Agent says Law is done with Jets (Star Ledger)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by davecrazy, Feb 15, 2006.

1. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

http://www.nj.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/sports-0/1139982419305540.xml&coll=1

2. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Ofcourse we are not keeping him. Nate clements is cheaper and fits perfect as laws replacement..he can be our shut down if their is such a thing. For years to come and he will get better.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Lets hold up a second. Law wants a signing bonus of $10 million.

Nate Clements claims to be the best Corner in football and thinks he should be payed that much! Clements will get tagged by Buffalo, but to say he'd be cheaper than Law is not right, whenever he does get his deal, his bonus will be in the $15 million plus range...

4. pdptank

pdptank New Member

we won't need real "cornerbacks" with Mangini... Look at the Pats in '04-'05, they got by just fine... I'd like to see a 3-6 defense. Just have 6 Linebackers patrol the secondary...

5. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I don't want him back.

Law was overweight. He had way too many penalties. By the end of the year, the number of poor performances he had outweighed the good ones, and on top of it, the fact that they had to separate him from Justin Miller out of bad character concerns is disconcerting. I can't wait to see him gone.

-X-

6. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Let him make his millions elsewhere. We're in a very different phase now then we were a year ago, and the need for a quick fix isn't needed.

7. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

It doesn't suprise me that Law is interested in camp marshmellow...........

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

He's gotta keep working on that beer gut he got going last year. KC is the perfect place to pick up where he left off; disrupting the locker room; getting excused from Monday meetings. All the while getting paid the big bucks.

He may be able to get even more perks in KC. Long term deal. He can start the KC demise.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

There's no question Ty Law showed up looking pretty portly last year. In fact, he even now still looks overweight (see Pro-Bowl pics). The combination of extra weight and age is a killer in career terms. All this hype over a guy who is past his prime and looking for major dollars is just plain silly, IMO. It would surprise the sh*t out of me if New England, for example, even signed Law, much less for the kind of money he's looking for.

Law is an on-field gambler who had some spectacular interceptions last year. He also got burned quite sufficiently trying to make some plays. The Jets will be fine without him. We need to have faith in our coaching staff and FO that we can procure and cultivate the next Ty Law now, not pay through the nose for this has-been. I think Ty Law's agent should be given the NFL equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor for being able to make a chocolate eclair out of a turd.

10. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Just fine? If you think finishing 31st out of 32 teams in pass defense is just fine you may have a point. Mangini is vastly overrated if you go by facts rather than hope. His Patriot defense also finished 26th in total defense...

The PAts got by just fine because they have Tom Brady and Adam Vinitieri.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2005/regular

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

well did anyone actually expect him to stay?:rofl:

12. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

can't blame him...he knows his time is running out...gotta sign one more big contract on his way out.....the Jets weren't going to give him that.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

14. abyzmul

I have yet to read one of your posts that contains anything even remotely resembling a convincing argument. And I'm not expecting to.

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

This was a good bump. Goes to show Dave Hutchinson is pretty reliable when it comes to news.

16. abyzmul

Holy crap, I thought this one had been on the first page. I guess need to clear some cookies.

17. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

They got by just 'fine'? They were ranked 31st out of 32 teams in defense.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2005/regular

18. Attyla

Attyla New Member

Well, you roll the dice. Of course he came in a bit heavy. The injury had not allowed him to work out at his usual pace. Fact is, he did a good job for you guys, and deserves to be paid since he is one of the best in the league.

I like Law, he would make a good Raider, but he is not either young enough or old enough to be one.

19. abyzmul