Abe's Trade value versus Mr. X....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ForeverRebuilding, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ForeverRebuilding

ForeverRebuilding New Member

Ok, I know a ton of posts have been started asking for Abe's trade value and what we would like to get in return, but here's one with a new twist. I looked at Abe's stats over the last 6 years versus the first 6 years of another pass rusher drafted in the first round, and later traded (Mr. X). The numbers are pretty comparable, but the compensation that was received for Mr. X is not as high as what everyone thinks we can get for Abe.

[​IMG]

It probably won't be a hugh suprise who Mr. X is...but I'll keep you in suspense.

2. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

I can't go to sleep until I find out who Mr. X is. Please post the identity.

3. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

It aint Rice- I can tell you that much.

4. GatorNation52

GatorNation52 New Member

its Hugh Douglas I believe, what do I win?

5. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

is it Ogunleye?

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It is Hugh Douglas. GatorNation is right. Look at the sack totals of Mr. X and Douglas.

7. ForeverRebuilding

Correct!! Hugh it is... Sorry no prize, just found it interesting. We recieved a 2nd and 5th from the Eagles in 98. That was Hugh's third year in the league. Here's the comparison to his first 3 vs. Abe's. IN my opinion if we get a first for Abe that would be a steal!!!
    [​IMG]

8. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

very cool thread, thanks

9. xBleedingGreen62x

It probably won't be a hugh suprise who Mr. X is...but I'll keep you in suspense.[/QUOTE]

lol if i wasent so good at attenton to detail this 1 mighta stumped me....nice lil clue right there mang

10. 1028

1028 Active Member

Kurt proposed in another thread, a trade of Abe to Washington for Arrington and their 2nd rounder. I think Id take it, but Id rather go with the rumor that has us taking their 2nd and 3rd this year, and 1st next year

11. 1028

1028 Active Member

lol if i wasent so good at attenton to detail this 1 mighta stumped me....nice lil clue right there mang[/QUOTE]
    Cant believe I missed that :eek:hmy:

12. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

didnt Ogunleye net a 1st from the bears?

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Huge was worth more than we got but BP wanted him gone and gave him away, this regime should be able to get more for Abe.

14. ForeverRebuilding

Ogunleye was actually traded for MartY Booker:

Chicago has traded wide receiver Marty Booker to Miami for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye pending the Bears' ability to sign Ogunleye to a new contract by Saturday night, according to Fox Sports. In recent years, Booker has been a pillar of stability for an otherwise underwhelming and inconsistent Chicago offense. Booker has led the Bears in receiving in each of the past three seasons, including scoring 18 touchdowns over that span. Ogunleye has been a hold out all preseason while attempting to get a new contract. The Bears are also throwing a 2005 third-round pick into the deal.

So if we compare Ogunleye to Abe we should be looking to get Ryan Yarborough and a 2nd rounder