A possible scenario

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Mar 21, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

UGH...Can THIS draft be over already?

westiedog1, Sam Hammer and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He has it worded that we get Barkley and Mayfield, we take Barkley with our 3 and then give two future 1st round picks to the browns to take their 4th place and then take Mayfield with it.

I am not sure you understood him tbh and I don't understand how buffalo fuck us in his scenario.

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I also want it to be over, it's pushing my sanity.

4. K'OB

He isn't asking to trade back though is he.

We are using our third and trying to take the browns fourth with the two future firsts.

BomberJet likes this.
  5. K'OB

We would be set at FQB and a future hof RB what is not to like, we would only water them on defense the next two years anyways lol

6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

It would be an interesting scenario- getting 2 franchise players in one draft - unfortunately it is a bit of a pipe dream, :p

Ozymandias likes this.
  7. K'OB

Of course it is but that is what a forums for, mind I am amazed at how many posters didn't understand what the op was trying to do. :)

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The way this scenario works is the Jets offer Barkley to the Browns for the 4 pick and the Browns 2019 #1. The Browns would be more likely just to take Quenton Nelson at 4.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's an insane idea.

10. NCJetsfan

I understood what he was trying to do, but imo it's based on being obsessed with Barkley, and obsessions lead people to do very stupid things. Barkley is not the be-all, end-all that some posters here are trying to make him. If one more poster says he wants Barkley at #3 or comes up with some crazy scenario for the Jets getting Barkley, I'm gonna start hoping that Barkley gets taken by one of Buffalo, Miami or NE. I'm sick of Barkley!

Sam Hammer likes this.
  11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think my head is going to explode! Checking twitter every half hour for updates, looking for rumors or even an inkling as to who the Jets or Browns will pick in the draft. I swear, I'm going to be certifiable by the time this draft ends.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. K'OB

Why ?

He is one of us and could very well be a one in a generation back and we certainly do not have one of those either, the idea to get both a FQB and a FRB if you like is of course fanciful but it doesn't make it a crap wishful thinking post :)

Also you were obviously not one of the people that didn't understand his post, as for obsessive, it can't be as bad as all the FQB obsessives lol

13. K'OB

Well you think so mate, I would love both of those players myself, why would you not ?

So we don't pick in the first round for two years, the chances are we would be improving and the draft picks would be going towards the higher end, plus we have cap space again, so if we had more dire needs elsewhere (as we will do) then we can wrap some FA's up to sort that out.

The oddest thing about this pick at 3 and selecting a QB, the chances are Teddy will get a go first and if he by some miracle performs like an FQB then we will have sort of wasted the pick and could have had Teddy and Barkley leading the way all along lol :p

14. NCJetsfan

I would love both the players if we hadn't won so many games, didn't have to trade up, and Barkley wasn't rated so high. That's not reality, however.

I love Teddy, but we cannot count on him. Even if he is fully recovered and can play as he did prior to the injury, the pick will not be wasted. Injuries happen, so Teddy could get injured again (particularly with the Jets' OL), and the rookie would play. We'll have two very good QBs and great depth for at least a couple of years before they have to trade one of them. At that point the Jets could quite possibly get a high pick or possibly picks in return for either Teddy or the rookie if the rookie has looked very good in preseason and spotstarts like Garoppalo.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Funny you should bring up Jimmie G ..all the QB haters were out in full force against signing him and NOW look what he is up to ..
    Opinions are just that ..but Idzik made a HUGH mistake passing on him..that really set us back

16. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I misspoke. By trade back I meant trade back into the first round. The vision it gives off is, you got the guy you wanted but you want another guy so much that you're willing to pay big bucks to not give anyone else a chance to get him. Its a desperate maneuver and anyone with even an iota of bargaining ability would make us shell out everything but the kitchen sink.

17. K'OB

Well I think we both know it isn't going to happen and it was just a hypothetical proposal to get the best of both worlds for us Jets.

18. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Absolutely not.

19. Skicats

What I might do, even though it probably wouldn't work, is try and get Cleveland to switch 4 for 3, add a second rounder, so they could take Darnold (1) and Barkley(3).

20. Skicats

Two potential franchise players. I would say the majority of football people would not expect Mayfield to be a franchise QB.