Absolute embarrassment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by graig.323, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Tampa Bay Jet

Tampa Bay Jet Member

And yet another year of quoting the late, great Freddie Fender, "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights."

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of race. That's flat out racism.

Rex was a dumb white guy. So was Mangini, and Kotite, and Coslet, and Carroll, and Groh, and Joe Walton. I guess that means we shouldn't hire any more white HCs either. Maybe the next one needs to be Latino or Asian, or maybe even a woman. LOL

LWC611 and westiedog1 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

Woody doesn't. If I'm not mistaken, Casserley and Wolfe advised Woody on the Bowles hire (or was it just the Maccagnan hire?).

4. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Are you smoking crack? The defense had a decent game? They gave up nearly 500 yards and nearly 400 yards through the air, another 72 yd td strike, and roethlisberger's jersey doesn't even need to be cleaned. Cause he wasn't touched. That level of brightsiding is not allowed, IMHO.

tomdeb likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

They had Andy Reid as HC, a solid QB, a solid D and a better team. So GTFO with those stupid comparisons.

6. NCJetsfan

I agree that a strong message needs to be sent to the team and CS. I dislike Bowles more and more each week, but who will coach the team for the rest of the season, Gailey? He's as much a part of the problem as Bowles imo. There's no one else that could even begin to lead the team. They could fire the DC, is about all I could see on the CS. If they fired Gailey, I don't think we have anyone qualified to run the offense.

I think that Bowles probably needs to go following the season, but I'm concerned with what that might mean for the offensive and defensive systems. One of the reasons this team has struggled so much in its history is constantly having to turn over the roster because the systems change. I really would like an experienced HC who had been an OC and offensive coach, but Jim Schwartz may be the best head coaching prospect available at this point if other posters are right, because hopefully he wouldn't change our D.

Why trade Richardson?

tomdeb likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That was in response to a(nother) "Fire everyone right NOW!" post.

8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but most of those yards came in the second half of the game. In the first half they held the Steelers close. If the offense had been able to generate some points when they had the ball, the defense might not have had to be on the field so much.

The problem with the Jets defense right now, which was terribly obvious today, is that they are one dimensional. They have an excellent defensive line that does a good job stopping the run. This line gets a decent push on pass plays, however, they are still lacking that pass rusher who can close the deal. Roethlisberger had all day to throw today and he made the most of it.

AJW likes this.
  9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Barber: what kinda season you want, bruh?
    Mac:

[​IMG]

10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Can we just play Hack the rest of the way so we can draft Watson or maybe Kizer?

I hate this team

11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

at least the future looks bright. We have

--a 33 year old journeyman QB still playing while younger QBs who need playing time ride the pine
    --an offensive line comprised of two old guys and a bunch of scrubs
    --a secondary who could not cover my 88 year old mother (88 tomorrow) with one guy making $17M
    --a totally clueless coach who takes timeout with clock stopped and punts on 4th and 2 down 11 in the mid-4th quarter
    --a defensive line consisting of all run stuffers and no pass rushers
    --a team with no cap room thanks to inflated contracts
    --a team with reduced draft picks next year thanks to a brilliant trade for brandon schell
    --a clueless owner employing a clueless coach clinging to clueless QB
    --2 young QBs won't won't see the field this year despite needing some playing time
    --a totally uninspired, unmotivated, undisciplined team which LOOKS WORSE EVERY WEEK

Lon Chaney likes this.
  12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

They MUST start drafting some OL--they got 2 old guys and nothing but scrubs in dozier, quale, winters and ben whatever

13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

McCagnan only.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14. NCJetsfan

Thanks. So that's even worse. Woody hired Bowles on his own. If a HC change is made, hopefully Woody lets Mac make the hire. If not, things will never get better here.

Cman68 likes this.
  15. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Too much ranting. They need a top quarterback the rest is just filling in. The league has become predictable. The top QB's win and the rest are cannon fodder. Too bad the NFL used to be fun because there were many ways to win. Now there is only one way and there are not enough top QB's to go around

AJW and westiedog1 like this.
  16. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

They advised on both, I think Mac is/has been a quality hire. TB on the other hand looks like he's going to be a big miss.

Cman68 and tomdeb like this.
  17. hastygreen

They have been angling for this with all of the rules changes and now the NFL is slowly turning into baseball where you have a handful of top teams, some alsorans and the chaff. Of course that's probably the point I guess. Baseball makes money hand over fist and that's what Goodall wants; product be damned.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"color rush" is a prime example of a money grab.

AJW likes this.
  19. hastygreen

exactly, and poorly conceived to boot. Who the hell wants to buy those ugly uniforms anyway?

AJW likes this.
  20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

When Bowles says this is on him etc. it's just a different voice saying the same things Rex said. This guy is Rex 2nd or worse if that's possible. How many excuses after losses does Woody and Mac give him before the axe falls? It really doesn't matter what this team does the rest of the season, this coaching staff isn't competent and everyone knows it at this point. The only positives to look forward to are developing young taleent at skill positions and I highly doubt this staff is willing to do so unless directed to do so by Mac which means after loss 7 or 8 at a minimum and even then I'm doubtful they'll see the light to get Petty and Hack reps. Total waste of a year and yet another scrub coaching staff. How Mac handles this will go a long way toward deciding his legacy with this team. The luster is off a bit already with the Hack reach in round 2 when Dak was there for the taking in the proper round for a project pick.

tomdeb likes this.