All 32 teams on hand for Western Michigan CB Sam Beal's Pro Day

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Jun 28, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Western Michigan cornerback Sam Beal held his Pro Day today which was attended by all 32 NFL teams.

Gil Brandt of NFL.com reports Beal ran 4.47 and 4.55 in his 40's and predicts Beal will be the highest Supplemental Draft selection since Josh Gordon.

He has a pretty impressive resume. good size and speed (6-1 185lbs) had a big game against USC where he picked off darnold as well. He opted not to enter the 2018 draft and was already projected as a 2019 1st round pick. He was 2nd team all MAC in 2017 and played in 2 bowl games in college. He then decided to enter the 2018 supplemental draft coming up and every team showed up to his pro day today

We don't have a 2nd offer, but could offer a 3rd rounder. Claiborne is on a 1 year deal again and not much to love with the jets CBs currently outside of johnson. skrine is likely gone in 2019 as well. might be a good idea to throw in our 3rd and see if nobody offers more.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If he didn't get kicked out, what would he have been graded coming into the 2019 draft?

It will be rough not having a second and third in this draft.

3. GasedAndConfused

he was graded as a 1st round pick for the 2019 draft. they are saying he could be the highest picked player since josh Gorden in the supplemental draft. I think he goes for a 2nd round minimum and doubt our 3rd would be enough to get him but it's not wasting a pick it's drafting a 2019 draft pick early essentially which means he'll be a year ahead of anyone we draft in 2019

4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

If he is as good as advertised, I would throw in a third no question. We will probably recoup a second when Teddy gets traded by the deadline.

5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Nobody in this forum should be laughing at the Browns for being Browns. We should all be thanking them for sticking to their ways so we could get Darnold and thus breaking our streak of being the sam ole Jets.

6. GasedAndConfused

while I agree, i think you posted this in the wrong thread

themorey likes this.
  7. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Indeed sir, not sure how that happened. Maybe its my advancing age and all these internet tubes are confusing me.

8. GasedAndConfused

LMAO no worries. we've all done it before

9. Not sure where all this hype came from.2 months ago i started looking into supplemental prospects & no one calling this guy a first round pick.There was talk of someone maybe using a 3rd/4th on he or the DB from VT

The only way the jets bid a 3rd is if theyre convinced he can beat out the likes of Robinson,Burris,Clarke,Jones & Nickerson. Already a ton of young DBs in camp no sense on wasting scarce draft capital unless some of the aforementioned names are already on the outs

10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Jets win 2nd priority in the supplemental draft

Although with no 2nd rounder already in 2019, I’d be shocked to see them bid their other day 2 pick.

11. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Unless he is an eventual replacement for Claiborne, no thanks. I would really hate going into next year's draft with no picks after our 1st rounder until the 4th rounder.

12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Let's see if they try to land Alexander here in rounds 6 or 7.
    Edit

Guess not, Redskins took him round 6.

#12 TonyFtLaud, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  13. GasedAndConfused

New York Giants: Sam Beal, CB, Western Michigan, third round.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Out for Season, Shoulder Injury

15. GasedAndConfused

yeah i seen that. still not a bad pick though since he will still be ahead 1 year of anyone the would have picked in next years draft as far as the playbook and such as well as practicing and film room stuff.

16. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah as really the picks are good. And hopefully the first round draft choices will not be busts.