as well, which he'll likely have to show to initially make a squad this fall. His play reminds me a lot of David Sims of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Miles received an invite to the combine, so you will get to see him for yourself. Miles appears to have alopecia, so he will be easy to recognize. Undoubtedly, he will be asked by teams at the combine about many pictures on his MySpace account which show him flashing gang signs. Rontez, if you're reading this, it's time to put that kid stuff to bed. This is serious, and only first rounders get second chances.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Did anyone catch the Rex Ryan, Idzik interview today?

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

It's at 4PM.....probably going on now.

9. joegee

joegee Member

Idzik wisely said he is looking forward to getting to know Revis personally. League rules limit the contact allowed with players at this time. He will welcome Revis back to Florham Park,and is glad he's a Jet.
    Ryan says we will pick up our bats, and take our cuts at the plate.Got his sports confused.

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

http://nflsfuture.com/2013/02/21/jarvis-jones-skipping-combine/

Jarvis Jones skipping the combine. Considering the medical red flags, I really think he hurt himself here. Think he needs to start working on showing some more positives in front of scouts to change minds of teams still iffy on his condition.

Looks like he's skipping some medicals by skipping this combine also. Will there be medicals on the Pro Day? If not, teams will be forced to run their own medicals on him. Otherwise, the only medicals out there are the ones Jarvis Jones people are floating around, right?

#10 ajax, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  11. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

-- double post, sorry --

#11 ajax, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  12. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I agree... I think he took that "clean bill of health" thing from last week and is running with it. He's no lock for the top 6 like he must think.

13. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I'm really interested to see how Chris Jones, DT from Bowling Green does. His production is off the charts consistently for three years.

I also want to see Brandon Sharpe, DE/OLB from Syracuse. His game vs Pitt had a season's worth of highlights in it.

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

The Jets have held more than one meeting with Christine Michael, RB, Texas A & M.

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Terron Armstead, a 306-pound ... 4.65 40-yard dash. Insane. Gonna be faster than many of the TE that run it later.

16. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

chance warmack ran a 5.5 thats not very good

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's an interesting move on his part. His status going into the draft is going to be up in the air anyway due to the spinal stenosis thing. This doesn't put it any more up into the air I think, it just removes the possibility that he could move down based on his performance at the combine.

Put another way, if Jones blew people away at the combine they'd still have the spinal stenosis thing to consider. So he's not going to solidify anything based on going. The film on him is pretty good and now that and his pro day are what the teams will be evaluating alongside the medical condition.

If you're a talent evaluator for an NFL team you are probably looking for performance related issues to allow you to move Jarvis Jones down the board. You really don't want to have the pick tagged to you because it carries a lot of risk. Having Jones skip the combine makes it harder to move him down the board based on performance issues.

18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's slow. But I could care less how fast he runs the 40. I still want this guy.

19. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Barely any significance in 40 times with lineman, especially interior lineman.

20. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Lane Johnson is a BEAST , he's probably one of if not the top trade back canadite for me.