AFC West

Discussion in 'Crystal Ball' started by NYJalltheway, Aug 24, 2006.

?

Who's Got It?

1. Broncos

65.2%
  2. Chiefs

4.3%
  3. Chargers

26.1%
  4. Raiders

4.3%
  1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

3 good teams.
    1 horrible team.

There should only be 1 playoff team here though. KC might surprise us and get in though.

2. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Watch out for raiders defense this year. going to be special by season end. Alot of speed and quality depth. Raiders win 8 games easy next year- defense alone. Lets see what the offense can do .

#2 Raiderjoe, Aug 26, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  3. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

^My friend, it takes more then speed to stop LT and LJ. You can be as fast as you want, but running backs like those will run over those 6'1'' 200 4.3 40 defensive backs all day.

Give me Denver... I don't think the Chargers have enough to get it done (the defense doesn't impress me and key players like Donnie Edwards are getting old, and Phillip Rivers is likely going to struggle. I'm excited to see Gates and LT catching ALL of his passes this year).

The Chiefs are a dark horse, IMO. Larry Johnson is the best runner in the league, IMO (LT is better overall because of pass catching ability) and Trent Green is one of the top QBs. He's quietly put up back-to-back 4,000 yard seasons with Tony Gonzalez and Kenninson as the only good targets. Under Herm Edwards he won't get that much, but he'll be able to play like Chad did in 2002, and I think this team has a very good chance to win. If Herm works Michael Bennett in effectively, this team will be competitive with guys like Surtain, Law, Johnson, and Bell on D. The only true hole left on their defense is at DT, when James Reed will likely be one of their starters.

But, give it to Denver. They have outstanding receiver depth, with Rod Smith and Javon Walker a very dangerous 1-2 that compliment eachother well. (Place starting running back here) will be effective behind this offensive line and in this system, and Jake Plummer is playing for the playoffs AND his job at this point. On defense they have arguably the best back 7 in the league, but they'll still be naked behind a poor defensive line. But, with the light air that makes Mile High one of the best home field advantages in the league, they should be able to take home the division with a 10 or 11 win season.

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

It just not Raiders DBs that are Fast , but the whole defense. Raiders have real LBs this year(verydeep now at position) BY season end, they will give Denver serious run for the best back seven in the game. (They are going to be that good) Diffrence is raiders dline is way stronger than Denvers. Raiders defense could move way up this year. Rob Ryan can do so much now with personal he has on roster. YEa Im exciting about the defense. Raiders will go as far as there offense. Yes they have alot of talent on offense, but really not sure what going to happen there. I expect the offense to struggle early (alot of changes) and going to take time for everyone to get on same page. I think offense will be very good later in the year. I say raiders easily win 8 games next year. Could supprise if offense develops faster.

NO Doubt Denver has to be the favorites to win the AFC West . They had the least holes to fill this year, but they are no sure things either. Rod Smith sooner or later age going to catch up with him.(Like J Rice and T brown when it does it can go very fast) . Teams in divison Raiders and Chargers are athlethic enough on defense to match up well with Denver small quick Oline. Denver can't run and Plummer not good enough to beat you when everyone knows hes passing. Also will Denver get anywhere close to production out of clevland Dline as last year. Finally Denver talent very good but they aren't very deep in some areas(big dropoff from starters to reserves)

Chiefs have been as good as their oline. One of the best . There are major question marks on that oline now and its not getting any younger. Lets see how L Johnson looks, if Oline not up to Par. Now if we were talking about Law and Surtain of couple years ago i would be a little more scaried. Chiefs defense still dosen't scare anyone. I think there a good chance they might finish last in AFc West.

San Diego. Have alot of young talent everywhere. biggest regret they might have is going with P Rivers over D Brees. Thats some big shoes to fill. P Rivers might be more physical gifted than Brees ,but he dosen't read defenses nearly as well . Very hard to run against Chargers but can there secondary stop anyone. They could go either way. I think it rest squarely on rivers shoulders. Defenses will show him alot diffrent looks and can he handle it.

Denver right now clearly favorites.

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

The Raiders??!! :lol: :lol:

Come on!!??