Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Good thoughts. Jets West - sans Sanchez.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't know if Adam Gase is the answer to the perennial Jet problems...

But he has infinite more personality than zombie Bowles.

3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Zero. That’s how many would choose Trubisky.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Exactly.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So does my cat...

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How is he with half-time adjustments?

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That's the 64 million dollar question. If you look at their draft profiles prior to entering the NFL draft they were practically identical. At the combine Trubisky performed better in the 40, vertical, Broad jump, 3 cone, 20 yard shuttle. Wonderlic Sam had a 28 Mitch a 25. Trubisky has a much bigger arm than Sam. Trubisky also had a much better year in his only year of starting in College. Sam was a bit of a turnover machine. Most GM's would look at both of them as great pro-prospects. Sam was an extremely hyped prospect some of it having to do with USC. USC QB's are always hyped and generally haven't been as good as the hype. I would probably take Sam but the idea that Sam is a slam dunk and Trubisky is sloppy seconds is way off base.

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

There's more to playing quarterback than the measurables. Watch Darnold's college tape and then watch Trubisky's, Darnold is the higher rated prospect 10/10 times.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Enough of this..

Haven't you guys learned?>>>>>> White Boys Can't Jump!!

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I watched all the tape. Based on tape Josh Rosen is the most natural pro-QB of the entire group. Your point?

#1670 Biggs, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  11. I would disagree that Trubisky has a better arm. Trubisky throws w. more consistent velocity bc he's a pocket passer w. good fundamentals. Sam has much better arm talent but his velocity is inconsistent b.c he's not a drop back passer who is still learning to throw w. a proper base when hes improvising.

Outside of the 3 cone none of those other measurables really provide any insight to who is a better athlete. All this says is that Trubisky is better in terms of straight line/raw power. And given that Sam is much bigger & is a former linebacker..that might actually be a wash.

What Sam has athletically is change of direction, agility,body control & top notch spacial awareness. All of this plays into eluding pass rushers,improvising outside the pocket & making guys miss in the open field. This is the aspect of his game that trubisky simply cannot touch. Trubisky may have alittle wiggle & decent strauight line speed...but he's not even in the same league as Sam in terms of pocket presence & improvisation outside the pocket. Not to mention throwing w. touch,Anticipation & accuracy.

NYJetsO12, BudJet, Pepsiguy5 and 2 others like this.
  12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Armando Salguero is the #1 Dolphins insider writing for the Miami Herald. He's covered the team since the early-1990's. He likes Gates even though at times they've had a stumble or two in their relationship. But he looks at the coaching position objectively not based on whether the guy kisses his ass and he thought he should have been kept. He thinks he knows offense, says that Tannehill DID improve, and that he puts guys -- Tebow/Manning/Cutler -- in a position to do what they do best, NOT do what HE wants them to do.

IOTW....he'll play to a QB's strengths rather than tell him to do this, that, etc. regardless of who is behind center.

He was saying only a few weeks ago that if he were the Dolphins GM he would have extended Gase with some minor changes. And Armando is the guy who broke the story about Gase allegedly yelling at Ross.

Salguero's opinion carries alot of weight with me. If he says that alot of the negatives about Gase are being exaggerated or are not true, that bodes well for us.

13. JetsKickAss

Based on tape THIS YEAR, Baker Mayfield was the most natural pro-QB.....Sam 2nd, Allen 3rd, Rosen 4th. If you want to reverse Allen and Rosen, NP.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, what tape were you watching?

Baker
    Sam
    Rosen/Allen

HomeoftheJets and NYJFOREVER like this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I agree with your top 3.
    Rosen was by far the worst on tape this year though......he'd be 5th after Jackson by a fair amount.
    His UCLA tape never impressed me either, but the majority of this board had blinders on regarding him as a prospect.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I think Sam's most important superior trait to Trubisky is his ability to throw, with arm strength and accuracy, on the run. Especially rolling to his left.

I watched Trubisky and Sam both extensively in college.

Trubisky was IMHO no where near the prospect that Sam was/is.

I don't think he's that good.

BudJet and NYJFOREVER like this.
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Actually it says he's faster, more explosive, more agile and he definitely has a stronger arm and better mechanics throwing the ball than Sam. Sam is 6'3" 225. Trubisky is 6'2" 222. Sam has a hitch in his delivery that's a lot like Rivers. It's not a problem but he definitely doesn't have more arm talent than Trubisky.

What Sam has that shows up on film is the ability to see the play quickly, anticipate the play and translate it to the physical performance needed. That's what Brady has that makes him the GOAT. That's all that's required for greatness. It shows up on film but Sam does have issues including a very high turnover ratio. The question is can he continue to see the play faster than others at the pro-level? Can Trubisky learn it at the pro-level the more he sees it? It's ultimately the question that is unanswered for every drafted QB until they actually do it.

I love Sam but anyone at this point that says he's going to be better than Trubisky is simply speculating. Trubisky right now is miles ahead of Sam in terms of actual NFL production.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. JetsKickAss

I didn't see alot of Rosen/AZ this year. I know Larry F. isn't what he was 10 years ago but at worst he's a solid #2 receiver. Not sure what happened to the other guys that folks like Peter King were raving about 2 or 3 years ago. Bottom line, the coaching staff AND team just stunk this year and you see less talent there than with SF or the Jets.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

FYI I love Sam and the fact we got him. I also would have loved to get either Elway or Marino out of the 83 draft. As much as I love Namath, I wouldn't have minded one bit if we had drafted Rodger Staubach the year before and waited for him to come out of the Navy.

I have no buyers remorse with Sam even though it looks at the moment Mayfield is the guy from this class. All of that will show up in time...

20. JetsKickAss

You know, I saw that "hitch" too and I am no expert on QB mechanics. It's very visible.

Why does a guy like Mayfield look so smooth and Sam and others have the hitch that isn't corrected ? Is it not important ? Doesn't lengthen release time ?

That hitch was the main reason I wasn't sold on Sam originally for the Jets or even a Top 5 because I just like to see that smooth gunslinging motion of a guy like Baker.

I guess it's not that important though.