Action Park: The Movie

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by thedonger, Mar 24, 2018.

1. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Presented by Jackass:

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Aren't those guys all dead yet?

3. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Only one of them so far afaik.
    Wondering if anyone has any fond memories of "traction" park, I know I left a good bit of skin on that alpine slide.

FJF likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think I have some good raspberry scars from that place. Are they really still in business?

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Back in business. They changed the name for a while but I am pretty sure it’s back as action park. Some down hill mtb trails there now too.

I bungee jumped there back in the early nineties, didn’t realize them how close I was to actually dying. That place was sketchy as hell on safety

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The enema water slide was a big deal.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm going to go ahead and not waste money on a terrible movie.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yep we have been there a few times its called Mountain Creek now,,,,was there last year,,,early AM just opening ,waiting to go in ,and we are on line ,,,, and I look up the hill and about 100 yards away , I say man thats a big freaking dog, I look again and say wow thats a bear,,guy says oh yeah that one of the cubs ,theres 2 of them and the mama is always running around ----"he says don't you have bear where you live "- Im like yeah but not where my kids play ,,,,,long story short we did not see the mama,,,,been there a few times now .

FJF likes this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oh, man, 'Action Park' was off the walls crazy. It was "supervised" by 16 year olds who just go their working papers and would let people do anything because they couldn't care less. I used to ski at Vernon Valley/Great Gorge with my best friend, Mark, all the time from the 9th grade and up. I was only good enough to stand up (he used to ski without poles and was great), but that murder nonsense water park was on the same property as the Playboy Resort craphouse hotel that fell into disrepair and now houses a bunch of crackheads. Yes, it's now called Mountain Creek. If anyone wants to do a search to see how many people got destroyed in 'Murder Park' - that's what we used to call it - be my guest. Won't watch what I'm sure is a shit movie for $, though. DOCUMENTARY NEEDED. Seriously, someone needs to do a documentary about the place. It was that nuts. I think 5 or 6 people died there if memory serves me, and the place has re-opened, haha.

#9 jetophile, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  10. jetophile

Yeah, 'Action Park' again. Um, there was no safety ever involved whatsoever.

FJF likes this.
  11. jetophile

That place wasn't even assumed risk. Not sure how many times they were sued for death, bodily injury, drowning, etc., but apparently not enough. It was more you might go home alive, but if ya don't, oh, well, it's your funeral!

^This was after I stopped skiing there. I think the original place opened when I was around 14. It was even sicker in 1980.

#11 jetophile, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  12. jetophile