According to the NFL We Are Last in Red Zone Offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This kind of makes sense because our offensive line sucks and we have a rookie QB (who is most likely being told over and over and over again to "throw it away if you have an doubt and take the 3 points").

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Rightfully so,I would add

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

• 1st & 10 at SF 28
      (0:10 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass deep left to D.Adams pushed ob at SF 9 for 19 yards (G.Mabin).

• 1st & 9 at SF 9
      (0:06 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short left to D.Adams.

• 2nd & Goal at SF 9
      (0:00 - 4th) Mason Crosby 27 Yd Field Goal. Packers win.
    Monday night. Tie Game. Rodgers driving. No time outs. With :10 left on the 28, here comes the field goal unit?

No, Rodgers lifts a casual finger to the sideline, like, "Hold on. I'm running another play." Quick pass to the sideline for 19 yards and out of bounds. Great play! Six seconds left. Here comes the field goal unit?!

No! AGAIN Rodgers lifts his finger, like, "No rush. One more play." Quick toss incomplete in the end zone. That was hilarious.

I think it will be a few years before Sam is doing that.

FJF likes this.
  4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

When it comes to statistics being meaningful for predicting game outcomes, football falls right in the middle somewhere between baseball on one hand, where you have thousands of discrete, isolated actions every week, and soccer on the other, which is a very fluid, collective sport where it is hard to quantify individual actions that contribute to scores and results. The Jets have had a lot of trips to the red zone lately, which is undeniably a good sign, but a poor conversion-to-points rate, which is not. With Darnold and Bates both still in heavy development phase, we'll have to be patient and see how things eveolve over the next few weeks. I am not expecting a win vs. the Vikings. Then again, I was not expecting a win vs. either Denver or Indy. So we'll have to see!

Jets81, MoWilkBeast, FJF and 2 others like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This kind of confidence and ability doesn't just happen. Rodgers has done similar things hundreds of times. I'm not saying Sam should be at this point by any stretch, but learning to be aggressive and put pressure on the other team is a learned skill, and he can begin that process now. The last game he had a chance to take a shot and Bowles went conservative. It was a missed opportunity IMO.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That was really cool watching Rodgers operate like that and is something for Sam to aspire to. But like you said he is years away and also Bowles was taking field goals to maintain a 2 possession game. Different game situations require different levels of risk.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking.....most of Sam's TDs come from 40 yards out!

But it's OK that Sam and the whole offense has a place to improve. Personally, our redzone problems are almost 100% on the O-Line. We can't run the ball OR block longer than a 1/2 second when inside the 20 for some reason. Teams usually rush an extra guy since there's so little field to protect. And sometime the extra rusher is on a run blitz on the ball carrier. Red zone offense is REALLY helped by big tall WRs like Plaxico and an O-line that can block for longer than 1 second.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

On the flip side, we’re second in forced fumbles, second in interceptions, 4th in passes defensed, and tied for first in defensive touchdowns. This with Maye mostly out and nobody to get after the QB. Perhaps we’re finally seeing what Bowles defense is capable of.

If the D stays on that pace and the O can start to convert in the RZ, nobody will want to play us as the season progresses.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

the one we won grrr grrr grrr

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: